Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Goku died 2 times and still came back. He seemed fine after he died too.

Granted that he was a powerful person, we just don't have anyone else to go by.

And apparently you don't need the Dragonballs to be brought back to life either as it was Old Kai who revived Goku the 3rd time.

Thats because Old Kai exchanged his living status for Goku's dead status, no need for the dragonballs for a life transference. he figured he was old anyways so his life was already on shortened time + he was automatically going to keep his body being a kai and all and it was a crisis, Goku was needed out there and not "dead".

Goku died 2 times and still came back. He seemed fine after he died too.

Its not quite like that. Goku was revived between deaths. Whereas the vanish thing only happens if you basically die while dead.

Edited by Kamicciolo

I always found it amusing that while most of the enemies in Dragonball and DBZ plan to use the Dragonballs to obtain eternal life or youth so they can rule with an iron fist forever, it's Goku that gets the 1000 year lifespan that old Kai had remaining, because he's Good Guy Goku.

And that can be extended further in DBGT, when Goku manifests the power of Shenron and the Dragonballs, and effectively gets an eternal life, or for however long the Dragonballs stay active.

Be a good and pure soul, and you shall be rewarded. Actively oppress and seek something unnatural, and you'll never get it.

• Thumbs Up 3

*Looks at last page and sees posts about vegeta's greatest moments.*

The fact that no one included this really pisses me off. This is how the series should have ended. Not with Goku using a spirit ball and destroying Kid buu. Vegeta's explosion attack (shut up I forgot the name of it) should have been the way the series ended. This alone would have finally given Vegeta the love and fan service he finally needed all throughout the series.

• Thumbs Up 2

The fact that no one included this really pisses me off. This is how the series should have ended. Not with Goku using a spirit ball and destroying Kid buu. Vegeta's explosion attack (shut up I forgot the name of it) should have been the way the series ended. This alone would have finally given Vegeta the love and fan service he finally needed all throughout the series.

The move is called "Final Explosion" according to the games. I love it in Budokai 3 right before he blows himself up he says "Bite me!".

And I remember that being a season finale for Toonami. the wait for the next season felt unbearable! biggrin.png

Edited by goku262002

Would have made for a pretty short arc, satisfying, but short.

Bilis made Super Saiyan 3 Goku look like nothing! It was like watching Krillin fight Perfect Cell. poor Goku being humiliated like that, but at least he knows now what its just to be a 1-shotter.

the "Oh well, so be it" reaction is so damn sick hahaha.

I agree it would have been a great finish...but that's because Vegeta is probably my favourite character so I'm a little bias, but goddamn how awesome the heroic sacrifice thing would have been.

The two things that kind of make it not practical is that Buu was the biggest of the bads so it doesn't really make sense to have anyone other than goku knock him off, for the sake of pleasing fans and maintaining status quo.

also Toriyama really does not like vegeta, which is the reason why most of his sick ass sacrifices usually end up being mostly pointless :<

Vegeta should have finished off Buu honestly. I mean Goku, Gohan, and even Trunks all got to beat the main villain, while Vegeta was forever stuck as a jobber.

Then again, he was kind of crucial in Buu's defeat; without him, Goku would have never thought of the Spirit Bomb or to use everybody on earth to do so. Hell, and when that didn't work he's the one who gave the wish to have Goku's power back to normal. So yeah, Vegeta still played a part even if he couldn't touch the bad guys.

Vegeta should have finished off Buu honestly. I mean Goku, Gohan, and even Trunks all got to beat the main villain, while Vegeta was forever stuck as a jobber.

Then again, he was kind of crucial in Buu's defeat; without him, Goku would have never thought of the Spirit Bomb or to use everybody on earth to do so. Hell, and when that didn't work he's the one who gave the wish to have Goku's power back to normal. So yeah, Vegeta still played a part even if he couldn't touch the bad guys.

Vegeta's idea to use the Spirit Bomb was pretty stupid if you ask me.  They could've just wished back Gohan and had him stomp Buu into a bloody pulp, hell I think Goku actually wanted to do that.  

But Vegeta said no.

They could've gotten away with the Buu saga ending at Vegeta's sacrifice really.  Then have a short epilogue in the Other World.  I bet King Yemma would let Vegeta have his body back if Goku asked (at least, for a short while) and then they could continue their fight from where it left off before Buu came into the picture.  It'd probably end as the battle starts with a few punches and kicks, and ultimately let the reader decide who's the victor in the end because of how evenly matched they were back on Earth (and SSJ3 wouldn't even have to exist).

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

SSJ3 really wouldn't need to exist, considering how totally fucking stupid, pointless, and inconsequential it was.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vegeta's idea to use the Spirit Bomb was pretty stupid if you ask me.  They could've just wished back Gohan and had him stomp Buu into a bloody pulp, hell I think Goku actually wanted to do that.  

But Vegeta said no.

They could've gotten away with the Buu saga ending at Vegeta's sacrifice really.  Then have a short epilogue in the Other World.  I'd bet King Yemma would let Vegeta have his body back if Goku asked and then they could continue their fight from where it left off before Buu came into the picture.  It'd probably end as the battle starts with a few punches and kicks, and ultimately let the reader decide who's the victor in the end because of how evenly matched they were back on Earth (and SSJ3 wouldn't even have to exist).

But then we wouldn't have gotten Ultimate Gohan...oh wait, he was pointless too.........fuck this saga.

• Thumbs Up 2

We probably wouldn't have gotten fusion! Oh wait, that was pointless too!

WHAT A GREAT SAGA EVERYONE!

SSJ3 really wouldn't need to exist, considering how totally fucking stupid, pointless, and inconsequential goes.

Perhaps it would've been better to say that SSJ3 wouldn't even get the chance to exist if it ended with Vegeta's sacrifice.

The only downside here is that we would miss out on Faulconer's SSJ3 theme, which would be a travesty... and maybe some Hercule.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Power of everyone combined > power of a single person, both practically and thematically.

Vegeta opting for the Spirit Bomb was a great, because it proved that no matter how strong one person can be, sometimes it just isn't enough. In which case, everyone will need to work together.

For VEGETA to think of that was just icing on the cake.

It still doesn't change the fact that Gohan was more than enough to kill Buu at that point. I understand what they were going for, but that's a really big oversight. Hell, even my 8 year old brain caught on that.

Does everyone love how completely useless Super Saiyan 2 is; I mean first form is always going to be iconic, and SSJ3 & SSJ4 are always going to be remembered more fondly, but 2? Nobody gives a fuck about it. Pisses me off because I like Super Saiyan 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

We probably wouldn't have gotten fusion! Oh wait, that was pointless too!

WHAT A GREAT SAGA EVERYONE!

I'm really not digging your implication of Vegito being useless, Sonimang...

Does everyone love how completely useless Super Saiyan 2 is; I mean first form is always going to be iconic, and SSJ3 & SSJ4 are always going to be remembered more fondly, but 2? Nobody gives a fuck about it. Pisses me off because I like Super Saiyan 2.

Some of my fondest memories from DBZ are of SSJ2 Gohan kicking Cell's ass to the curb.

After that... well Goku started off the fight against Kid Buu as SSJ2... I think it was filler, but it was still awesome.

Id still say SSJ2 got more love an respect than SSJ3, at least SSJ2 managed to actually defeat an opponent.

• Thumbs Up 1

It still doesn't change the fact that Gohan was more than enough to kill Buu at that point. I understand what they were going for, but that's a really big oversight. Hell, even my 8 year old brain caught on that.

Gohan might have been able to, but from Vegeta's PoV, it wouldn't accomplish anything long-term. Buu would be destroyed, and everyone would believe Mr. Satan did it or it was all just a dream...which puts them in the crosshairs of another enemy in the future with them being unable to do a thing about it. Using the Spirit Bomb not only kills Buu, but shows the Earthlings that they are capable of defending the Earth just as much as Mr. Satan, and the Z Fighters.

Goku used a similar argument for why he couldn't be the one to defeat Fat Buu when he had the chance, opting instead for the next generation of heroes, Goten and Trunks, to be the heroes instead. Vegeta just extends the argument on a much larger scale.

In a Battle of Gods interview with Toriyama, Akira COMPLETELY forgot that SSJ2 was its own form. He had been away from the series for so long that he had been writing SSJ3 as the true SSJ2. Says a lot on the significance of the form.

....That or he was trolling.

Edited by Joshua

Some of my fondest memories from DBZ are of SSJ2 Gohan kicking Cell's ass to the curb.

After that... well Goku started off the fight against Kid Buu as SSJ2... I think it was filler, but it was still awesome.

It was filler, Goku went straight to SSJ3 is the manga. Which makes it weird when Vegeta fights Buu at the same level a couple episodes later all the more jarring in how he couldn't do shit. Anime wankin on Goku's dick again.

Id still say SSJ2 got more love an respect than SSJ3, at least SSJ2 managed to actually defeat an opponent.

But then it gets uncerimoniously shoved aside, SSJ3 didn't beat an opponent, but it was still a prominent part of the arc it debuted in. Then again, SSJ2 came at the tail end of it's debut arc.

But then it gets uncerimoniously shoved aside, SSJ3 didn't beat an opponent, but it was still a prominent part of the arc it debuted in. Then again, SSJ2 came at the tail end of it's debut arc.

How was SSJ3 all that prominent when it was shafted in favor of Fusion, which was shafted in favor of Mystic Gohan, which was shafted in favor of the Spirit Bomb?

Edited by Soniman

Come on, now. The Buu saga isn't that bad, guys. Some things might have seemed pointless, but it was simply the heroes trying new things. It was simply just a bunch of trial and error, which was interesting to see for a change.

The only downside here is that we would miss out on Faulconer's SSJ3 theme, which would be a travesty... and maybe some Hercule.

Meh... To me, the travesty is that the people that grew up with DBZ on Toonami missed out on Kikuchi's score.

Yeah. Honestly, I think they should have just called Gohan's SSJ2 an ascended SSJ1 or SSJ1.5, or SSJ3 should have just been called SSJ2. Kind of Toriyama's fault for deciding there are three significantly different forms with SSJ2's design not being much different than the first to begin with.