Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

12 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

The manga has dropped.

There are at least 6 eliminations already. The first elimination was one of U10's fighters, but not Lilibeu. 17 got the first KO.

Vegeta eliminated U3's Catopesra and U4's Nink, 18 eliminated U2's Jimizu (and whoever the blobby guy was), while Frieza stepped on one of U10's fighter's hands and sent him down.

Looking like Frieza and Frost might end up cooperating, but Frost seems a bit more surprised. It looks like Frieza is going to corrupt Frost.

So basically, U10 and U2 are down 2 fighters, while U4 and U3 are down 1.

Looks like it's going to be a VERY different Tournament.

The Trio de Dangers are fighting as a unit, so it's entirely possible they'll last until the midway point. Right now they're taking on Universe 3's Megazord robots. It's possible Anilaza may not be a thing in this timeline.

>Katopsla is out already

The manga is horrible.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

It's looking like they're taking full advantage of the anime's hiatus/cancellation to go in a wildly different direction, and I'm loving it.

It honestly feels like Universe 9 will take Universe 3's place as the "how the Hell did they last this long" universe.

...which probably means Basil and Lavender will fuse with Bergamo to turn him into a kaiju, taking Anilaza's place.

It makes sense in hindsight why exactly Jiren has just been taking his time with beating everyone. 

Every scuffle he partook in this tournament, he basically turned it into a condensed version of what he perceives to have experienced in his life: a boost of morale or hope for his opponent, only to completely no sell the assault and leave them dismayed that nothing they have can overcome overwhelming power. Remember, Maji Kayo initiated the fight with Jiren in the hopes of finding a weakness for U3 to exploit, and Jiren actually stepped up to this fight. Ribrianne just booked it when she found herself in his space and Jiren didn't bother. He allowed the Spirit Bomb to be fully completed before he took it. He allowed the Final Flash to be fully charged before he took it, pretended to be harmed, and countered.

Nothing matters to Jiren aside from power. Not ideals, not heart, and especially not trust. If they want to keep getting back up and fight, so be it. Jiren’s just gonna bat them down again in order to make a point that no amount of motivation or drive is going to beat him. Goku and Vegeta are getting mad and vow to beat Jiren somehow? Fine with him, makes it all the more final when he takes it all with nary a wound on him. 

"Pride" Trooper. Please. Obsession is a more apt term; obsession with power, and the rush he gets in flaunting it, and nothing more.

It's going to bite him in the ass in this coming fight now, but then he couldn't really see it coming; Goku had only tapped into UI and he believed himself to be capable of batting it away with just a slight aura boost. "So that is your limit." He couldn't have expected UI to actually have a second level of mastery that we see here. But oh well, that's what he gets for relying only on power and not any emotional support he could have asked for. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Not going to lie, seeing Jiren get gut-punched and feeling proper pain after moments prior acting so smugly was insanely satisfying.

• Fist Bump 1

46 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Not going to lie, seeing Jiren get gut-punched and feeling proper pain after moments prior acting so smugly was insanely satisfying.

Definetly. He kinda deserved it.

(BTW, are you watching Super subbed now?)

Just now, DiamondX the Fighter said:

Definetly. He kinda deserved it.

(BTW, are you watching Super subbed now?)

No, I saw the clip on YouTube.

Oh. Okay then.

I hope that Goku turning Blanc---Instinct Completed is done well. They made the UI trasnformation amazing and I hope we can get an amazing one now as well.

That was probably one of the most satisfying punches in DB.

Literally 18 episodes of Jiren being a shit to everyone and utterly humiliating whoever tries to challenge him. 

All vindicated in one single punch.

• Fist Bump 1

Punch was satisfying, but the climactic gut punch Goku gave to Freeza on Namek will always hold a special place in my heart.

Speaking of Goku and Freeza and special moments.

Stumbled upon this yesterday and holy hell am I in love. Nothing like a glorious up in animation frames and satisfying camera angles to make a scene better.

17 pointed it out last time. Jiren has openings, it's just that they're so short and Jiren's so strong that to take advantage of them, it needs to be a precise, powerful and well focused attack to even harm him.

Which is where UI comes into play, since power, accuracy and speed are the form's main selling points.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Your dogos are  going down haha

The mocking tone really wasn't necessary.

Also, I still think that if U9 goes out like it did in the anime, Toyotaro is a shitty writer. The three major points against anime Universe 9 - the grudge with Universe 7, Quitela's manipulation of Universe 9, and the fact we already saw everything the Trio can do - do not apply here. They have every right to last longer. Certainly longer than 10, which is an obvious joke universe.

Assuming Toyotaro is a decent writer.

And to be honest? The manga seems for the most part to be an improvement on the anime, so I'm optimistic.

• Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

The mocking tone really wasn't necessary.

Also, I still think that if U9 goes out like it did in the anime, Toyotaro is a shitty writer. The three major points against anime Universe 9 - the grudge with Universe 7, Quitela's manipulation of Universe 9, and the fact we already saw everything the Trio can do - do not apply here. They have every right to last longer. Certainly longer than 10, which is an obvious joke universe.

Assuming Toyotaro is a decent writer.

And to be honest? The manga seems for the most part to be an improvement on the anime, so I'm optimistic.

Haha calm down I was only messing with you.  I actually like the brothers as i felt the anime did not give them enough time espically considering it took buu getting serious to down one

• Thumbs Up 1

My apologies, then.

Me personally?

I'm really hoping for an Anilaza switcheroo. :P

U10 and U3 are twin universes, so it's logical they'd both be the first to go. Universe 9 can easily have its wings clipped early on, only for the Trio to pull one last trick towards the end of the Tournament.

And it makes sense, too. If Bergamo's power is to grow giant, it's more rational to use that towards the end when there are fewer opponents.

I mean, food for thought. Katopesla is supposed to be Universe 3's Champion. And he is already out.

Never mind 17 seems to have decided he wants to eliminate Universe 10 singlehandedly.

Anilaza literally was just a callout to whats his name from that Eradicate all saiyans special. i mean he even looks nearly the same except he his milk white and was a horrible write off. Beastly in power  but felt unimportant since jiren and his group literally sat on the side watching a guy about to blow up the entire stage. They could switch them out. For all their ablitlies to simply not have them use them at all in the tournament to any real extent was silly.  The mangas shaping up to change a lot. I just hope the "love verse" is not as big as they were in the anime.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I just hope the "love verse" is not as big as they were in the anime.

So far, all we've seen is Ribrianne glaring at Android 18 for KOing two of her universe's warriors.

Presumably setting up 18's eventual elimination of Ribrianne.

18 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

So far, all we've seen is Ribrianne glaring at Android 18 for KOing two of her universe's warriors.

Presumably setting up 18's eventual elimination of Ribrianne.

Speaking of odd things was it just me or when goku went ui this time how he flashed frieza in his head as a reason to succeed.  I was like wow. Frieza!?? He really free a lot this arc in some ways. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It occurs to me that you really can switch the three robots and the Trio de Dangers' places. And it makes plenty of sense, as in this timeline, we haven't seen the Trio's tricks, nor has Quitela manipulated Universe 9.

Plus, twinning.

If you switch 9 and 3, that means 10 and 3 are the first to go, then 6 and 2 (this clears the board for their twins, 7 and 11), and then 4 and 9.

It's worth recalling 10 and 3 are the only universes to be given no attention in Limit Break x Survivor, indicating both are of joke status. 3 was saved in the anime by merit of 9 already having shown what it could do, but that may not be the case this time around.

10 also lost 2 warriors at the start this time around, whereas in the anime they managed to lose only 1. This seems to hint they will run into trouble fast.

Likewise, 3 has lost Katopesla, their best warrior not counting fusions.

I'm half-expecting next issue to be a wipeout issue where 10 or 3 are knocked out in full, and we fully get the weight of Erasure. Considering 17's aggression towards 10... RIP Gowasu. Never mind odds are other universes will KO 1 or 2 of U10's warriors; 10 and 3 have the humiliating distinction in the anime of being the only minor universes to suffer knockouts from other minor universes (I'm classing 10, 3, 9 and 4 as the minor universes).

Something tells me Krillin will be KOed by Lavender, and this will serve to inform U7 to prepare the poison guard.

5 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Speaking of odd things was it just me or when goku went ui this time how he flashed frieza in his head as a reason to succeed.  I was like wow. Frieza!?? He really free a lot this arc in some ways. 

Frieza's going the Frenemy route this arc. He wants to kill Goku, but he'll happily ensure he's the only one who does it.

Plus, he literally wants to use Goku as a lab monkey to study UI.

It was definitely weirdly inappropriate for Goku to think of Freeza in that moment, but whatever.

As for the manga, it feels way too early to call anything. 10 is likely to be the most underwhelming again though, considering none of them were given particularly striking designs. Their lameness also further explains Zamasu's disdain for mortals.

I don't know if Anilaza would be replaced, though. Being a movie callback doesn't make him any less likely to appear, as the arc's been referencing all kinds of previous material. I kind of doubt that Bergamo will even possess the ability to grow in size in the manga, especially since team attacks are more the wolves' thing. Not that I wouldn't love to see Giant Ribrianne, Giant Bergamo and Anilaza duke it out in a big Kaiju battle though.

There are a lot of things that can be done with many interesting characters that weren't utilised much in the anime (like Maji Kayo, Majora and Damon). U10's the only weak link I can see though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of the manga how fast are chapters coming out  and how long do you think it would be till final 3 our 4 universes are left

Oh right, here's the real wildcard in this.

If I'm not mistaken, they have not revealed any of the universe's ranks except for the top 2 (1 and 12) and Universe 7. 8 and 5 are presumably still in 4th and 3rd place.

This may likely change Universe 9's ranking, particularly since Roh isn't a douchebag in the manga.

17 hours ago, Pawn said:

I don't know if Anilaza would be replaced, though. Being a movie callback doesn't make him any less likely to appear, as the arc's been referencing all kinds of previous material. I kind of doubt that Bergamo will even possess the ability to grow in size in the manga, especially since team attacks are more the wolves' thing. Not that I wouldn't love to see Giant Ribrianne, Giant Bergamo and Anilaza duke it out in a big Kaiju battle though.

There are a lot of things that can be done with many interesting characters that weren't utilised much in the anime (like Maji Kayo, Majora and Damon). U10's the only weak link I can see though.

With how rapid the eliminations are coming, I think they will fodderize most people and basically leave the champions of each universe as the primary focus.

This is where Universe 10 is screwed. Other than Obuni, they have no one interesting or strong. Most universes have at least 3 key players.

The narrative made the doggos bite the dust super early in the anime, but this time around? There's really no reason Universe 10 shouldn't be first to go.

With how they've established lifespan in the anime does not neatly translate into lifespan in the manga, though, I guess we'll have to wait until next issue to see where Universe 3's fortunes go. It is entirely possible the battle between their robots and the Trio will be forgotten.

Consider: Jiren is seen charging towards Majora and Shosa at one point in this story. One panel later, Shosa and Majora are fighting different people. LOL.

16 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Speaking of the manga how fast are chapters coming out  and how long do you think it would be till final 3 our 4 universes are left

Once a month, around the 21st. Leaks tend to drop the 17th/18th.

I highly expect we'll see our first universe Erased next issue, to establish the tension.

And I think it will be 10. Since we already know who Gowasu is, getting rid of his universe first seems the most appropriate. 9 wouldn't have the same impact it did in the anime (we had gotten some development on the Trio de Dangers by that point, and they had a cult following as well as underdog (underwolf?) status).

6 eliminations per issue is likely to remain the standard for a while, given the time between chapters.

3 hours ago, Korke said:

Hopefully Jiren will win and erase U7 so there is no continuation of this pile of garbage.

He can't otherwise this show would clash with the ending of Z and therefore be non-canon. Which is the problem I have with the whole tourney, because even if Jiren wins the fight, U7 will still win somehow.