Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Have we heard about the Universe 6 Namekians yet? Really hoping they get Scott McNeil in, like they did Brian Drummond.

It'll be so weird hearing Veronica Taylor in Dragon Ball.

And hey, Old Man Owl from the Sonic OVA is one of the supreme kais. Neat!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Why do people bring up 4kids actors finding work.  do they have trouble

I think people are just excited to hear “Ash Ketchum” in Dragon Ball.

2 hours ago, Jiren (Metro) said:

I think people are just excited to hear “Ash Ketchum” in Dragon Ball.

Ah ok then I thought they had trouble finding roles from how much I've heard 4kids the last few days

old pso2 guildmate recorded. Do not worry the quality was far from good. But god I want to spoil it but i wont. But this is by far one of the best db movies in awhile.

So, I just saw the Tien(&Roshi) episode of Super and while I liked the concept of the episode's antagonist, I thought she was (ironically) rather flat.

New Super manga chapter is up on viz's site.

Spoiler

The villain's name is Moro, and he's been active in the universe for as long as the Kaioshins have been. Grand Kaioshin and South Kaioshin personally enter the mortal plane to contend with him, but find themselves outmatched by Moro. Moro has a special magical ability that drains the lifeforce and ki of anything his attack strikes, which he can then consume to increase his own power, so the Kaioshins had no chance of overcoming him in force. So, Grand Kaioshin decides to use a technique he invented that can seal magical power away, though it comes with a sacrifice of nearly all of his god ki. The technique is successful, and severely damages and fatigues Moro in the process, and Moro is imprisoned by the Galactic Police. Magical strength =/= physical power however, and Moro is not lacking in either department, so all attempts to execute Moro ended with Police fatalities; he's given a life sentence in imprisonment instead.

10 million years later into the present day, and as we know, Grand Kaioshin has been assimilated by Majin Buu. The technique he used to seal Moro's magic is deteriorating, and Moro immediately took advantage of that and escaped the Galactic Patrol's prison. The Patrol has no other idea on how to contain Moro, so this is why they took Majin Buu, in the hopes of acquiring Grand Kaioshin's technique from him somehow to repeat the process. But, Buu's still asleep, so there's little they can do about it until he wakes up.

Meanwhile, Goku and Vegeta are made honorary members of the Galactic Patrol until the Moro business is settled, and they, along with Jaco and Merus, go to stop a trio of bandits stealing a fuel source. They're eventually caught, but Vegeta notices that Merus has the speed and instinct to have done it all on his own without Goku's input, and is curious to see how strong Merus really is. Moro's current location is finally located, and Goku uses the general direction given to search for him using Instant Transmission, in order to get a read on the guy. Goku does find Moro, but Moro sensed Goku sensing him and psychically makes his awareness to him known, shocking Goku completely.

New villain, bringing lots of new stuff to the table, background and aura about him makes him threatening in a non-power related way. Excellent stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm so happy they changed the lines for the dub, rather than going with the original translations. Basil's such a dork now because of it, and it makes him so much more precious to me.

1792716371_dorkybasil.thumb.png.df3ee3d7c6dd0dc5f3264063a370e23d.png

5 hours ago, Coyote (Ogilvie) said:

I'm so happy they changed the lines for the dub, rather than going with the original translations. Basil's such a dork now because of it, and it makes him so much more precious to me.

What was said in the original?

8 hours ago, Coyote (Ogilvie) said:

Yeah, that was a breathlessly funny line.

Looks like for the Dragon Ball Heroes anime, the next storyline is called "Dawn of War" and involves a conflict that ravages the whole multiverse as the new bad guys try to murder the Omni-King.

Also hey Zamasu comes back for it.

We might get an answer on whether Zen-oh is invulnerable or not from this. Everyone just assumes he is because of the Erase power, but it needs to be remembered he's not using energy the same way as everyone else. His power is on a whole other level. It's entirely possible he could be easily killed, but no one has tried it because he can end you with zero effort. Those bodyguards make more sense if you don't think of his Erase power as flowing from a power level, but just being a special ability.

3 hours ago, Jiren (Metro) said:

What was said in the original?

In the original, the subs translated it as "uhhh, nobody besides us!"

Needless to say, Basil's English rendition is hilarious by comparison since it's so dumb.

11 minutes ago, Coyote (Ogilvie) said:

Looks like for the Dragon Ball Heroes anime, the next storyline is called "Dawn of War" and involves a conflict that ravages the whole multiverse as the new bad guys try to murder the Omni-King.

Also hey Zamasu comes back for it.

We might get an answer on whether Zen-oh is invulnerable or not from this. Everyone just assumes he is because of the Erase power, but it needs to be remembered he's not using energy the same way as everyone else. His power is on a whole other level. It's entirely possible he could be easily killed, but no one has tried it because he can end you with zero effort. Those bodyguards make more sense if you don't think of his Erase power as flowing from a power level, but just being a special ability.o dumb.

I would claim spoilers, but were near the start of the Universal Tournament dubwise, so it doesn't matter. Sounds interesting, though; was wondering heck'd you go from there.

With that said, how the heck is Zamasu back?

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I would claim spoilers

The topic has "untagged spoilers" for a reason. :P

With that said, how the heck is Zamasu back?

It's Super Dragon Ball Heroes so who knows, they do all kinds of time and reality warping stuff to bring everyone together in crossover stuff.

Though I'd assume this plays into how the villains would even be able to contemplate killing the Omni-King; they must have some ability to bypass Erase. If so, that gives them the power they need to actually threaten him. Zen-oh wouldn't know where to begin with defending himself if he couldn't just blink someone out of existence.

13 minutes ago, Coyote (Ogilvie) said:

It's Super Dragon Ball Heroes so who knows, they do all kinds of time and reality warping stuff to bring everyone together in crossover stuff.

Though I'd assume this plays into how the villains would even be able to contemplate killing the Omni-King; they must have some ability to bypass Erase. If so, that gives them the power they need to actually threaten him. Zen-oh wouldn't know where to begin with defending himself if he couldn't just blink someone out of existence.

Oooh! I thought this was the show itself.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Oooh! I thought this was the show itself.

Indeed, it'll get nice and confusing keeping these two anime separate.

Particularly since with this one, they're outright saying it takes place after the most recent arc in both Super and Heroes.

21 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So, I'm currently watching a Toonami marathon of Dragon Ball Super. I really can't say I stand behind some of Goku's actions.

Oh yeah, I had to go set the DVR to record an episode that got messed up.

Goku in Super apparently is being written with Toriyama's original intentions in mind. With that said, what in particular bugs you?

On 12/22/2018 at 4:07 PM, Coyote (Ogilvie) said:

Indeed, it'll get nice and confusing keeping these two anime separate.

Particularly since with this one, they're outright saying it takes place after the most recent arc in both Super and Heroes.

Wait, Heroes had legit arcs?

Just now, DabigRG said:

Oh yeah, I had to go set the DVR to record an episode that got messed up.

Goku in Super apparently is being written with Toriyama's original intentions in mind. With that said, what in particular bugs you?

I guess it's in general, but Goku feels too fixated on fighting. I understand that he likes to fight, but it feels like he goes too far with it.

23 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I guess it's in general, but Goku feels too fixated on fighting. I understand that he likes to fight, but it feels like he goes too far with it.

Suffice to say that in an effort to make Goku true to his original character, he went too far in the other direction. Goku may not be a hero but he is still good guy who will to protect those he cares about