Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Can't watch the video, but I doubt it's true. Probably just some butthurt idiot angry about Mignogna getting fired, so they're hoping Toei saves the day, but Toei almost definitely doesn't give a shit.

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I ended up seeing this in my recommended videos:

* Imagine Video Here *

So question - does anyone know if this actually has some legitimacy to it, or is this guy just completely and totally talking out of his ass? I'd imagine Toei trying to get rid of the VAs for over 20 years at this point would not make many people happy, especially given how iconic Goku, Vegeta and Bulma's voices have become. I've checked Reddit and the news to see if there were any articles on it as well and found nothing.

I saw that in mine as well, but didn't bother watching it after a quick Google search turned up little.

Also, Bulma IS a replacement.

7 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I ended up seeing this in my recommended videos:

So question - does anyone know if this actually has some legitimacy to it, or is this guy just completely and totally talking out of his ass? I'd imagine Toei trying to get rid of the VAs for over 20 years at this point would not make many people happy, especially given how iconic Goku, Vegeta and Bulma's voices have become. I've checked Reddit and the news to see if there were any articles on it as well and found nothing.

Perfection is full of shit on just about everything. He's also been involved in a couple months-long battle trying to harass Terez27 (Kanzenshuu wiki mod and /r/dbz mod) because he took her group's subtitles and passed them off as his own.

As for that video, I recommend removing it from here. @DabigRG, remove it from your quote too. It's not true. Toei cares very little about the politics at Funimation and especially a VA as minor to DB as Vic. They're not gonna be a factor in this, and paying attention to pro-Vic propaganda is only going to potentially allow it to spread. You can't give these people attention, they don't have the facts on their side and are completely focused on victim-blaming and slander.

Here's a video criticizing Funimation that we should be spreading around:

This Blu-Ray set is not only a mess in terms of production and visual quality, but nobody at Funimation can even give a concrete statement on it's intentions or demographic. It's ruining the image of DBZ while dangling the proper look of the footage in our fucking faces and it's impressive just how bad this release has been. I want everyone who cares about the series having it's proper colors, preserved linework and resolution to do what this video says and make your voice heard on Funimation's blog, twitter and email. This release is not coming out until November and hardcore fans deserve a version of the show that looks accurate to the original.

11 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Perfection is full of shit on just about everything. He's also been involved in a couple months-long battle trying to harass Terez27 (Kanzenshuu wiki mod and /r/dbz mod) because he took her group's subtitles and passed them off as his own.

As for that video, I recommend removing it from here. @DabigRG, remove it from your quote too. It's not true. Toei cares very little about the politics at Funimation and especially a VA as minor to DB as Vic. They're not gonna be a factor in this, and paying attention to pro-Vic propaganda is only going to potentially allow it to spread. You can't give these people attention, they don't have the facts on their side and are completely focused on victim-blaming and slander.

Okie dokie.

Sheesh, a lot of drama lately.

• 2 weeks later...

New manga chapter is out, and Buu's unlocked the Grand Kaioshin's memories and has them on hand now. He recognized Moro on sight and, being a magical creature himself, is putting up a much better fight than Goku and Vegeta did. It's unknown if he can perform the same sealing ability that the Kaioshin did, but for now he's a potent roadblock for Moro.

Meanwhile it's constantly refreshing to see Vegeta be a stand up person. He is genuinely regretful for slaughtering the Namekians decades ago, and brings it up with Elder Moori and asks how he feels about him now. This, despite proving his sincerity back with Kid Buu, and protecting them just a few days ago. And just before he and Goku take off to confront Moro again, Vegeta pleads for Goku to restore New Namek back to normal if he makes it out of this fight, with no mention of his own safety. He's shouldering an incredible amount of responsibility here.

Back on Earth, Piccolo has realized something is up at New Namek. Really hoping he plays a pivotal role in this saga, if not take the win himself, since he too is a magical being, and it is his people Moro is targeting.

D4igxFEXsAApwsS.jpg

Kind of a weird involving Boo honestly, the chapter in general really.

It reads so slow most of it and then the pace just goes high gear which is kind of jarring honestly.

Of significantly more interest is Boo himself though. While I read some complaints from people who read the leaks about Boo's level of power not scaling properly against Moro from what I've seen it's fairly par for the course right now since Moro is most being caught off guard while being dumbstruck by Boo's abilities. Those same abilities and how Boo is approaching this whole confrontation though reads to me like Boo has the Grand Kaoishin's memories but perceives them as his own memories as if he, Majin Boo himself, was the one who fought Moro and was friends with the other Kaioshin.

It really was a weird chapter to me, though to be honest Goku has been being fairly dense as usual. Sure he can't teleport on his own right now but as my memory is a little fuzzy at the moment doesn't he still have the Zen'o button. He could have easily handicapped Moro's plans just by borrowing the ball and paying Zen'o a visit if he does. If he doesn't still have it though then no biggie, but if he does I kind of hope that it gets addressed. It's not really a deal breaker regardless though at this point since in the grand scheme of things this arc is as essentially as useless as the rest of Super if we never go past EoZ so as long as it's entertaining that should be enough. And right now, making me curious about how Boo is interacting with the Grand Kaoishin's memories is a reasonable success in my book.

So the last episode saw Frost show up again with a deal with Champa being shown, as well as Jiren taking someone out. How many episodes to go before he really comes into focus?

13 hours ago, Meta77 said:

If you mean frost. Soon.

If you mean jiren there is still a bit to go.

Ah. Gotcha.

Summer'll probably be over by that point. 

Forgot to say this when it was relevant, but I was bit disappointed by how Ganos actually fared once we got to focus on him.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was skimming back over the previous page and saw these

On 4/1/2019 at 12:33 PM, Wraith said:

They just weren't the focus of the arc, which was a letdown because most of the characters the actual arc wanted to focus on were far less interesting.

What couple of characters [up to Frost's elimination] are you referring, if i may ask?

On 4/1/2019 at 1:00 PM, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

It's just an abridged version of Gohan's arc

Oh, so it's an affectionate parody?

Listening to Johnny's Podcast about Super Broly brings up something that's easy to forget: What do people think of Uub?

• 3 weeks later...

Ribrianne is one of the most hated characters in the show. I personally can't stand her for her gimmick getting repetative and how hypocritical she was on 18 and Krillin's love. Yet, she appears everywhere. She's being added to Xenoverse 2 now. Think they know how disliked she is and are doing it deliberatly.

The reason she's been shoved in our faces so much is because she's one of the very few ToP fighters to be designed by Toriyama himself.

44 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Ribrianne is one of the most hated characters in the show. I personally can't stand her for her gimmick getting repetative and how hypocritical she was on 18 and Krillin's love. Yet, she appears everywhere. She's being added to Xenoverse 2 now. Think they know how disliked she is and are doing it deliberatly.

Yeah, I noticed that while skimming TVTropes.  

I can't say I dislike her all that much( yet), but yeah, she has gotten a little old. She's another one of those characters where the concept and idea sounds kinda interesting/fun, but it just isn't really there for as much limelight she's gotten. Like, I also can't say I laughed much, but the idea of her shtick and some of the scenes with her(particularly before the fight with Jiren) are sorta funny, but man.

What's this about Krillin and 18, though--is it something in an upcoming episode or did I forget it?

24 minutes ago, 8ther said:

The reason she's been shoved in our faces so much is because she's one of the very few ToP fighters to be designed by Toriyama himself.

Really now? That makes sense and is a surprise at the same time.

35 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What's this about Krillin and 18, though--is it something in an upcoming episode or did I forget it?

Oh nuts, yeah thats not popped up in the English dub yet. Though interestingly, they made it the opposite in the manga. Not saying why but it... is kinda funny.

7 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Oh nuts, yeah thats not popped up in the English dub yet. Though interestingly, they made it the opposite in the manga. Not saying why but it... is kinda funny.

Ah, okay then.

But yeah, this Magical Girl parody supposedly becoming more beautiful by turning into this Fat Buu-elf(more on that latter) and being not only one of the strongest contenders of a universe, but of the tournament in general sounds like this brilliant sendup.

Yeah, it wasn't gonna translate well over here, but there are Sailor Moon and Mew Mew Power fans out there, I'm sure. Heck, the dub even brings in Veronica Taylor, which crosses this weird extra layer of meta cause of 4kids. Unfortunately, she isn't that neat and is beginning to wear out her welcome.

On another note, anyone interesting voicing the Universe 6 Namekians?

Dunno if this is the best place to ask this but, How well would Jojo character fair against  Dragon Ball's strongest characters?

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

On another note, anyone interesting voicing the Universe 6 Namekians?

I'll have to look it up, but I don't think they've said much yet. 

EDIT: The wiki says Saonel is Brandon Potter and Pilina is Jarrod Greene.

20 minutes ago, 8ther said:

Dunno if this is the best place to ask this but, How well would Jojo character fair against  Dragon Ball's strongest characters?

I don't watch Jojo, but it's generally a safe bet that Goku can vaporize most other characters.

Since tonight will be focused on Kale and Caulifla, I suppose I should springboard off of the previous episode to make a point.

Something I can't help but notice about this arc as of the last five or so in particular is that while there's definitely some cool or interesting things being presented, the show isn't all that good at playing them out. A number of these characters from other universes have some neat designs and/or distinguished traits about them, but not many of them are actually used very well. And at what is stated to be the halfway point of the Tournament of Power, they seem to be breezing through some of these remaining things even more. I could be speaking too soon, but this was technically a thing early on in the tournament as well--just not as flagrant.

It’s been going on for the past couple episodes, Apparently it has something to do with Funimation receiving “broadcast friendly” video from Toei..

7 hours ago, 8ther said:

It’s been going on for the past couple episodes, Apparently it has something to do with Funimation receiving “broadcast friendly” video from Toei..

Okay, that explains it.

At first, I thought it was just a matter of the satellite having gotten brief interference since it's a DVR recording, but then it consistently happened when they started to fight and it's like wth is happening.

I was almost wondering if it was supposed to be Caulifla getting some special technique or something, but that wouldn't really explain Kale doing it too.

It's like Goku vs. Jiren but like consistently atrociously broken?

:lol: