Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I like most Dragon Ball anime original content. Saiyan Arc stuff, Other World Tournament, driving episode, etc. There's way too much to cover. The only anime original episodes I don't like I can immediately think of is the Bulma two parter during the Freeza Arc. Her hanging out with Freeza grunts and dealing with a giant crab is... boring.

There was an interview recently with the DBS Broly director, and they revealed some new stuff. A pretty important part seems to be a new planet.

Planet Bampa/Vampa will appear in the movie, and is a planet full of huge valleys and lakes infested with creatures.

Bulma's vacation home will be based on Italian buildings.

And they mostly want to have a more realistic approach, with some "out-there designs" and tge feel of a space opera.

You can go to Herms98 on Twitter for more.

Takahashi is the best thing to happen to modern Dragon Ball, i mean the guy even goes as far as to draw Krillin with a smaller head and a slightly more toned body akin to his appearance during the Android and Buu arcs, as oppose to the chibi-like anatomy that Toei, Toyotaro, and even Toriyama tends to draw him with nowadays.

49 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Great drawing from Takahashi showing Gohan from kid to adult.

That "grow up" reminds me of Abridged 16

His corrections do show that he cares about characterisation quite a bit. Then again, Toyotaro's writing does leave a lot to be desired...

Iiiiiit's Furry Time!

My friends had me thinking it would be a lot worse, but I think everyone was just expecting Basil's voice to be deeper. Also niiiice Basil has a Joker laugh.

I can get used to Bergamo's.

And Roh sounds like he'll be fun to watch die.

• Thumbs Up 2

And we've got Lavender's English voice. He gets the insane laughter down well, and sounds like the Joker from the Dark Knight Returns.

This'll be a fun match.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uhh... I can't read Japanese, but it looks like Universe 9 isn't a joke anymore? There's a freaking hoard of Bergamo clones on the attack or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Bergamo (Ogilvie) said:

Uhh... I can't read Japanese, but it looks like Universe 9 isn't a joke anymore? There's a freaking hoard of Bergamo clones on the attack or something.

No Lavender clones? 💔

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Jiren (Metro) said:

No Lavender clones? 💔

From what I know, Basil and Lavender are sadly not in yet!

Is there... any sort of story behind this, I wonder?

I mean, I love Bergamo and all but... what'd be the premise of mass cloning him? I guess he'd actually be threatening to most universes (since he can fight on par with base Goku, who can probably blow away most people), but it seems a bit odd since he's weak overall. Maybe being lower on the pecking order means he could be easily mass cloned without raising eyebrows?

Or did they just rip his model and they're passing it off as unrelated to him at all? Because I will lol if so.

...oooo! Or maybe they'd mass clone a Universe 9 fighter because of the undetectable ki thing? That would actually make sense. It was kind of disappointing that plot point was never really exploited in the anime.

Its Heroes. Do not read much into it. They bring back  old characters all the time to use for whatever current plot. Usually for the xenoverse plot of need their energy type of thing or for a distraction. Typically they give them a power boost till the next update rolls around. I think cell, cooler, kid buu have all been through it. I am sure eventually they will toss in a enraged controlled jiren for a bit later on. Heroes is a odd game.

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Its Heroes. Do not read much into it. They bring back  old characters all the time to use for whatever current plot. Usually for the xenoverse plot of need their energy type of thing or for a distraction. Typically they give them a power boost till the next update rolls around. I think cell, cooler, kid buu have all been through it. I am sure eventually they will toss in a enraged controlled jiren for a bit later on. Heroes is a odd game.

The fact Bergamo was chosen at all is still a huge high point for me, though.

Someone in control of the franchise's creative direction has a soft spot for those doggos.

• Too Many Rings 1

Oh okay...I was going to say that maybe they took his ability to absorb damage in mind. But a limited Halloween event makes more sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dragon-ball-super-chapter-40/chapter/15907?read=1

Next chapter of the manga is up.

Frieza knocks Toppo off to one of the orbiting pieces of rubble. When Dyspo goes there by hopping across other pieces of rubble... Frieza blows up all the pieces, leaving them stranded with no way to get back to the arena, revealing it was all a trap. When they ask for Jiren's assistance... he just watches and says they can watch from the stands. The rock crumbles, and they're both eliminated.

With everyone exhausted, 17 decides to use the Self-Destruct technique, blowing up 1/3 of the arena. Jiren survives, of course. Rather hilariously, the Grand Priest decides no penalty will be held for Universe 7. So blowing yourself up is considered a poor play that would carry penalties, apparently.

Jiren is apparently angry at 17's death (so in spite of being a dick to Toppo and Dyspo, he's not all bad)... and Goku is able to use the weight of 17's apparent loss to activate Ultra Instinct again.

Things have officially heated up!