Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

1 minute ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Oh I don't think he's a complete hero either. I always saw him as someone who wants to be good, but he lives in a Hell that has taught him that's a good way to get yourself killed. He's strong, but not strong enough to take on the greater order. Similar to how the English dub made it out that Vegeta had the capacity to be good, it's just he lived in a culture that would have seen him rubbed out for doing so. Only after he was out of Frieza's grasp was it possible for him to become a heroic character.

I still think Bergamo legitimately would prefer not seeing any universes Erased though. That he conveniently whipped it out then and there doesn't indicate it's not genuine. Since you cannot guarantee other universes would wish everyone back, it would be logical to be underhanded in trying to win, even if you have good goals.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE THE TRIO TOO! They are great. They are the best of minor characters. I just like them for who they are, not what I want them to be. I'd love for them to come back. They are a fun bunch of characters. I hope they are wished back.

I agree with the latter. I just see Bergamo as a survivor. He'll do what it takes to survive, and that's why I like him. I mean he is my favourite of the three, has the most interesting powers, personality, etc. He's morally grey while leaning more probably on the good side. He had no problem with letting Lavendar kill when Lavendar asked him. So I don't see him as heroic or really deep down a good guy. Just a realist. I want the wolfy pup trio back to, they are a million times better than Jiren.

8 minutes ago, Pawn said:

I don't blame him for dropping the facade when Vados exposed him. Who would believe him over her?

Oh right I forgot that part, lol. This is what I get for only sporadically watching the pre-Tournament episodes.

8 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

They are the best of minor characters. I just like them for who they are, not what I want them to be. I'd love for them to come back. They are a fun bunch of characters. I hope they are wished back.

I mean, if they're wished back and we see them again in a future arc, there's a possibility there will be character development, though.

Especially if the "all universes get merged" theory proves true.

Though at this point it's equally possible Zen-Oh will stop worrying about "too many universes" if he's convinced there's fun to be had with more teams.

8 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

I mean he is my favourite of the three, has the most interesting powers, personality, etc. He's morally grey while leaning more probably on the good side. He had no problem with letting Lavendar kill when Lavendar asked him. So I don't see him as heroic or really deep down a good guy. Just a realist.

It can be inferred they're used to killing their enemies, which is exactly why Universe 9 is so weak: the Dangers' Triangle was used to overwhelm them all, and the Trio killed them for good measure. This is what really separates Universes 7 and 9: the treatment of defeated enemies.

So that probably explains why he was okay with letting Lavender kill Gohan. Never mind in a delicate situation like Universe 9's, he's probably not wanting to sour relations with Lavender on the basis of ethics.

7 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

I'm so much happier this isn't a film that takes place in the past like I feared it would be.

Hell, I'm glad that it's called the Super film because it means they probably have more arcs planned after this year.

I don't blame them for taking a break from the show. The current arc has just dragged on to the point of ridiculousness and so it's probably good to give fans time to regain their appetite.

Earth has goku makes me assume all universes are fair game. I just wonder how frieza ties into it all

Makes me wonder if Goku's wish will trigger the revival of Universes 13 through 18 by accident, and it will turn out that there was someone who was really bad news in one of those, which is what really prompted their Erasure.

It would create a theme that permanently Erased universes were only done so for the good of the multiverse/reality as a whole, as happened with Trunks' timeline.

I don't think xeno thinks that deep. He erased trunks universe because he didnt like a gloomy world and goku pointed zamdid it

8 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I don't think xeno thinks that deep. He erased trunks universe because he didnt like a gloomy world and goku pointed zamdid it

It does highlight why the main cast haven't tried to reverse it, though.

1 hour ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

I'm so much happier this isn't a film that takes place in the past like I feared it would be.

Hell, I'm glad that it's called the Super film because it means they probably have more arcs planned after this year.

I don't blame them for taking a break from the show. The current arc has just dragged on to the point of ridiculousness and so it's probably good to give fans time to regain their appetite.

The break is more than likely due to the messy production schedule everyone has been working under. Time constraints have left us with plenty of poorly animated and paced episodes, even if things have improved recently. A movie would only make things worse, as they would lose their top animators. Hopefully this will give them time to actually prepare rather than rush into things like they did after the last movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

The movie's artstyle looks so good. =O I hope whenever Super or whatever replaces it returns it looks more like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The movie's artstyle looks so good. =O I hope whenever Super or whatever replaces it returns it looks more like this.

The team behind the movie is completely different from the anime.

I wouldn't expect it honestly.

New team or not, the new art style would greatly  help improve Super’s animation if returns due to being user friendly.

Ajay explained it better than I could.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

The break is more than likely due to the messy production schedule everyone has been working under. Time constraints have left us with plenty of poorly animated and paced episodes, even if things have improved recently. A movie would only make things worse, as they would lose their top animators. Hopefully this will give them time to actually prepare rather than rush into things like they did after the last movie.

...with the added benefit that by letting a dragged out arc mostly fade from memory, we'll be more than eager for a continuation, however. :P

A new style would be nice but like ALL anime movie properties your probably t not going to see a large change just like how the one piece films are night and day animation wise

Another video from AnimeAjay that touches on a few more details about the movie and its animation. Work on the new style began as far back as February last year, so it's not impossible for it to influence a new series when you consider what a big deal this new approach is to Toei. Apparently the Japanese fanbase is the most divided over the visuals.

And in case anyone was actually worried; Vegeta is in the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Apparently the Omni-Kings fully expected the winner of the tournament to revive the fallen universes. Had someone made a selfish wish instead, they would have erased absolutely everything on the spot.

So the tournament was essentially a gambit to get the other universes to fight at their best, and understand the personalities and plights of the other universes.

That would mean Freeza would have doomed everyone had he won. Oi.

But, Freeza being revived after all sets up for movies and a new series with him in an anti-villain role. You can't ever do away with Lord Freeza.

• Thumbs Up 4

That was fucking amazing.

I hereby take back every mean thing I said about the writing. The fact this was all a huge test of character, that Zen-Oh's not a hopeless manchild after all and is actually a benevolent God who wants mortals to look after each other... I did not see that coming.

• Thumbs Up 4

Guys, the thread title says UNTAGGED SPOILERS. You really don't need to use those. XD

Anyway, that ending was hype as hell. Goku and Frieza taking down Jiren together with 17 as backup, him winning it all and wishing all of the universes back and Zeno actually planning and foreseeing things this way from the start.

Yeah, everything about this episode was great for me. I loved this ending and I'm gonna miss Super until the movie. <3