Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

In the end 17 was the MVP. He effin deserved it.

Also he got his cruise in the end :D

Also, that reference of the Saiyan saga at the end was nice

• Thumbs Up 3

Dr. Gero's modifications to Android 17 were so proficient that it spurred Bulma to break the fabric of time with the creation of the time machine, just so the world can have a future without the Android threat. Said time travel is Zamasu's excuse for why he hounds Future Trunks, deigning it as mortals acting as mortals would and committing selfish acts that defy the rules of the gods.

Present 17 wins this tournament, and gets the one means to obtain any selfish thing he wanted with no strings attached, but defies the chance for any of that, including his cruise ship, and selflessly brings back the destroyed universes, which effectively beats Zamasu's philosophy about selfish mortals to death.

That is some fantastic irony.

• Thumbs Up 4

Goku can't willing transform into UI and SSBKaioken x20 has drawbacks, meanwhile Vegeta can access his new form at will...Super just ended with Vegeta being stronger than Goku.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

We don't really know if Geets can turn into the new form at will. All times he accessed it, his family and friends were at risk, not unlike Goku's UI. He doesn't have the trigger for it.

1 hour ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Guys, the thread title says UNTAGGED SPOILERS. You really don't need to use those. XD

I think we're mostly doing it as a courtesy because of the real sudden change in narrative. They just upended a huge part of Super's canon.

21 minutes ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

So Whis can just revive people now or what?

Since the Omni-King can bestow the power to destroy anything upon an individual, it only seems natural he could endow others - i.e. Angels - with the power to restore.

Presumably it's meant to supplement the temporal do over in the event more than 3 minutes has passed.

Actually, there's an idea. While the Angels are primarily seen with the Gods of Destruction, they can serve the Kais from time to time. Just as they step in to prevent excessive destruction, theoretically they might step in in the event the Kai isn't doing their job right either.

That reinforces the antagonism between Roh and Mojito, if so. Mojito could help his Kai do better, but why do that?

It also seems consistent with the incredible ability of the Grand Priest to restore something that is severely damaged with no effort at all. While he's far more powerful than his children, it seems restorative magic would be a natural talent for most Angels.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

That reinforces the antagonism between Roh and Mojito, if so.

Speaking of which, I bet Mojito has mixed feelings about all this lol.

But wow, they actually pulled off a satisfying ending in such little time. I'm happy that the Zenos intended for this to be a test, as I didn't expect that. The wish also makes me wonder if those 6 universes erased long ago are back...

Anyway, the only nitpick I have is that we didn't get to see 17's family. It's almost like they're being deliberately hidden, but I would guess Toriyama's just not designed them.

• Thumbs Up 2

soooo..i guess the ending confirms that super is continueing after a break? or where they only referring to the movie? anyway, great ending.

1 hour ago, FReaK said:

soooo..i guess the ending confirms that super is continueing after a break? or where they only referring to the movie? anyway, great ending.

It's making way too much money not to continue.

• Fist Bump 1

So basically, Bergamo imploring for the Zen'Os to spare the universes after the tournament wasn't necessary. That was already the endgame.

Alternatively, you can believe that Bergamo's plea, and Zen'Os' reaction to it, spurred Goku to consider that that was actually an option in the end with no recompense, thus making Bergamo the secret savior all along. :V

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, FReaK said:

Super ends.

If DB comes back in April 2019 as people are speculating it will be a new series.

The last episode was good. Nice to see 17 be the winner. I wish they'd had shown his family. Not so nice to see Frieza still round. Everybody acting so shocked at 17's wish was funny, considering how obvious it was from the moment we found out about the destruction of the universes. 18 being all, "Oh no, what about your boat" was just dumb lol. Pan kicking Vegeta in the face was satisfying. I wish they'd jumped a bit into the future to right before the DBZ epilogue. I don't want the next series to still take place before it. >_> 

TNbyhHD.jpglol

Dragon Ball confirmed to take place in the US?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 5
  • My Emmerdoods 1

5 hours ago, Pawn said:

Speaking of which, I bet Mojito has mixed feelings about all this lol.

Oh, no doubt he's not too happy with this arrangement. :P

Seems fitting, given most of Team Universe 9 is gloomy about being revived.

Like, Roh and Sidra's reaction is just heartbreaking considering how Roh plead for his life. I think he realizes now what a sucky life it is.

But hey, maybe this will inspire them both to change how they do things, just like Beerus has become more respectful towards mortals as of this arc. That's the real goal here.

5 hours ago, Pawn said:

I'm happy that the Zenos intended for this to be a test, as I didn't expect that.

Yeah, that was legitimately one of the best parts of the episode. "Zen-Oh is an irresponsible child" has been a core theme established in every arc that isn't a movie adaption, and they just revealed that's not true at all, he just likes to keep the gods on their toes.

5 hours ago, Pawn said:

The wish also makes me wonder if those 6 universes erased long ago are back...

Quite possibly. They just said "erased universes" and not "during the Tournament," though it comes down to how literal Super Shenron would take it.

There's also the question of if he legitimately Erased them because of being in a bad mood... or because something much worse happened. We are told the bad mood story from Whis (whereas in the manga, Grand Priest mentions Zen-Oh having Erased universes in the past, but does not give a motive), and considering the Angels conspire with the higher order... it's possible there's more to the story. Considering Zen-Oh's Erasure of Trunks' future looks less like "I'm annoyed" and more like "this multiverse is ruined and there's no hope for it to rebuild, so I'm going to put it down" there's room to believe something nasty was going on in the Erased 6.

2 hours ago, -Robin- said:

So basically, Bergamo imploring for the Zen'Os to spare the universes after the tournament wasn't necessary. That was already the endgame.

Alternatively, you can believe that Bergamo's plea, and Zen'Os' reaction to it, spurred Goku to consider that that was actually an option in the end with no recompense, thus making Bergamo the secret savior all along. :V

Sounds like both are viable options.

In actuality, Bergamo was sort of doing what Zen-Oh wanted all along: being willing to look out for the other universes. He was confident he could defeat Goku, which indicates it possibly was legitimately altruistic rather than "my back is against the wall so I may as well try." This is Zen-Oh's whole motive: seeing mortals and gods give a shit about things for a change.

Goku and Frieza teaming up was executed extremely well and gave me chills. I'm quite relieved to see 'ole Freezer is still pretty much himself after the arc, too. I was worried for the longest time that they would pull some bull**** and redeem him. Thank God.

Loved the callback to the Saiyan Saga at the end, but I still feel as if the show should've ended with a final fight between Beerus and Goku. That's how Super started, after all...

12 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

Reviving Frieza was a bad idea.

Also, Cell gets the short end of the villain stick.

Zamasu has it the worst.

At least Cell still exists.

Honestly, the best thing they could do is bring about a new series after the movie that takes place on the other side of Z's epilogue. That way, they can do what they want to without having to worry about defying Z's canon. They could call it Dragon Ball GT-oh wait.

• Chuckle 2

Something tells me we'll all appreciate this. The fun starts at 13 seconds.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1
  • Absolutely 1

Goku fading in and out of Super Saiyan at the final moments genuinely shook me. It feels magnificently and perfectly appropriate that the universe's survival was won, not by Ultra Instinct, not by Goku's and Freeza's best forms acquired in Super, but by their most iconic forms in Dragonball, and the forms that led to Beerus coming into contact with Goku in the first place and effectively starting the Super series.

r0Yw5BL.png

• Thumbs Up 5

It helps that Goku's clothes were ripped to the point where they're almost exactly like how he was at the end of Namek.

That's why it's such good symbolism, they showed Jiren a thing about trust. These two hate eachother, they're mortal enemies and in any other situation, they'd be trying to beat eachother down. But here they are, fighting in perfect synch for one goal they share.

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

Oh my god my sides

DZPdne8XkAY2db5?format=jpg

You know, I think that it's Jiren's face that makes that meme.

• Thumbs Up 1