Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

Oh my god my sides

DZPdne8XkAY2db5?format=jpg

Blew up King Vegeta, blew up planet Vegeta:

And now he blew up the mind of Vegeta. 

How many more ways can Frieza blow Vegeta?

... Don't answer that.

Also, this is now pretty much canon:

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

On 3/25/2018 at 3:17 PM, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Something tells me we'll all appreciate this. The fun starts at 13 seconds.

I knew what was gonna happen the second Goku raised his fist, but allow me to offer one better for you.

It's downright terrifying how well this fits. lmao

• Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Rethinking on the ending... in any future story, I don't think Frieza will try another attack on Earth. I don't think he's quite ready to try "third time's the charm." He knows of the cosmic hierarchy now... and the possibility to play the gods off each other.

I can't help but ponder him forging some alliance with Frost and Quitela to try and get rid of Beerus (and likely Champa by extension). Quitela might be dumb enough to clue them in as to the weakness of the Gods of Destruction and quite possibly cause his own death.

Of course, I can see that alliance unraveling because no doubt all three of them will try to betray each other. Frost will want payback, and Quitela no doubt would know Frieza would try to get rid of him at the first opportunity. Frieza might very well anticipate that by both and work to backstab them first. This would very quickly turn into a clusterfuck.

I was positive we might see Quitela and Frost remain Erased for their attempts at cheating, but the fact both have been revived leaves open the door for some interesting possibilities.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see them tossing out his development this arc to try a power grab for the gods again. It was the same thing people tried to say he was going to do this arc.

Freeza's more dangerous than ever at this point. He's finally learned not to let his lust for revenge consume him (well, sometimes anyway), so I don't expect him to gun straight for Earth again (not to mention that this would be boring and played out from a storytelling standpoint). Not only that, but he knows more about his opponents than ever. Goku's naivete is ever present; Vegeta is extremely passionate about his family and the U6 Saiyans; and teaming up with Gohan and 17 has shown that they may pose more of a danger to him than the strength of Super Saiyan Blue.

The Pride Troopers, Kale and the other Saiyans, Hit, Dr Paparoni - he knows the faces and abilities of some of the most dangerous beings in existence if he were to ever brush up against other universes. Beerus and the other gods have also shown weakness in their positions under Zeno and everyone involved now knows how the godly hierarchy works. If he can curb his vengeful desires for five minutes, maybe he can come up with a plan to gain more influence in the multiverse.

Then again, his delayed elimination of Jiren suggests that cruelty and arrogance will trip him up along the way. The difference is that he may be smart enough to flee when he has the chance.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, I wish Frieza would've gone back to Hell. I don't want him to go back to being an arc villain and I definitely don't want him to continue being an ally.

Jury's out on his role in the movie, but Freeza still has the biggest checklist towards being a God of Destruction. Morally detached, no hesitation toward destruction, and surprisingly true to his word when the chips are down. That translates well towards being a deity tasked with destroying things in a way that earns him a feared yet respected reputation. That could be the angle they're going for with him, where it's his literal god-given mandate to destroy, yet will always be at the mercy of his Angel if he gets out of hand.

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

Jury's out on his role in the movie, but Freeza still has the biggest checklist towards being a God of Destruction. Morally detached, no hesitation toward destruction, and surprisingly true to his word when the chips are down. That translates well towards being a deity tasked with destroying things in a way that earns him a feared yet respected reputation. That could be the angle they're going for with him, where it's his literal god-given mandate to destroy, yet will always be at the mercy of his Angel if he gets out of hand.

I can't see him ever being neutral enough to inherit that role, though. He enjoys being an evil bastard way too much and his lust for power means he will always be looking to betray those above him. He's exactly the kind of being that needs erasing more than anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not to mention that also when the chips are down - Frieza's a dirty coward and will do anything to save his own skin. He'll kill, betray, and do anything as long as his precious ego remains in tact. Beerus might act like a child at times and have an ego the size of the moon, but he's also relatively fair in his judgements. He'll destroy planets over childish things before meeting Goku/Vegeta but it's also arguable that he did actually do his job at times - I.E - Giving the task of destroying the Saiyans to Frieza because they were legitimately too dangerous to keep around and posed a threat to other planets.

Beerus is also true to his word, despite how much of a child he is. He'll find loopholes if someone legitimately changes his mind (He said he'd destroy the Earth - proceeds to destroy one tiny portion of it). Frieza when the chips are down will not hold his word if he finds himself in trouble. When Goku destroys him on Namek and Frieza is begging for his life so he can leave the planet and also begs for forgiveness - what does Frieza instantly do? Backstab Goku and attempt to shoot him as he flies away. 

In Resurrection F, he does nothing but boast and scream about how powered up he is and how he's going to make Goku suffer, and when he gets his ass kicked again and Goku offers him the chance to get away, heal up, train and come back, he still has Sorbet do his own dirty work for him and take Goku down with a shot to the back. 

Frieza keeping his word doesn't mean much this one time when his own life was on the line - of course he was going to keep it this time, because not only did he know for a fact Goku would revive him and keep his word, but if he didn't, Jiren would've won and got Universe 7 entirely erased, Frieza wasn't taking that chance. Even in the same saga, he made plans with Frost to backstab his own team only to go back on it and eliminate Frost when he outlived his usefulness. 

Frieza couldn't be trusted with that position of power. He's a dirty coward who fights dirty and backstabs anyone and anything the second things begin to go south for him. Beerus was already considered a feared deity for his petty reasons of destroying planets. How do you think someone as absolutely evil and malicious as Frieza would act? 

• Thumbs Up 1

People really think way to simplistic of frieza and most just seem not to like him. In what way is frieza a coward. Never has he ran from a fight. He has a ego yes but coward far from it. he fights however and whichever way it takes to win. Just v ause he will blast you with your back turned does not make one a coward.

6 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I don't see them tossing out his development this arc to try a power grab for the gods again. It was the same thing people tried to say he was going to do this arc.

"Development?"

He's still an evil, power hungry bastard as always. Now with more knowledge of the cosmos and knowing he could always use other universes to his advantage.

Going for a power grab would be the most likely next thing to do. What else is there? He can't attack Earth again, never mind he's done that before. And if he remains as an antagonistic force, there's now the possibility Beerus could step in (Beerus looks to have developed more of an appreciation for mortals that will at the very least make him less callous with destruction).

Playing multiversal politics seems the obvious next step. Especially considering Universe 7's barely better than Universe 9 at this point with how laid to waste it is.

4 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Wouldn't it be a thing if he ended up replacing Quitela or Sidra? Both of them look like prime candidates for replacement: Quitela for attempting to cheat, and Sidra for being downright incapable of doing his job. Honestly, his replacing Sidra is the most hilarious because of all the things we know: Sidra being incompetent and Roh outright saying Frieza's more of a God of Destruction than Sidra is.

It's a fun time when you could argue that a place like Universe 9 would probably see improvement if Frieza was its God of Destruction. Going by the function of Frieza's organization, Frieza's a businessman as much as a powerhungry maniac: he would know what planets are worth keeping and which ones should be eliminated.

Granted, pretty much all the development we had with Universe 9 and 4 was tossed out in the manga so unless they bring that back in the manga in some form...

Yes development. O mean for goodness sake their is a pic on this very page of when fans went wild of seeing goku fight side by side and while he is evil the amount of trust between both was amazing. Not just animation but a db story perspective. Many just think way to simplistic of frieza. The fact he stated I intend to stop be evil with goku smerking  well stop you with frieza saying well see both he wants to be evil bit wil Prob ably not test goku anytime soon

Looking back on it, it's actually kind of clever how the wish process was set up. While it was mentioned the winning universe would get the Super Dragon Balls (which would presumably result in fun times if there was more than one fighter left standing), there seemed to be a strong possibility that the wish would just be made by that fighter in conjunction with their team and presumably with their universe's Angel translating.

But no, instead, Zen-Oh and the Grand Priest summon the Dragon themselves and ask the fighter directly, as well as translate for them, negating any ability of the fighter's gods or Angel to intimidate them or alter it, respectively.

Zen-Oh really wanted to make sure that this wish was decided by the mortals themselves, free from outside influence. It ensures it is a pure test and the wish is not made under duress from more powerful beings.

Never expected this to get a release outside of Japan o.O Cool, though. I really enjoyed it.

• Thumbs Up 2

In recognition of 17's effort during the ToP, the Dragon Ball Official Site will now be reborn as the Android 17 Official Site

DZoW36kVQAAQqEq?format=jpg

BTW, it's April 1st in Japan already

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Tournament of Power booster set is coming to the Super card game.

What's best of all this? Only Universe 6, 7, 2, 11 and 9 are represented. 10, 3, and 4 just aren't there.

Ahahahaha, I'm gloating so loudly right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Tournament of Power booster set is coming to the Super card game.

What's best of all this? Only Universe 6, 7, 2, 11 and 9 are represented. 10, 3, and 4 just aren't there.

Ahahahaha, I'm gloating so loudly right now.

Expect Anilaza soon. He seemed like a pretty impotant boss in the tournament.

Meanwhile, something peculiar...

fbdBaZj.jpg

For some reason, despite the term "Trio de Dangers" being used everywhere, Bergamo's card has "Brothers of Terror."

This is possibly some sort of translation error, though maybe it's what they'll be called in the English dub?

Since Episode 98 was spent mostly roasting Universe 9's naming patterns, going with "Brothers of Terror" would make sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

The "Beerus is a fucking badass" moment has arrived at last.

Hakai was left untranslated in the dub, presumably because "Destroy" or "Destruction" would get a little confusing with usage.

On 4/15/2018 at 5:43 AM, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

The "Beerus is a fucking badass" moment has arrived at last.

Hakai was left untranslated in the dub, presumably because "Destroy" or "Destruction" would get a little confusing with usage.

Nice but sub sounded more aggressive. Like in a annoyed you would even try to attack him in my presence.  the dub sounds more punk  don't get cocky. The scream was funny XD. 

Also I miss seeing new supers on the weekend

5 hours ago, DiamondX said:

The manga this month:

Hit and Goku team up against Jiren, but Hit gets knocked off the stage.

I'd say that changes Universe 6's odds but apparently all the universe eliminations are railroaded so it ruins the suspense.

...I'm still impressed a manga could ruin the suspense further when you already know the ending.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapter/dragon-ball-super-chapter-35/6790?read=1

Super manga is translated and uploaded.

Beyond Goku and Hit teaming up to try and take out Jiren, we've also got Goku fighting Toppo and Dyspo on his own; Dyspo's status as the more inexperienced member shines through as he's royally pissed Goku is holding back against him.

Also the start of the chapter reveals the four "exempt" Gods are in fact present as spectators, they're just in a corner this time around rather than wedged between the various competing universes as in the anime.

• Way Past Cool 1