Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

1 hour ago, DiamondX said:

It seems like another Dragon Ball Super movie is being made:

That just popped up on my home page. Already? 

I'm watching Plague of Gripes video on Universe 6 Saiyans and at one point, he goes into Tarble(who I asked about previously) in composition from going into why they didn't know about Super Saiyan. So apparently, Tarble was used as more of a comedic reaction character at first? 

Also, I've learned that the special he is from was never dubbed. Any idea why that is?

Tarble doesn't fight, it's why he was cast off Planet Vegeta in the first place.

Funimation licensed the Dragon Ball series through Toei, and therefore were able to get everything Toei owns - the shows, movies, and the tv specials. The direct to video/video game tie-in/Jump Festa stuff however is not controlled directly by Toei only, meaning that any attempt by Funi to license that material requires working something out with those that do, which for whatever reason they haven't been able to do. That's why Plan to Eradicate the (Super) Saiyans, Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return, Episode of Bardock, and the other even more ancillary content has never been released or dubbed.

39 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

Tarble doesn't fight, it's why he was cast off Planet Vegeta in the first place.

Yeah, I was aware of that--one of the more obvious ways to make someone like Vegeta having a brother notable--as well as his marriage to Gure.

Looking him up on TVTropes, though, apparently he's also associated/similar to the Galactic Patrol?

40 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

Funimation licensed the Dragon Ball series through Toei, and therefore were able to get everything Toei owns - the shows, movies, and the tv specials. The direct to video/video game tie-in/Jump Festa stuff however is not controlled directly by Toei only, meaning that any attempt by Funi to license that material requires working something out with those that do, which for whatever reason they haven't been able to do. That's why Plan to Eradicate the (Super) Saiyans, Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return, Episode of Bardock, and the other even more ancillary content has never been released or dubbed.

Oooh, that explains it! A rights thing, okay.

I was really confused as to why a dubbed version of the episode wasn't available online after the video and now I know the real reason why.

Having finally seen her, I'm not sure how I feel about Kefla's design.

Also, how old are Kale and Caulifla?

I can't believe I'm asking this, but where has Ribrianne been these past episodes? And [Rabbit guy] for that matter?

9 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I can't believe I'm asking this, but where has Ribrianne been these past episodes? And [Rabbit guy] for that matter?

Dyspo? He's looking after meditating Jiren. Ribrianne if I remember is hiding. If I remember, she makes her comeback after the Kefla fight.

8 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Dyspo? He's looking after meditating Jiren. Ribrianne if I remember is hiding. If I remember, she makes her comeback after the Kefla fight.

Okay, I suppose that sounds about right. 

I just occurred to me that despite Heles and her Supreme Kai being in the episode for a little bit, Ribrianne herself was conspicuously absent after being a constant presence even during the first fight with Jiren. Plus Top was at least restraining Vegeta for whatever reason..

Next Super manga chapter's out. Not much going on plot wise, it's been focused on the fighting.

However, lore was added that explains future events. Grand Kaioshin and Merus surmise during the fight with Moro that while his spirit and persona is a part of Good Buu, Grand Kaioshin's godly ki and overall power were transferred to Evil Buu when Good Buu blew his stack back then. That godly ki would remain with Evil Buu all the way up to Kid Buu and eventually go with Kid Buu after the Spirit Bomb destroyed him.

But, Kid Buu was reincarnated into Uub. And the power went along for the ride.

So the reason why Uub is able to keep up with Goku at EoZ, after the events of Super and all of Goku's powering up during that era, is because Uub himself possesses Grand Kaioshin's godly ki, albeit unknowingly. So that, combined with Kid Buu's own enormous raw power, makes Uub a potentially superb fighter able to keep up with the Super Saiyan Blues and Broly.

This does make me wonder how Uub will be handled going forward. He's surely too young and inexperienced to be of any help now, but maybe in the future the show could finally move past the end of Z and focus on him?

I don't have much hope it will happen, but it would be great to focus heavily on someone other than Goku and Vegeta. Part of me wonders if Buushin will just find the boy and borrow the power back, leaving us with little more than fan service. Then again, as Vegeta noted, brute force is bound to be important in the final fight, so maybe Uub isn't even seen this arc and the godly technique is a thing of the past.

I've been avoiding spoiler about the manga since I wanna see it in the show, but it's good to here Uub is finally in on top Buu being important and that goat guy being an interesting villain.

4 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I've been avoiding spoiler about the manga since I wanna see it in the show, but it's good to here Uub is finally in on top Buu being important and that goat guy being an interesting villain.

The show stopped before this. We don't even know if its gonna continue into this arc, or its own thing. Best to take what we can after the Tournament of Power.

16 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

The show stopped before this. We don't even know if its gonna continue into this arc, or its own thing. Best to take what we can after the Tournament of Power.

Wait, what?

Shouldn't it be on hiatus or whatever? 

30 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Wait, what?

Shouldn't it be on hiatus or whatever? 

Well they haven't exactly made anything clear. We had those rumblings about another movie but for now, thats all we got.

On 6/21/2019 at 5:11 PM, The Tenth Doctor said:

Well they haven't exactly made anything clear. We had those rumblings about another movie but for now, thats all we got.

Ah. I guess the Tournament is the last thing I've heard about from Super before and after the movies.

Regardless, one would think they'd just kick it back up once they are able to.

__________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: So with that episode/battle out of the way, is it weird that I'm a little refreshed to see that the Namekians are the final fighters from Universe 6?

On 4/1/2019 at 12:17 PM, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

To highlight how one note she is, Kefla is mostly Caulifa in looks and personality with few traits of Kale in her.

On 4/1/2019 at 12:33 PM, Wraith said:

For me I just wanted more personal development from Kale before her personality got buried by Kefla. 

Now that I've actually seen it, yeah, I couldn't help but notice that. 

Which may or may not be part of why Kefla felt kinda eh.

On 4/1/2019 at 12:33 PM, Wraith said:

They just weren't the focus of the arc, which was a letdown because most of the characters the actual arc wanted to focus on were far less interesting.

I see I wasn't the only one in hindsight.

Except that's extra poor in my case since Caulifla kinda falls near the lower half of that sentiment.

Combed through previous back pages looking at impressions of the Tournament up to till the point where the dub is now over the last two days. Interesting/Funny to see the speculation & theories and stuff that was going down back then.

I also ended up seeing what the next episode is about. Uh, woops.

Ah well, it's not like Dr. Who didn't answer a question of mine that's part of it, nor another person previously alluded to the theme of the episode.

That's kinda the thing with this arc/show among others for me, though--I'm experiencing a sizable chunk of this stuff for the first time and much of the finer points are very Rosebud to the point that people just casually mention some of it at times. To say nothing of Youtube videos and sometimes TVTropes alluding to if not outright showing it. Oy.

I've also skimmed pieces of the episode list at one point or another just to see how far into the arc I am. And iirc, this is over at episode 138 or something, with the next episode being 117 or 118--which means there's about 20 episodes of wrapup headed my way, non?

I looked over this chart someone made after Frost made his move and noticed a couple of thingsMJip8zw.png&key=84cf633c953cb7a588bd2d715e666989ebb7da098149bad768f590bac10d8a30

Were the bug and Damon shown in like a magazine or something ahead of time?

Also, what happened to the guy with the rose and the guy that presented the robots to Lord Mosco?

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I looked over this chart someone made after Frost made his move and noticed a couple of thingsMJip8zw.png&key=84cf633c953cb7a588bd2d715e666989ebb7da098149bad768f590bac10d8a30

Were the bug and Damon shown in like a magazine or something ahead of time?

Also, what happened to the guy with the rose and the guy that presented the robots to Lord Mosco?

Nigrishi of Universe 3 who presented the robots was swatted out by Cabba without a second thought.

The Universe 4 guys were a secret until the episode they were dealt with.

11 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Nigrishi of Universe 3 who presented the robots was swatted out by Cabba without a second thought.

That's kinda weird. And Jirasen? 

11 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

The Universe 4 guys were a secret until the episode they were dealt with.

That's what's weird about this chart: it seems to already know them despite that. 

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

That's kinda weird. And Jirasen? 

That's what's weird about this chart: it seems to already know them despite that. 

He was beaten by Ribrianne, who hit him when she missed Vegeta in her spin attack. Also Universe 10, so wiped.

The show has finished in Japan for about a year. If this thing is new then they will have access to all the stuff Japan had already shown, including the unseen fighters.

3 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

He was beaten by Ribrianne, who hit him when she missed Vegeta in her spin attack. Also Universe 10, so wiped.

Oh that's right, okay.

Funny how they were showcased in a similar fashion as Cabba and Monna(who I should talk about at some point,granted) only to be swatted with little fanfare. Ah well. 

3 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

The show has finished in Japan for about a year. If this thing is new then they will have access to all the stuff Japan had already shown, including the unseen fighters.

Hm, that would make sense. 

Only problem is I found that image while digging through reactions here up till last night's episode. 

Holy shit, this is some massive news - Dragon Ball is finally returning to UK TV!

Dragon Ball Super starts airing on Freeview tomorrow on Pop UK, airing a new episode every single day for the foreseeable future. Virgin TV's listings already list from Episode 1 right up to Episode 76 as airing on Pop.

On 6/30/2019 at 10:02 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Holy shit, this is some massive news - Dragon Ball is finally returning to UK TV!

Dragon Ball Super starts airing on Freeview tomorrow on Pop UK, airing a new episode every single day for the foreseeable future. Virgin TV's listings already list from Episode 1 right up to Episode 76 as airing on Pop.

Oh, false alarm. I thought you meant back as in the next arc.

Still, nice to hear that for ya'll.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What are y'all looking forward to when it comes to some of this arc's characters?

I gotta say, I enjoyed the last two episodes. You can tell they're hitting the fast forward button, given they eliminated 2 universes simultaneously here. But yeah, something about the animation and the way the fights go down felt somewhat exciting. 

As I mentioned before, I'm also sorta pleased the last fighters weren't Caulifla, Ribrianne, or Kale. Though it was a bit of a missed opportunity that Zirlion, Rabanra, and Zarbuto didn't quite get unique outfits for their transformations. It also sorta shocked me that Gohan and Piccolo's portion of the episode ultimately felt like something of a B story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Also thought this last episode with Universe 4 elimination missed opportunity to have Sorrel and other characters get second chance. In fact, sorta surprised this was one episode.

Also, who was doing the actual hitting?