Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I think given the callbacks to the Namek saga, Frieza will get the wish, but be unable to make it due to not knowing the relevant language.

Besides, Goku already promised to revive him with Earth's Dragon Balls. ;)

Goku will presumably proceed to revive all the Erased universes (Whis no doubt being willing to help translate for him over Frieza, or more likely being ordered by Beerus to, given Beerus' newfound respect for mortals), who now have incentive to better themselves going forward and produce much stronger warriors. I could see this being a cliffhanger if they bring back the original 6.

...or Hell, maybe they'll give us a legit "Frieza becomes Zen-Oh" ending and it turns out the next film is about him ruling the multiverse and is called "Reign of F." And it will turn out the "history of the Saiyans!" thing has just been an elaborate troll to distract us, the latest trailer suddenly cutting to Frieza vaporizing them all as the real plot is revealed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course, in that case, Beerus could always just casually Destroy him, knowing damned well Frieza cannot be allowed to become Omni-King.

Killed mid-wish would funnily enough also be a Namek callback.

That would be. Frieza while still short tempered seems much smarter than his z days. I'd honestly hope he lives

Some more movie news, including a release date and an image has released:

DYHrk3OVAAEIWCa.jpg

Some comments from Toriyama, translated by Kanzenshuu:

The Dragon Ball Super movie this time will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV. It will be an episode after catching our breath from the climax of the Tournament of Power with the universe’s existence on the line; with content that will give a little better understanding about Freeza and the Saiyans, which I hadn’t properly depicted up till now; and leading to a mighty foe saved for the occasion, which I think has it shaping up to be a really enjoyable story.

As with 2013’s Battle of Gods and the last outing Resurrection ‘F’, I’ve written the story myself, and I’ve had the privilege of drawing lots of design illustrations as well. The fact is, while I’m just as busy as ever, as long as I’m not doing a serial, I have plenty of free time to think about the animated version, which I was completely hands-off about before. (laughs) So please look forward to it!

Now then, the animated version on TV will be ending for the time being, but the very popular Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotaro (on sale now up through volume 5!) will keep on going as-is. I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie, so please look forward to that as well. I will be, too!

• Thumbs Up 4

It will be interesting to see more on why Frieza seems to hate the saiyans most of all besides just them being strong

Maybe this is to serve as a grand finale of sorts to wrap up Super and bring things to a close. Looks like things are about to get interesting.

The movie news is intriguing. Based on Toriyama's comments regarding the manga's continuation, that would seem to indicate this is indeed a hiatus, and this film is just going to bridge the gap between the Tournament of Power and the next arc.

This also seems to increase Frieza's survival odds in the show. And the possibility of his casting the wish after all.

Also the fact Toriyama said the manga's plot may diverge from the TV show is giving me the biggest grin. Who needs Anilaza when you have BERLAVIL?!

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

Good news.

The character designer is NOT YAMAMURO!

Yeah and apparently one of One Piece's best animators is spearheading the film, which explains why Goku's eye sin the promo image are so spread apart like Luffy's

3 hours ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

The movie news is intriguing. Based on Toriyama's comments regarding the manga's continuation, that would seem to indicate this is indeed a hiatus, and this film is just going to bridge the gap between the Tournament of Power and the next arc.

This also seems to increase Frieza's survival odds in the show. And the possibility of his casting the wish after all.

Also the fact Toriyama said the manga's plot may diverge from the TV show is giving me the biggest grin. Who needs Anilaza when you have BERLAVIL?!

Anilaza or riot.

More spoilers for 130 and 131. The fight with Jiren will last into 131 after all.

Either the original spoilers are fake, or somehow Goku will get back in the ring. We've had near-misses before, after all.

They're really cramming the time they have to create an epilogue, to say the least.

It says ''Goku and the others from Universe 7'', so it doesn't really mean Goku's getting back, it's just a weird wording for ''Will Goku and the Gang figure something out or will they die?''

• Thumbs Up 1

It also says "30 seconds remain" and it's "time to settle things."

This indicates there's still another warrior in the ring, which could be Goku or Frieza.

Most likely it will be everyone looking worried and the clown floating for 20 seconds before frieza pops up as jiren let's down his guard and fully blast him off

New spoilers. Basically restates the first set, but yeah, looks like Goku will fall off at the start of 131/end of 130, and then Frieza will pop up and KO Jiren.

Sounds like it won't be a surprise Death Beam, however, and Frieza will actually come up with some plan.

Or maybe it will tie? That's always a possibility. And something Zen-Oh probably didn't plan for.

This ending will be rushed as shit and leave us hungry for more, I will bet.

Or maybe this is a fake preview, like what was done with the Future Trunks saga as I recall correctly?

Tomorrow's episode will tell all.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/14/2018 at 11:41 AM, Ratcicle King said:

It says ''Goku and the others from Universe 7'', so it doesn't really mean Goku's getting back, it's just a weird wording for ''Will Goku and the Gang figure something out or will they die?''

Then again...

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Are... Are Tien and Krillin ALREADY OUT?

Yep. Krillin is clearly seen on the bench. The last page only shows 8 warriors left. You can also make out on the bleachers slightly there's Beerus, Whis, the two Kaioshin, and the last 2 surely have to be Krillin and Tenshinhan.

And yes...that really freaking sucks a lot of ass.

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Yep. Krillin is clearly seen on the bench. The last page only shows 8 warriors left. You can also make out on the bleachers slightly there's Beerus, Whis, the two Kaioshin, and the last 2 surely have to be Krillin and Tenshinhan.

And yes...that really freaking sucks a lot of ass.

It's not surprising, though. We know that Toriyama decided how each U7 member would go out, so I wouldn't expect a significant change in the order or timing. With U9 the first to go, it looks like he did the same for the other universes as a whole, too.

Oh and in case anyone's still worried that a continuation of the anime may not happen: