Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

There's no official word yet, but in Romaji it reads as Birusu. It can be Bills, Beers, Beels, Beerus, Biroosu, or anything of that nature...

Ugh, Hope it comes out soon. all this guessing is like watching bad fansubs before english localization is announced.

Ill stick with Birusu then until we can get an american name here.

Yeah, Beers might make sense seeing as Beer can trigger aggression, hence his power. Just my thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's also the only food-related pun I can think of sounding like that. Maybe it'll be localised as Bills or so, but the intent was likely Beers.

Apparently, according to Watanabe, Birusu's name is a pun on "virus." Kinda cool.

EDIT: I got more information on the pun. The Katakana for Birusu is "ビルス" and the Katakana for virus is "ビールス." There's a slight difference, but it's there. It's a pun on the word "virus," but his name isn't exactly "virus." The extention mark (ー) makes a difference (it's also what makes Freeza's name "Freeza" and not "Freezer"). So, technically, the closest thing to Birusu's name would be "Birus" or "Bilus." Probably the former, though.

EDIT #2: Not sure if this is true, but it looks like FUNi has the Buu arc of Kai now, which seems to be 66 episodes. Kind of a lot... but, hey! A better dub of more content!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23031

Edited by MugiMikey

Its one of my favorite shows and my favorite anime :] I've been a massive fan of this buying all the boxsets, getting the updated Kai blu-ray version, as well as playing quite a lot of the games and of cause getting the manga :3 I first got into it when it was played back in the 90's on Cartoon Networks Toonami. I still watch episodes on a regular basis. So yea i'm a big fan tongue.png

Edited by Ultimate Frieza

I really wanna buy the entire series on DVD or digital download preferably with the Bruce Faulkoner music. Which set would be the best for that? Also, I like DBZ kai's intro more than any of the original DBZ intros. In fact I honestly never cared for them...

I believe the Orange Boxes are the ones you want. but I don't know if they are the exact same score cues from the TV version or retooled scores to fit with the JP music cues.

Anybody care to answer that one?

The orange bricks have the original Kikuchi score and the Faulconer Productions score too. The replacement score didn't have to be reworked because when FUNimation picked up where they left off after they cut ties with Saban, they stopped splicing episodes (until GT, but that's another story) and the score was made to fit the typical uncut episode length. The only thing they didn't keep with the replacement score was their custom next episode previews even though the narrator is still like "STAY TUNED FOR SCENES FROM THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAAAGON BAAAAAALL ZEEEEEEEEE!!!" at the end of the episode.

So yeah, if that's what you're looking for, go with the orange bricks.

Bouncing around the internet, looking for something DBZ related. Then I came across THIS.

So if the movie does good, we may be seeing a new series along with new arc and something that will hopefully replace GT? Now that I like.

Yeah, but still if that happens, people still will complain that no one but Goku does something useful.

(Not that it isn't true...but still...)

Edited by Polar Vec

Father-Son Kamehameha courtesy of Yuji Naka and son? Grandson? Great-grandson? Whatever.

yMH53gw.jpg

(I'm jelly I haven't ran into this  before in my life)

• Thumbs Up 6

I love how swag Bills is. Yeah, I can kill you with a tap but I'll sit here enjoying cake and maybe I'll join your party XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so Watanabe said he named Birus after the German way of pronouncing "virus."

And Toriyama thought he named Birus "Beers" so he named Whis after whiskey.

So... yeah, Birus and Beers are the best two for his name.

Okay, so Watanabe said he named Birus after the German way of pronouncing "virus."

And Toriyama thought he named Birus "Beers" so he named Whis after whiskey.

So... yeah, Birus and Beers are the best two for his name.

Sources?

I'll go with "Beers".

Yeah, Beers and Whis, the alcoholic pair of gods.

Sounds good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like everyone wants me to say something about this...

I like the booze theme naming.

<.<

>.>

There I said it.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's an amusing picture that's going around like crazy. I'm actually kinda surprised it wasn't mentioned here yet...

LTn85We.png

And the sad thing is a lot of people are actually believing this.

Edited by Sean
  • Thumbs Up 6

Didn't the movie flop?

Nope, it's actually doing very well in the Japanese box office, from what I've been hearing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm? No. It's doing well enough so far that it's nowhere near being considered a flop. Besides, the movie just started its theatrical run.

• Thumbs Up 1