Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Well, think about this:

It'd be a Broly written by Toriyama himself. Maybe we can get something good out of it

4 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyans said:

DOUBLE WELP

This could be pretty awesome - getting a canon version of Broly that's better written and better integrated into the story itself. I always thought Broly himself was a cool idea, what if one of the crazed barbaric actually achieved the Super Saiyan form and abused it to just go on a total rampage. Broly's potential was wasted because not only was his backstory absolutely dumb, as well as his reasoning for hating Goku being the same kind of dumb.

As someone who didn't get into Dragon Ball for awhile, the Legendary SSJ stuff confused me for awhile. "Is it Broly? Goku? Bardock? He technically was SSJ first in the timeline". Obviously, it's Goku who achieved the legend because the other two are non-canon stuff, but I always thought when I did eventually learn the truth that Broly could've been far better realized. Imagine if he actually was the Legendary Super Saiyan and Goku simply ended up stealing his place in legend, achieving SSJ and beating the shit out of Frieza and his army. That could give Broly a legit reason to actually despise his guts because in the eyes of such a psycho and nutcase, Goku effectively ruled out Broly's place in DB's history and stole the chance to kill Frieza from Broly.

Anyways, if this is true, would absolutely love to see Cooler brought in, especially with Frieza as a main role again.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Broly is getting a reboot, I wonder if they're going to make him Yamoshi's descendant. That would make more sense than earlier speculation that Goku and friends were going to be fighting Yamoshi himself somehow. New!Broly could also be aware of more saiyan history for that reason than Vegeta/Freeza/Beerus know/have revealed.

Spoiler

I just hope Yamcha-Saiyan is a different character than Broly. I don't want his design to be all too different than it is now.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA YEEEEEEEES! I'M GONNA HAVE SOME DELICIOUS FRIES TONIGHT!

No really it's sad how a ton of my enjoyment now will come from salt. Oh well he's entertaining dumb, unlike Jiren for me who was dumb dumb. 

The reactions are AMAZING right now! I don't think there has been this much salt since Gohan got fucked in Resurrection F haha XD

I wonder how TFS is doing right now? They're probably balled up in a corner crying.

7 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

I wonder how TFS is doing right now? They're probably balled up in a corner crying.

They have the tastiest salt of all XD. Kiran is OUT. 

20 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Well MasakoX seems to be taking it in stride.  He did a stream with his thoughts.

I admit I feel somewhat alone in being excited for this. Broly had a lot of dumb crap that wasn't well thought out originally but I think he could be really effectively done well with the proper updates to not make his character so insanely stupid and petty. Having effective a super saiyan that represents literally the worst parts of the original saiyans who were barbaric pricks who just wanted to murder and kill for fun and have that go up against Goku and Vegeta who's entire main deal is having achieved the power in the middle of arcs that changed them from their heritage (Goku had to learn to accept saiyan pride on Namek, Vegeta was mid-arc on being obsessed with overtaking Goku and later achieved higher forms after giving his life for Bulma and Trunks). I just think done well, it could be a good history piece on the older Saiyans and how they differ from the new ones, especially since our view of them is somewhat contradictory and comes from very early in Z's lifespan.

Personally, I have high hopes. At the very least, it won't suck as much as Bio-Broly hopefully.

I've said for years that Broly is the representation of everything wrong with Dragon Ball's portrayal of muscles, power levels, screaming and violence. He has no personality, a ridiculous over-the-top design, and is written with all the finesse of a small dog yipping at the door when cars go by. Toriyama does stupid stuff sometimes, even a lot, but he's not one to write a character the way Broly has been written for all three of his stupid movies. Broly is boring, stupid, and carried completely by his fights and design, which is the opposite of what's good in this series, where characters should have great personalities that complement their fights. Basically anything Toriyama does will be an improvement to the guy, and my main worry is that he won't do enough.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Oh man I can finally use this XD

"Don't complain guys and gals, you don't know if it's good or not yet. You didn't see it yet."

*Then the trailers leak*

"It's just a trailer ya gotta see the whole move first before complaining. It can be good."

*Then the movie leaks.*

"You still haven't seen the movie yet, it could be good in motion or on screen.

*Movie is out everyone has seen it*

"Fans can never be satisfied by anything."

It's the Dragon Ball Cycle oh no XD. Except this time I am on the Broly Hype train toot toot.

I'm cool with Broly coming back. Not so sure on my partner though since he couldn't stand Broly and is going to probably be uber salty about this. And hey if RebootBroly is successful maybe we might other movie characters to come in and be better intergrated? 

4 minutes ago, MightyRay said:

I'm cool with Broly coming back. Not so sure on my partner though since he couldn't stand Broly and is going to probably be uber salty about this. And hey if RebootBroly is successful maybe we might other movie characters to come in and be better intergrated? 

I still think Cooler should absolutely be integrated. Apart from slight time issues, he always felt like the movie villain that could fit the most seamlessly into the normal canon since you could argue that the original Cooler movie is taking place during the three years where Goku and Gohan were training for the Androids' arrival. It doesn't fit perfectly, and there'd be some needed changes (basically where was he between his original movie and Resurrection F) but in general, I feel like he could actually be utilized really well to give Frieza an ally more on his scale but one that is nowhere near afraid to backstab him. It could even be a Spy Vs Spy situation like in Xenoverse 2 where the two of them will work together and have some begrudging honor of avenging the other, but they both want full control of the galaxy and actively scheme and conspire against each other to take the other down a peg.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I still think Cooler should absolutely be integrated. Apart from slight time issues, he always felt like the movie villain that could fit the most seamlessly into the normal canon since you could argue that the original Cooler movie is taking place during the three years where Goku and Gohan were training for the Androids' arrival. It doesn't fit perfectly, and there'd be some needed changes (basically where was he between his original movie and Resurrection F) but in general, I feel like he could actually be utilized really well to give Frieza an ally more on his scale but one that is nowhere near afraid to backstab him. It could even be a Spy Vs Spy situation like in Xenoverse 2 where the two of them will work together and have some begrudging honor of avenging the other, but they both want full control of the galaxy and actively scheme and conspire against each other to take the other down a peg.  

Totally agree with Cooler becoming Toriyama canon, I also wouldn't mind seeing Janemba (Sword version) and Pikkon (Even though he wasn't a movie character so to speak.) pop up but that all depends on how well RebootBroly does.

I just hope the next movie has something to do with another race of creatures of something... Sayian fatigue is really setting in. 

Woulda said yes to Cooler once, but I now pass. No more Freeza's. Freeza is enough. Just the one. Maybe Super Dragon Ball Heroes will convince me otherwise.

I think we should still separate filler from canon.

Broly is understanfable because he is popular. But I wish the line between the 2 stops there.

You know, as long as we're adapting old Toei concepts back into some animated version of the manga continuity can we bring back Hell as it was originally portrayed in Z and drop the bullshit from Resurrection 'F' and Super? Please?

• Thumbs Up 1