Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Oh, yeah, his muscles. I don't need him being as buff as he used to be. Super Saiyan God size would be fine to me:

image.png.4d949094eddf9d739df4e3405c23cc32.png

Keeps him a bit different from Goku and Vegeta. He doesn't need that physical level, because he has so much spiritual power or something lol

Not being super buff would again go along with his Cell Games look.

Lol hogan.

But i like the more buff gohan. I do not want to see that nerdy haircut mess anymore.   It shows just how serious he took his training for the tournament. Going from skinny to buff. Everyone told him that he was weaker and needed to get stronger to protect his family and he did just that. I remember skinny gohan getting destroyed by frieza.

They should go and unearth Gohan's original adult look. That hair is distinct enough on its own.

eusvbcf8nsxz.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e2eb8b388e361c9dbefaffe996e52b442e60eccc

I think everyone would be up for this.

• Thumbs Up 5

14 hours ago, -Robin- said:

They should go and unearth Gohan's original adult look. That hair is distinct enough on its own.

eusvbcf8nsxz.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e2eb8b388e361c9dbefaffe996e52b442e60eccc

Definitely, I like Adult Gohan’s design, but that design just looks like what Teen Gohan would actually look like in his adult years (Teen being the Cell Games Gohan in this case).

Honestly, it looks like GT Goten’s design repurposed parts of Gohan’s original design.

20 hours ago, Marcello said:

Yeah:

image.png.f9426d07f169c179a2fa7de1e953b3a2.png

I like the hair here. Maybe a little longer. It's a nice continuation of his Cell Games haircut.

But, I wasn't really talking about the hair. Just the way they drew his face, especially in the ToP.

image.png.ca5032b28ac345a425a7c2738dd91e5b.pngimage.png.e87b3848453baea5031e242ecd5bf1b6.png

I knew there was something bothering me about the way Gohan was drawn during the ToP and I had heard the comparisons with Vegeta but that was mostly in the hairline so I never noticed how bad it had really gotten. Yikes!

14 hours ago, -Robin- said:

25 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Definitely, I like Adult Gohan’s design, but that design just looks like what Teen Gohan would actually look like in his adult years (Teen being the Cell Games Gohan in this case).

Honestly, it looks like GT Goten’s design repurposed parts of Gohan’s original design.

Honestly I think it's funny that even back then Toriyama was playing around with putting glasses on Gohan. But I definitely love the far right design the most and would love to see that implemented. It captures Gohan's youthfulness and Cell Games look while still making him look like an adult/older teenager. I also think it does a much better job at distinguishing between how Gohan is in and out of combat. Looking at the Super Saiyan design though and considering what Gohan ended up looking like I think Toriyama's infamous laziness got the better of Gohan here.

I'm nearly 29 years old. I don't think I know how to live in a world where Broly doesn't fucking suck. How does one change a life perspective, a tautology, a universal truth, known to be the case for a quarter century?

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

I'm nearly 29 years old. I don't think I know how to live in a world where Broly doesn't fucking suck. How does one change a life perspective, a tautology, a universal truth, known to be the case for a quarter century?

Pretend the original Broly was just a fever dream and you imagined the fights?

2 hours ago, Tornado said:

Bow to Toriyama, your god.

11 hours ago, Tornado said:

Well, I'm 30 and it didn't take long to change my perspective on Broly after this movie. In fact, it was long changed after the credits rolled.

11 hours ago, Tornado said:

Well, for starters you can take comfort in knowing that most of Dragon Ball's biggest issues will never go away and will probably only get worse as it progresses.

22 hours ago, Tornado said:

they will unfix it soon child, do not fret

all energy returns to the source

all dragon ball characters become lame eventually

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Tornado said:

What are you talking about. They just fixed Broly.

That is not one of Dragon Ball's biggest issues, Broly was a whatever movie villain who could have been lame and bad in his lame and bad 3 movies and that would have been it, it wouldn't have really affected the series proper. To use a phrase coined by people who are wrong, this new movie is the Sonic Mania of Dragon Ball, a really nice big love letter to everything great about the series without changing the continuing problems that still eat away at the franchise's core. We're still gonna have narrative escalation, character consistency issues, hollow fights that all look the same, neglect of extended cast members even outside of battle, thoughtless world design, timeline issues and a whole host of other problems.

45 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

That is not one of Dragon Ball's biggest issues, Broly was a whatever movie villain who could have been lame and bad in his lame and bad 3 movies and that would have been it, it wouldn't have really affected the series proper. To use a phrase coined by people who are wrong, this new movie is the Sonic Mania of Dragon Ball, a really nice big love letter to everything great about the series without changing the continuing problems that still eat away at the franchise's core. We're still gonna have narrative escalation, character consistency issues, hollow fights that all look the same, neglect of extended cast members even outside of battle, thoughtless world design, timeline issues and a whole host of other problems.

And the Franchise will still sell regardless of any of that and fans will swear the stuff is the greatest thing of all time despite it's issues. 

We knew you weren't being serious, there's nothing wrong with using that to jump off into making other statements

On 1/18/2019 at 1:47 AM, Shaddy Zaphod said:

I just got back from the movie. It was kind of insane. I'm going to put some numbers before opinions because that structures things better and I don't want to bother categorizing them.

Hide contents

To be honest though...I like Vic Mignogna, but he fucking sucks at screaming. For real. His screams were so lame, even compared to Goku and Vegeta's. 

6. Freeza is the best character in this movie.

9. The CG was very noticeable. On the characters it looked okay, but the environments looked no different from the awkwardly-realistic ones of Battle of Gods. They really did improve over RoF but they poured it all into character design so it looked a little bit like the 2D characters were superimposed onto photographs at points, and it got a little distracting.

Yeah, that's fair.

On 1/18/2019 at 1:47 AM, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Hide contents

8. Tarble is mentioned, and that sucks. Tarble sucks. They tried making a better Tarble with Cabba, and he sucked. Stop mentioning Tarble in your work if you're not gonna make him good, Toriyama.

Woah, really?

I'm hearing about some apparent dislike for some of more notable new characters, lately. 😯

On 1/22/2019 at 4:03 PM, Meta77 said:

Seriously this right here. Maybe others see noting but thats not a simple they are winning smile that is i want to see you wipe broly off the earth grin.

evil.JPG

Yeah, what was up with that?

Looks like Vados there.

I can't believe Broly is still in theaters. Mine still has multiple showings a day through tomorrow.

Way to go, Dragon Ball. You knocked it out of the park with this one.

Oh, actually I better retract part of that statement. I said I liked Vic Mignogna, which I did, before the last couple weeks informed me of the guy being a massive fucking creep. So he's not good at screaming or being a good human being now.

Everyone's going to have their own valid takes on something sensitive like that. I still like the roles I enjoyed him in (Broly, Edward Elric, Tamaki Suoh, etc.), and I can also appreciate that his ability to play those roles aren't representative of him as a person. Not everyone's going to be able to disconnect him from the roles though, and that's a perfectly valid reaction as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Oh, actually I better retract part of that statement. I said I liked Vic Mignogna, which I did, before the last couple weeks informed me of the guy being a massive fucking creep. So he's not good at screaming or being a good human being now.

Ah shit, what happened now? :😩