Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Yeah, the Freeza Force had not in any way “fallen” by the time the trek to Namek started. He was just down one race of mercenaries, but given that race died out twenty years prior and he still had a good grip on the universe to that day, he was still going strong. 

Freeza just made the retrospectively questionable decision to bring his entire elite force with him to Namek, and when he and them subsequently fell, Sorbet was the only left to keep things together and pick up the pieces. He didn’t do a good job of it.

24 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Yeah, the Freeza Force had not in any way “fallen” by the time the trek to Namek started.

I was referring to the Frieza arc in Super. Of course the force had not fallen by the time of the Namek saga.

• 2 weeks later...

The raw scans for Chapter 41 have dropped.

About what you would expect: largely UI Goku versus Jiren. Goku is dominating him at first, but it looks like just in the anime his body is no longer able to hold the form and Jiren is able to turn the tide.

He is almost ringed out but Vegeta manages to grab him, and they prepare to fight Jiren together.

From the looks of things, Belmod is convinced Jiren will lose, as he's been worn down already and Universe 7 still has 3 (4) warriors.

This was the part where 17 rolled out from his rock in the anime, so it will be interesting to see how they change it around. It's looking like this fight may drag on for a bit after all.

The most impressive part of this fight is Goku using a Kamehameha to blow a hole through the entire Tournament stage, but Jiren manages to hold on at the end of the tunnel.

Maybe 17 is genuinely dead and Vegeta will end up making the wish instead?

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dragon-ball-super-chapter-41/chapter/15977?read=1

Chapter 41's English translation is up!

Instead of Goku getting tired out from Ultra Instinct, it's more that Jiren was able to push himself a little further and so could react fast enough to cancel out Goku's advantage.

Also I just realized Jiren blows up Universe 9 and 10's portions of the stands, while Mojito and Cus just casually jump out of the way and land behind Universe 7. That's hilarious.

In the same vein, at one point Jiren and Goku are moving so fast nobody can keep up with them. Cue Whis going "oh darn :o" when it becomes obvious Jiren won.

Jiren's wish is revealed to be a desire to revive his master. Just his master. Because his master was never able to give his approval before he died.

What a baby.

(Vegeta, in a moment of intellect, points out Jiren's wish makes no sense. He wants to prove how strong he is, and yet he needs a magical dragon to revive his master so he can get approval, so he's more dependent on others than anyone else there. Jiren is not pleased.)

Vegeta also criticizes Jiren's wish as selfish. The odds he'll be the one to revive all the fallen universes are skyrocketing.

Belmod reveals the reason Jiren was never recognized as a successor by his master: he was too proud to recognize the value of teamwork. And he implies that is why Jiren will lose. Compare how Vegeta puts aside his rampant pride for the good of the universe by working with Goku.

The final plot twist: Whis' insistence on training them both at once was not so they would have a better shot at beating him, but because he understood it was the only way to get them to learn how to unconsciously coordinate. It's a bit different from the anime, where Vegeta and Goku's strength came from having unsynchronized attacks.

Curious what Frieza is up to in all this. He's disappeared.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.ign.com/videos/2018/10/25/dragon-ball-z-bardock-the-father-of-goku-exclusive-clip

Bardock special has been remastered and restored to its original aspect ratio.

The last widescreen remaster was actually better than the orange bricks and retained the grain but, well, it was cropped and the framing looked weird. The second this (and hopefully the Trunks special) comes to Blu-Ray it's a day one buy. Too bad it's the same trash dub, but whatever, the subs will be there.

Funimation should redub a lot of things. Mostly all of Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball Z is whatever at this point, seeing as how we have Kai, but I wouldn't mind a redub of Z either. 

I mean really, they should have just started Kai from the beginning of the series, kill two birds with one stone.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the last trailer, so he's being saved for the movie. The Gogeta thing was also a leak, and it hasn't even been officially revealed yet. 

Regarding my thoughts on the trailer, the main theme is a'ight. I enjoyed seeing Super Saiyan God Vegeta in action, but the most interesting things about this trailer are Whis and what Chelye says about Broli. 

41 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyans said:

Broli. 

I just realised, but if the name of the movie in Japan is Broly, doesn't that mean it's the now canon spelling of the name instead of Broli?

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I just realised, but if the name of the movie in Japan is Broly, doesn't that mean it's the now canon spelling of the name instead of Broli?

Not really, no. They just went with that because it's what the English speaking audiences recognize. Broli is closer to the pun, given it's spelled Broccoli and not Broccoly. 

22 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

A lot of recent Japanese merchandise has been using the Funimation spellings, to my knowledge. I have some of those WCF figures Banpresto's been doing that I've seen specialty shops import and I see spellings like "Frieza" and "Cooler". It's probably easier to sell and document them in foreign markets.

9 hours ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyans said:

This is the last trailer, so he's being saved for the movie. The Gogeta thing was also a leak, and it hasn't even been officially revealed yet. 

Regarding my thoughts on the trailer, the main theme is a'ight. I enjoyed seeing Super Saiyan God Vegeta in action, but the most interesting things about this trailer are Whis and what Chelye says about Broli. 

What does Cheyle say? I saw an non-subbed trailer

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

What does Cheyle say? I saw an non-subbed trailer

Drb58XYUcAAuVCY.jpg

The implication is now that Broly's rampage isn't of his own volition, he can't control himself.

While it can be discussed it was a similar case in the original, that was mostly implied and never explored.

Its basically like the old movie with bits and pieces. Most likely his father has done something to him. I would explain the machine attached to him. This movie is supposed to detail the saiyans more and why frieza hates them/fears them. His dad most likely sends him on a rampage and Cheelye was able to talk to him/sense maybe that he does not want to fight or maybe he just wants to find someone strong enough to kill him. But going by the trailer im pretty sure well get gogeta at the very end. Since goko and vegeta blue or bruised and beaten when he is still wearing his saiyan armor.

46 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

DBS: Broly's theme song, Blizzard, is here:

OYeH7nB.gif

Doesn't really fit the character or the look of the movie.

I mean, not even that, BoG and RoF had more energetic songs than this.

And don't even get me starting on Super, especially Ultimate Battle.

I mean, the song sounds great but I do agree that it doesn't fit.

Also, from the hints they keep giving, Broly may end up a good guy.

37 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

You just want that 2000's edge don't you.

jvsIqgz.gif?noredirect

But seriously, though, it's not powerful enough for a berserker like Broly or soft enough for the "innocent soul with a monstrous power" schtick. Also, I think the song is just bad.

At least Caulifla got an awesome theme:

Superior character gets the superior theme, I guess.