Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

The arc will end with a *Squish* as Universe 7 remain from the tournament leaving only 5 universes. Unless the Super Dragon Balls can somehow bring back those who are erased from all existence, and not just dead in the afterlife or as a soul.

Alternatively they can take the Naruto Shippuden route and bring the show back in a new Super-related moniker.

Maybe they decide to throw another tournament in ten Earth years time, therefore the timeline is chucked into the End of Z territory we’ve wanted for so long?

Herm's just translated a statement put out by Toei themselves, that seem to imply that they currently have no plans for the series barring the new movie

zeno2tyu4x.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt they'll stop making series after the movie. Not while the franchise still prints money. If it's not Super, they'll do something else. We still have other universes to explore and know about, including the ones not participating this tournament

• Thumbs Up 2

Cancel it and make a new series that takes place after the DB epilogue. Use the designs from the tournament or newer ones. No Goku going back to his orange gi or Vegeta to his Saiyan armor.

Also, get a better logo. Never liked them just using Z's with the Z replaced.

Well that's certainly unexpected news.

I hope they'll at least give the arc some sort of resolution if it is indeed the end. Or even if it's just a season finale.

Apparently Toyotaro has previously made a comment that the manga will be ahead of the anime by the end of the Tournament, and with the Tournament presumably starting up next month, that means that the manga will indeed likely be ahead of the anime if the anime doesn't come back until next year.

Tomorrow's preview images:

xfn63R9.jpg

55TWMkh.jpg

P5mSmLy.jpg

ASvXKA0.jpg

I hope this is a good one, as Gohan, Freeza and Dyspo interest me more than the others at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone on Discord:
6 minutes left (1/21) - Gohan sacrifices himself in order to defeat Dyspo.
5 minutes left (1/28) - Toppo reaches a new power level, Hakaishin-like. He defeats both c-17 and Freeza. C-17 sacrifices himself in vain.
4 minutes left (2/04) - Vegeta surpasses Toppo but their fight ends with a draw
3 minutes left (2/11) - Goku fights Jiren
2 minutes left (2/18) - Goku is fighting Jiren as Ultra Instinct, but now he has a blue ki being covered with red ki
1 minute left (3/04) - The Tournament ends
After the Tournament (3/18) - Using the Super Dragon Balls
Goku's next Journey (3/25) - Goku is training with Goten. He hears something about a new fighter who will appear in the martial arts tournament.
"the same guy who leaked the Future Trunks arc's ending has posted the "synopsis" of the remaining episodes of Super" 

Geekdom101 addressed that "leak" in a video. Apparently it's a fake translation of some post on 2chan.

I imagine (and hope) that the rest of the tournament won't be so predictable. Most of that is gleaned from the spoilers and promotional images.

2 minutes ago, 11 Pawns-a-Piping said:

Geekdom101 addressed that "leak" in a video. Apparently it's a fake translation of some post on 2chan.

I imagine (and hope) that the rest of the tournament won't be so predictable 

It's a different one somewhat. The one Geeldom talked about had Vegetto fight Jiren.

1 minute ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

It's a different one somewhat. The one Geeldom talked about had Vegetto fight Jiren.

True, but this does feel like someone slightly elaborated on the spoilers in a similar way.

I honestly can see this being true, but I don't like the idea of Android 17's sacrifice and the final episode just being Z's ending remade.

This would actually be before Z's ending. He already knew Uub was taking part in the tournament in the epilogue.

The season Finale will be U7 coming back to Earth only to find out it has been conquered. When they finally find the one behind this, they realize it's none other than Yamcha, and he's reached Ultra Instinct. And with that, the hiatus starts...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 3

Gohan did indeed drop in this episode, but he took Dyspo down with him just as Dyspo had started to fight at max power. Had Gohan and Freeza cut their losses at the end of their plan and went on defense, Dyspo would just have a ton of momentum and go on a rampage that Goku and Vegeta can't spare any thought for while fighting Jiren. 

It was a gut decision and it paid off.

52V67dP.png

And then Vegeta with no real build up/ongoing tie to the arc is the one to accomplish this, rather than the previous arc where it would have made more sense.

Being a Gohan fan is like being a Tails fan. It's nothing but wasted potential everywhere, dropping the ball, and pain.

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Being a Gohan fan is like being a Tails fan. It's nothing but wasted potential everywhere, dropping the ball, and pain.

Sounds more like a case of disappointing yourself off of too high expectations to me.

Gohan did just fine in today's episode. If anything, what he did was simple yet very smart since Frieza would be the one person who had no qualms in going along with the back-up plan. Everyone was constantly expecting Frieza to do something that would backstab someone. Gohan expected it as well ans rather than wait for him to do it, he made use of the possibility and flat out gave it to him and made it so it would benefit the team instead of hinder it. In Frieza's case, he gets to kill two birds with one stone. Troll Saiyans and last longer in the tourney by taking down an enemy. Gohan got Frieza's full cooperation and managed to take down an enemy without getting blindsided into a shameful loss.

As far as I'm concerned, Gohan made all of the right choices. I'm proud of him.

• Thumbs Up 4

32 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Sounds more like a case of disappointing yourself off of too high expectations to me.

Gohan did just fine in today's episode. If anything, what he did was simple yet very smart since Frieza would be the one person who had no qualms in going along with the back-up plan. Everyone was constantly expecting Frieza to do something that would backstab someone. Gohan expected it as well ans rather than wait for him to do it, he made use of the possibility and flat out gave it to him and made it so it would benefit the team instead of hinder it. In Frieza's case, he gets to kill two birds with one stone. Troll Saiyans and last longer in the tourney by taking down an enemy. Gohan got Frieza's full cooperation and managed to take down an enemy without getting blindsided into a shameful loss.

Never said anything about he did awful. I said he didn't live up at all. And high expectations? He had more build up and story relevance than Vegeta had this entire arc, and Vegeta is the one getting the benefits. That's really lame. He hardly has a track record worth really going on about. Mostly nobodies except Botamo and Dyspo. The Nameks were obstacles personified rather than characters, Obuni was someone we're supposed to take seriously when they showed nothing but macho jokes for universe 10, and 17 was the real guy when it came to the robots.

If this was Manga Gohan I'd be fine as he hardly had anything going for him there, but anime built a lot more promise.

7 hours ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Yeah, that's a good way of looking at it.

My disappointment lies in how rushed the episode was. Lots of reused animation and iffy pacing was a shame for Gohan's last hurrah and the defeat of Dyspo. Oh well. Toppo next, and holy crap, does he look fucking amazing. It looks like 17 and Freeza will be out very soon (and without a win).

So uh... is there any indication what the Super Balls will actually be used for, yet? That's the biggest spoiler of them all, since there's so many ways the Tournament epilogue could go.

As for this episode itself, I see no shame in Gohan's way of going out. I think he's smart enough (his main attribute these days, a true foster son to Piccolo in that aspect) to realize that Universe 7 would have better odds of winning if he could get Dyspo out. Frieza has the raw power necessary to fight Toppo, so it really was a no brainer for Gohan; he was objectively the most expendable due to being out of practice, and Dyspo would be the easiest one for him to ring out. Dyspo isn't as strong as most of the fighters in the ring, but his insane speed meant he could easily compensate... getting him out was crucial so there would be no distractions against Jiren and Toppo, fighters who require more raw power to defeat.

It was just a good tactical decision all around. There is no shame in losing the battle to win the war. It's a strategy that has worked time and time again throughout real world history.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's all but confirmed Goku will wish the universes back and ask Zen'O to make the ToP a recurring event, sans the erasure, of course.

And it'd be cool if they  retcon Goku going to train with Uub to be him training a tenth member for the next ToP, considering they can't count on Majin Buu and don't want to risk it on Freeza again.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

I think it's all but confirmed Goku will wish the universes back and ask Zen'O to make the ToP a recurring event, sans the erasure, of course.

They still could take us for a ride, though.

Although this episode had an interesting bit of wording in it. When the GodPads aren't able to keep up with Dyspo's speed even in slow motion, the Grand Priest apologizes and says he'll make them better "next time." This is a loose thread that you can pull on and get all kinds of ideas.

Maybe Zen-Oh is planning to make the remaining 5 compete?

Maybe he hasn't Erased any universes at all and is merely pretending to give them motivation to do their best?

And so on. Either way, sounds like Zen-Oh has another Tournament already planned.

5 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

And it'd be cool if they  retcon Goku going to train with Uub to be him training a tenth member for the next ToP, considering they can't count on Majin Buu and don't want to risk it on Freeza again.

This would indeed be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

This would likely mean Trunks and Goten getting involved; probably in place of Tien and Roshi (since Toei doesn't give a shit about the former and it feels like the latter had his final battle). I don't know if Krillin would come back. Perhaps less than 10 members would enter, who knows.

I just hope it happens.

I just feel like Uub being chosen for a future ToP would be the best way of correcting and adapting the End of Z to the current changes we've had. Goku is stronger than Kid Buu now, so Uub being Kid Buu's reincarnation doesn't mean much as it did once, and Goku can train with Whis or Beerus, so he doesn't need to look for someone to get stronger with. The best way to fix that would be if he were looking not for someone to replace him or challenge him, but to fight by his side in a future event.

• Thumbs Up 5