Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Why do I have the strangest feeling this ram guy is going to pull a King Piccolo and get his youth restored and then be a legitimate threat?

Wouldn't surprise me. Toyotaro loves his callbacks (the way he handles the end of the ToP honestly gave me Goku and Piccolo vs. Raditz feelings of all things) and the movies as well so it could also be a Slug reference. Still though, Toyotaro with Toriyama behind him has mostly entertained me so far so I'll be looking forward to next month.

I'm wondering how he cx ties  to the kai still in but. Wouldn't he revert to kid buu if they messed with humor maybe they will  retro con it

That's a fair question. Though, to also be fair, Fat Buu shouldn't exist as it is since his very being is based around the Great Supreme Kai being absorbed to change Buu's nature and removing him is what turned Buuhan into Kid Buu. I mean, if you really think about, Fat Buu should actually be the Great Supreme Kai, but that would imply that they turned into Majin Buu at some point after being absorbed. It's utterly befuddling and might be something that Toyotaro want's to address with the upcoming arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, the unconfirmed idea is that Majin Buu's absorption victims originally start out as prisoners within those pink pods that are propped up in his head. Buu's absorption antics in the modern era lasted for around 3 hours in real time, so the fanbase kinda concluded that the victims were freed quickly enough.

But Grand Kaioshin (and South Kaioshin) were absorbed millions of years ago. Since they were nowhere to be found when Vegetto went inside to inspect Buu, it was logical to assume that Buu's body ultimately assimilated those two into his being, making them truly part of his essence. 

We have no idea what induces biological differences in Buu's wacky body. Perhaps its Grand Kaioshin himself that was able to facilitate this wacky part about Buu, since we don't really know anything about Kaioshin bodies either. But perhaps this prisoner or the Patrol can help shed light on the matter and find a way to get those two Kaioshins back without needing the Dragon Balls.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

But Grand Kaioshin (and South Kaioshin) were absorbed millions of years ago. Since they were nowhere to be found when Vegetto went inside to inspect Buu, it was logical to assume that Buu's body ultimately assimilated those two into his being, making them truly part of his essence. 

Something to consider is that Fat Buu, who came into being from the original Buu absorbing Daikaioshin, was absorbed by Evil Buu. Removing him purified Evil Buu and reverted him to his original form, the Kid Buu. Daikaioshin might still be a part of the Fat Buu and the reason he's remained good, or perhaps purging the evil from himself made him his own entity and Daikaioshin is essentially gone like you said.

That would probably make more sense since the Fat Buu is still there at the end of the timeline.

• Thumbs Up 2

It is a complicated and curious affair, that's for sure. I really do hope that looking into it is part of why Toyotaro is bringing up Daikaioshin.

I always thought of it as Kid Buu was pure evil, then absorbed the Kais and became Fat Buu. When Fat Buu split into Good and Evil, the Good would basically have been primarily the power of the Kais. So Fat Buu is basically still the Kais, but with them having been part of Buu for so long, they've become inseparable.

It's one of those questions that kind of messes with a sense of what it means to be you. Good Buu presumably would have all the memories from the days of Kid Buu, as well as that of the Kais. But he does not consider himself to be either Kai. It's a common question raised with any fusion: the character is both at the same time yet somehow neither.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dragon-ball-super-chapter-42/chapter/16035?action=read

Chapter 42 is up in English.

This time around, it turns out Frieza and 17 discussed the final victory well in advance, with 17 having agreed to fake his death and Frieza having plans to hang back so he could deliver the final blow. He says it's because he prefers strategy to just brawling, even if he would have preferred to be the final survivor.

Some humor when 17 gives some further explanation of the plan: since he doesn't have a ki signature, he could hide without anyone knowing. When Krillin mentions he was positive 17 self-destructed, 17 not only laughs the idea off, but says he lost the ability to do that long ago. Krillin is "huh?" to it and 17's just "...you're the one who wished for it, remember?"

Change from the anime: Grand Priest announces Universe 7 has had its mortal ranking raised to third from the bottom due to the universe-restoring wish. So mortal level factors in the morality of a universe as much as its strength or economic development.

Well then what the fuck did he do? It makes sense on paper but the guy still fucking exploded. Is the manga saying our eyes lied to us? Did Toyotaro's pencil lie?

I would figure it is something like Vegeta's Final Explosion but with 17's barrier to bail him out with no ill consequences.

3 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Well then what the fuck did he do? It makes sense on paper but the guy still fucking exploded. Is the manga saying our eyes lied to us? Did Toyotaro's pencil lie?

My understanding would be that in the time between his "explosion" and the dust clearing, he buried himself under a rock.

The way I saw it for Buu is that Kid Buu was the original ancient form of Buu, an indestructible monster with no logic or brains, a creature made only for torment or destruction. Upon absorbing the Kais, their personalities were so strong that they overwhelmed the already blank Kid Buu and changed him creating Fat Buu.

Fat Buu, for all intents and purposes isn’t really evil, he just reverted to an childlike state and was then easily misled like a spoiled child. The interesting thing with Super is that we could kind of assume now that Evil Buu is possibly the evil left inside Fat Buu more than Kid, as in what Babidi taught him and what caused him to think about killing the hunters that hurt Bea, notice how Evil Buu and Fat Buu look more or less the same after Buu excercised and got rid of his fat.

In short, since Evil Buu was still a creation of Fat Buu and still had personality and thought, I’d say he wasn’t really pure evil, like Kid Buu but rather Fat Buu’s current anger and emotions filled into one. Then when Fat Buu is absorbed and Super Buu is created, it’s from a fully powered Buu with the power of the Kais, mixed in with the evil taking full control. We could also take it to mean that Super Buu is Fat and Evil now merged back into one with the evil side running the show.

Later, when Fat Buu is cut out, it doesn’t leave Evil Buu because he’s already back with Fat Buu. This means that Super Buu has lost every essence that made him what he is. He becomes a totally blank slate, which causes him to revert straight back to his Kid form. It does make sense in that Kid Buu was weakened when he absorbed Grand Supreme Kai, but since they were apart of Fat Buu, and Fat Buu was cut out of Super Buu, it also means Grand Surpreme Kai is no longer merged with him either.

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

We could also take it to mean that Super Buu is Fat and Evil now merged back into one with the evil side running the show.

That's exactly what he was. Even if games seem to forget to implement that aspect.

If this is not a god tier fight song i do not know what is. if it plays when gogeta transforms i will stand and clap cause its amazing

I may be singing a different tune when I see the entire thing, but I think Shida's episode 130 scene still beats those few seconds. But it's not like the guy really gets worse over time so I'm sure it'll be great either way.

Wonder when we'll be getting US showtimes. Since they've set dates for the dub premiere, surely they have a finalized theater list by now.