Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

It'd also be a case of third time's the charm being subverted, with Buu being denied participation ironically in favor of his other half getting the role instead. :P

2 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Am I the only one that found funny/liked how Dyspo sang while fighting Freeza?

Well, it's not like he's the first one to do it.

jk

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

DUXCjiMXUAAXk0R.jpg

Salty responses aside, Sean has confirmed Goku Black will keep the british accent for the dub once he goes Rosé.

His response explains how they're basically taking some liberties, to keep the feel that both Zamasu and Black are the same person once the reveal is up. I can't complain, Black's voice patterns do change once he goes Rosé, his pronouns change to the same ones Goku uses, implying Zamasu's spirit has finally bonded to Goku's body to the point where they're one and the same. However this goes both ways, as Black having a similar speech pattern to Zamasu ALSO works to imply Zamasu's spirit has fully bonded to the body.

Plus we need to remember Sean has always given Goku's form different tones, it'd be no different here.

I like the British accent. I wish he'd add a bit of it to normal Goku Black so it's less bizarre.

And of course he can't keep his composure. Fans are dicks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Preview image for 126 (the week after this Sunday):

DUdQxGwU8AA35xL.jpg

Wow, Toppo's whole body has changed shape. Looking super buff now.

It also looks like the GP manipulates the sky again for the last five minutes.

• Thumbs Up 1

So has it been asked if Toppo WANTS to be a God of Destruction? Has he been resisting it all this time but now, in desperate times, desperate measures are needed?

1 hour ago, 11 Pawns-a-Piping said:

Preview image for 126 (the week after this Sunday):

Wait, so there's no episode this weekend!? Why didn't you guys mention that earlier!?

Gotta say, it was horrifying but a bit satisying seeing Frieza getting tortured for once. The amount of head squeezing he did to Gohan has come back to bite him. Was a bit mad at the rules as usual, Frieza was destroyed to everyone's knowledge, AKA Toppo had killed him. No one says he's disqualified? Also, no Gods were allowed in the tournament right? Sure, God ki is different but Toppo is a God of Destruction in training. No one bats an eyelid at this? Oh well, probably over thinking it. Doubt 17 will last next episode sadly, best of luck Vegeta.

You know, I was thinking about all this, and had a thought. So Goku (and to a lesser extent, Vegeta) plans on bringing back all the vaporized universes, right? Is that really gonna fly by Zeno? I mean, think about it. Is he really gonna be ok with bringing universes back when he is the one who vaporized them in the first place? I imagine Goku making the wish, and Zeno going lol nope and erasing them all again.

2 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

You know, I was thinking about all this, and had a thought. So Goku (and to a lesser extent, Vegeta) plans on bringing back all the vaporized universes, right? Is that really gonna fly by Zeno? I mean, think about it. Is he really gonna be ok with bringing universes back when he is the one who vaporized them in the first place? I imagine Goku making the wish, and Zeno going lol nope and erasing them all again.

As mentioned, he'll most likely convince Zeno to let it happen. For starters, Zeno isn't that invested in Erasing universes to begin with (he accepted Bergamo's proposal, and I don't think it's because he presumed Bergamo would lose). But more importantly, Zeno is entertained, and he can't stay entertained if he just freely Erases everybody. If not valuing life itself, Zeno might be convinced it's good to let mortals live because of their entertainment value.

40 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I felt bad for frieza but i see a twist later on seeing as his body is still on the stage.

Already have an idea where this might go.

"There has to be a weakness." It stands to reason that if you gain a God of Destruction's power... you gain their weakness as well.

We saw a close call this episode with a Destruction ball almost hitting the stands. And the way 18 was able to freely fire at Shin with no penalty. There isn't a rule against shooting into the stands, it seems.

Frieza could very possibly Death Beam Universe 11's Supreme Kai, which would kill Belmod... and quite possibly Toppo. Of course, since Frieza technically only killed the Supreme Kai... it might not count as killing Toppo.

This is of course dependent on Frieza knowing that every God of Destruction can be killed easily if their Kai dies. I wouldn't put it past Goku to accidentally let that detail slip...

Or Hell, it could be Frieza is just so pissed that he goes through with it anyway, just to be Erased. It would be rather hilarious if he goes out in an opposite fashion to Frost: attacking the outside of the ring from the inside than vice versa.

2 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Gotta say, it was horrifying but a bit satisying seeing Frieza getting tortured for once. The amount of head squeezing he did to Gohan has come back to bite him. Was a bit mad at the rules as usual, Frieza was destroyed to everyone's knowledge, AKA Toppo had killed him. No one says he's disqualified?

When Freeza and 17 beat Toppo, Tien said something like ''Freeza wasn't disqualified, so I guess Toppo survived'', implying the disqualification is an instant penalty. Since Toppo was still in the game and Freeza wasn't sent to the stands, his survival was clear.

2 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Also, no Gods were allowed in the tournament right? Sure, God ki is different but Toppo is a God of Destruction in training. No one bats an eyelid at this? Oh well, probably over thinking it. Doubt 17 will last next episode sadly, best of luck Vegeta.

The rules only apply to official gods, I'd assume. Right now Toppo is a candidate, aka just someone being trained by Marcarita, just like Goku and Vegeta. He entered the tournament as a mortal.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

The rules only apply to official gods, I'd assume. Right now Toppo is a candidate, aka just someone being trained by Marcarita, just like Goku and Vegeta. He entered the tournament as a mortal.

A thought occurs.

If Belmod dies right now, Toppo presumably automatically takes the post, Vice President style. This presumption is based on how when Gods die, their Angels become inactive, and yet Angels seek out replacement Gods of Destruction; this would indicate that the ascension to Godhood is automatic upon the death of the current God.

End result of all this legalese and technicalities: that would make him a God and thus ineligible to continue.

Also love Krillin's idiocy. "Oh that Frieza is so evil, shooting Toppo in the back during a beam struggle. Not like us when we shot Cell in the back a lot during a beam struggle."

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it's less the fact he shot Toppo in the back, and more that he had more than enough power to knock Toppo out at that point, and instead preferred to torture him for shits and giggles.

Which did backfired not 2 minutes later.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see frieza killing a Kai. He is much to trashed I figure everyone will forget him. Time runs out with both goku and jiren on stage and frieza stands up and tries to take the wish from goku when he learns not everyone gets one. They keep making it seem like you only get one I can't remember how many you get
g

Now Gohan going out before 17 makes sense. Had Toppo fought this current Gohan, it would have just been him taking down another fighter. But against 17 he's established that his GoD power surpasses beyond infinite energy.

As for Freeza, he needed to get his teeth kicked in. Dunno what happens to him now, but he's going to be staggering for a while.

Holy hell, Jiren is supposed to be stronger than this. He at least takes damage right now, but to think he's stronger than this eclipsing Toppo....

This episode was terrifyingly animated. A whole lot of imposing shots and colors. Now that the show's hit endgame, this animation should remain consistent.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 25/01/2018 at 5:43 AM, Ratcicle King said:

DUXCjiMXUAAXk0R.jpg

Salty responses aside, Sean has confirmed Goku Black will keep the british accent for the dub once he goes Rosé.

His response explains how they're basically taking some liberties, to keep the feel that both Zamasu and Black are the same person once the reveal is up. I can't complain, Black's voice patterns do change once he goes Rosé, his pronouns change to the same ones Goku uses, implying Zamasu's spirit has finally bonded to Goku's body to the point where they're one and the same. However this goes both ways, as Black having a similar speech pattern to Zamasu ALSO works to imply Zamasu's spirit has fully bonded to the body.

Plus we need to remember Sean has always given Goku's form different tones, it'd be no different here.

To be fair here, while Sean's response was a bit hostile to say the least, is it really his decision? I was under the impression that the VAs have to follow the direction they are given while allowing to throw in their own pieces here and there? Wasn't that why Goku Black had the SSJ4 voice in Xenoverse 2, because the Black arc had just released and they had no time to get a proper idea of how Black's voice was meant to be?

I mean, I could be wrong here, I don't know how the dubbing process of DB goes, but I really doubt it's a case of Sean just randomly saying "fuck you all, Rose is British now, don't question it"

I'm not against this, having a proper accent for Rose is a nice way to distinguish the forms. Admittedly, I find the reasoning silly (I always assumed Rose was a corrupted version of SSB - because Zamasu's godly ki was being tapped into, as opposed to the small God ki that Goku and Vegeta tapped into). 

I'm pretty sure that either way they should have listened to the fans and remove the accent.

Why can't they just have the same voice?

43 minutes ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

I'm pretty sure that either way they should have listened to the fans and remove the accent.

Why can't they just have the same voice?

Because it's called "localization" not "immitation"

• Thumbs Up 4