Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Id still say SSJ2 got more love an respect than SSJ3, at least SSJ2 managed to actually defeat an opponent.

If you ask me, Goku could have finished off Fat but as SSJ3 early on. But like the dumbass he his, he didn't. Heck I'm sure he even said he could. But yeah, Goku is dumb as fuck sometimes. As was Vegeta when he fought Cell stage 2. 

And fusion (gotenks and Vegito) were useless if you ask me. Gotenks got absorbed and Vegito didn't even finish off buu. The only...AND I MEAN ONLY USEFUL FUSION TO EVER EXIST WAS Gogeta from the Janemba movie. Along with the random Piccolo fusions. And even if Mystic Gohan is the strongest, he still lost to Super Buu. The buu that was not even the strongest of the 3. 

Going back to the movie, I think by the time Bills shows up, SSJ3 Goku will be on par with Mystic Gohan. Seems logical if you ask me since Gohan stops training and goes back to focusing on Videl and school and his dumb super hero gag.

EDIT: Non sayian or villain eh? How about Krillin. Wingman, Best friend, bro for life. He is the definition of a real friend and bro. Next to him was Tien, Sure he was not that great but come on. Tri-beam in the video games was were it was at. By far my favorite movie. And then we have Perfect Cell. Like someone above me said, trolling at a power level beyond 9000. I mean who actually invites the enemy to a tournament that will decide the fate of the world and end up beating on all but one of them? Not Frieza. Nor the Ginyu force. (actually the ginyu force was awesome) nor Buu.

Edited by Eternal Xtreme

If you ask me, Goku could have finished off Fat but as SSJ3 early on. But like the dumbass he his, he didn't. Heck I'm sure he even said he could. But yeah, Goku is dumb as fuck sometimes. As was Vegeta when he fought Cell stage 2. 

Goku used a similar argument for why he couldn't be the one to defeat Fat Buu when he had the chance, opting instead for the next generation of heroes, Goten and Trunks, to be the heroes instead. 

Goku was sure he at least had a fighting shot against Fat Buu. But with him being dead at the time of the fight, he thought him wrapping things up would leave the others vulnerable to a possible new threat in the future, a threat Goku could not ever intervene in. Having Goten and Trunks win against Buu with Fusion would give the two something to use for any future threat.

Goku was sure he at least had a fighting shot against Fat Buu. But with him being dead at the time of the fight, he thought him wrapping things up would leave the others vulnerable to a possible new threat in the future, a threat Goku could not ever intervene in. Having Goten and Trunks win against Buu with Fusion would give the two something to use for any future threat.

Eh I guess. But still. 4 super sayians? 1 SSJ2? And the dragon balls? Come on. Plus he already knows Vegeta never stops training. Wait, does anyone think that Goku will eventually tell Vegeta how to reach SSJ3? He told the kids, so I would not see a reason why he wouldn't tell Vegeta.

So, on the subject of Battle of the Gods; What is everyone expecting from this new film? How many of us are looking forward to seeing it?

So, on the subject of Battle of the Gods; What is everyone expecting from this new film? How many of us are looking forward to seeing it?

I just want Bruce Faulconer to compose a new score for the film. As well as spruce up the sound effects. (which he and his team did for Z)

I'm also expecting it to be a powerful film. From what I've seen of it, I already don't like the cheap animation and aesthetic, but I'm hoping Funimation will spruce up the experience. I cannot stand those horrible, high pitched japanese voice actors.

I just want Bruce Faulconer to compose a new score for the film. As well as spruce up the sound effects. (which he and his team did for Z)

I'm also expecting it to be a powerful film. From what I've seen of it, I already don't like the cheap animation and aesthetic, but I'm hoping Funimation will spruce up the experience. I cannot stand those horrible, high pitched japanese voice actors.

DBZ. The one anime that actually sounds better Dubbed than original.

CowboyBebopsayswhat?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm expecting a lot of explosions. Oh and Hercule bragging a lot only to be swatted again.

And yes I'm looking forward to seeing it. So tempted to even cut class to go to Japan to see it. lulz

I hoping that SSJGod or whatever it is turns out to be better than it looks. I'm not as excited by the way Goku looks during SSJG as I am to see what he can actually do.

I just want Bruce Faulconer to compose a new score for the film.

No.

Nonononono. sleep.png

Please, no.

Anyway, I am expecting FUNimation to treat the movie with the same respect they gave Dragon Ball Kai. So I'm looking forward to seeing the movie along with its dub when they get around to it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Faulconer will never touch DBZ again, thankfully. That music made the show into something it's not. Besides, all it does is further divide the fanbase. We don't need that anymore.

I like some of the music that Bruce and his team composed, but as a whole, it just doesn't fit DBZ. Kikuchi all the way.

Faulconer will never touch DBZ again, thankfully. That music made the show into something it's not. Besides, all it does is further divide the fanbase. We don't need that anymore.

I like some of the music that Bruce and his team composed, but as a whole, it just doesn't fit DBZ. Kikuchi all the way.

Not this again.

Dude we know about how much you like Kikuchi but as I said before we are seriously divided when it comes to the score. so don't demean or bemoan people who want to hear the score they heard come back.

• Thumbs Up 6

Not this again.

Dude we know about how much you like Kikuchi but as I said before we are seriously divided when it comes to the score. so don't demean or bemoan people who want to hear the score they heard come back.

Well, if some people can say they don't like it, how come I can't disagree? It's just discussion, and I'm not trying to insult anybody personally. I know we're divided; I was just giving my opinion and expressing how I feel about it, is all. Sorry if I came off as aggressive.

Anyway, as I've said, Faulconer won't return and for two reasons:

1. He and FUNi had a fallout a decade ago.

2. FUNi doesn't create replacement scores anymore, as that is a thing of the past.

• Thumbs Up 5

Faulconer gave the series a more "American" feel than the original score did. Not bad, just different.

It made it more hardcore than DBZ ever was, and it never yielded silent moments. At least it's more memorable and drones less in the background compared to the other replacement scores. It gives the show a different atmosphere, yes, and I suppose it doesn't mean it's bad for what it is. It is bad, however, in comparison to the original in terms of being faithful. I feel the Kikuchi score fits perfectly with the tone the show and source material originally intended. Faulconer is just very off-putting...

Edited by MugiMikey

Well different strokes for different blokes. It's like the whole VA war thing; people condemn American VA's for daring to sound different from their japanese counterparts. As Johnny Yong Bosch put it; they're Voice Actors not voice imitators. They get paid to do their own take on a character, and if that iteration is different from the original, then oh well. If it misses the point, that's another thing entirely.

Dragon Ball Z is a very action orientated show, and hence the localizers tried actionize it as much as possible. That doesn't make it bad unless you feel it does. I'll admit I never cared much for the Japanese soundtrack, but it's grown on me over the years but I still feel some of Faulconer's music is fitting in some places so I tend to like both soundtracks equally. And regardless of what the Japanese think, I'm always going to despise Goku's Japanese voice no matter what.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

Music aside, the main problem I have with the FUNi DBZ dub is the script. I actually like most of the voice actors they chose, it's just the script and poor direction made them sound bad. I know FUNi was just starting out so I'll give them a break with that, but the script alterations were intentional and just made it very unenjoyable. The voice acting is pretty meh most of the time, and some of the voices sound very... well, cartoony. Not that I'd normally have a problem with that, but Kaio, and Freeza up until now, is hard to take seriously in the dub. Vegeta used to be pretty bad, but he's good now. What I find funny is 4Kids was criticized for performing these practices all the time, yet FUNi was guilty of the exact same thing and people say DBZ is the only anime that's better in English.

Just my two cents.

Edited by MugiMikey
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well, the thing is like this in LA:

-I don't know if they took the NA "altered" script or not, but the VAs also were different sounding from the originals, still they were very good. In Kai, they replaced most of them (Krillin & Bulma between others kept their first VA) but the new ones are bad in general (Vegeta is one of the few that are ok). Also most of the techniques kept their original japanese names.

-The music also remained unchanged, and when I got to hear the NA music I though the original was way better for the series

• Thumbs Up 1

The script in the LA dub was very faithful. I enjoy watching the Mexican version whenever I have the time; it's pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't fit DBZ? So you are telling me Vegeta's theme did not fit him? Nor the SSJ3 music working out? 

*logs off to avoid an argument.*

*logs off to avoid an argument.*

Okay... Why even ask that, then? huh.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF6KsdVn5cY

Anyway, this is a prime example. The music in this fits the scene so well, while the Faulconer soundtrack for this tried hard to keep it hardcore the entire time. The English version also added too much grunting. laugh.png

Edited by MugiMikey

This scene reminded me...Why didn't Vegeta went SSJ to keep Buu busy until Goku gathered enough power in SSJ3 form?

If I remember correctly, Vegeta was already beaten to a pulp and any futher damage could have permanently killed him since he was already dead at the time.