Jump to content
FourCartridge

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

Recommended Posts

New chapter got leaked early, and we find out what Moro's third wish was.

 

Spoiler

Moro wished for all the prisoners of the Galactic Patrol to be released. All of them, from every outpost, from the most recently imprisoned to the ones that have been in there for as long as time itself just like Moro. They're all free.

 

I don't know how this benefits Moro directly aside from the good ol' Fuck You, but this means all of Universe 7 is about to be utter chaos, just like Earth was when King Piccolo decreed that all crime was legal and freed Earth's prisoners.

 

This does bring up the convenient opening for future sagas though. Any future villain can be explained away for why he waited so long to act by just saying he was a prisoner of the Patrol until recently. And who knows, maybe some of these escaped prisoners will join up with Freeza and bolster his ranks.

 

 

This also puts a considerable strain on Universe 7's standing with the Omni-kings and the Grand Priest. If these escapees are going to take this opportunity to cause hell, it can drop 7's quality in the eyes of the other universes like a stone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the latest chapter and have to say I'm just not feeling it at this point. Goku and Vegeta are being fairly boring, Moro has no charisma that appeals to me, the missed joke opportunity with

Spoiler

Jaco being involved with saving Goku and Vegeta

and the use of the wish in general. It feels emotionless and flat too me and I can't put my finger on why. I loved the Super anime but the manga has been nothing but disappointing to me since the lead up to Goku getting UI. Maybe I just don't enjoy Toyotaro's way of handling things since I still prefer Toriyama's original Manga to its anime adaption by a long shot. Maybe next chapter will do something interesting with Vegeta though I kind of doubt I'll like anything I see at this point. I'm feeling so biased by my disappointment I'm being cynical from the outset before even seeing anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking about reading the manga myself for a little while, since I know where I can get my hands on it. Specifically jumping straight to the Universal Survival Arc since I know things are handled quite different there(and in the Trunks arc, but I know that didn't pan out well).

Possibly as a bide while I wait for the dub to finish(not that the last few episodes haven't picked up).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So while I'm presumably another three weeks from it, I just thought of an interesting question: Is Jiren constantly using a form of Ultra Instinct or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally reach Top the Destroyer. Question: I recently started reading parts of the manga. Was the fact that Belmod had trained Top as his successor mentioned earlier in the anime? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Finally reach Top the Destroyer. Question: I recently started reading parts of the manga. Was the fact that Belmod had trained Top as his successor mentioned earlier in the anime? 

It was revealed in an issue of Vjump released just before the Zen Expo (the Boo, Gohan, and Goku vs U9 mini arc), however up until this episode the anime itself made no mention of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 8ther said:

It was revealed in an issue of Vjump released just before the Zen Expo (the Boo, Gohan, and Goku vs U9 mini arc), however up until this episode the anime itself made no mention of this.

Oh okay. I noticed Khai and Beerus seemed to be treating it as a revolutionary reveal, whereas the manga just has Belmod introduce him as such right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I'm not that far into the context just yet, but wtf is going on with Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel?

Well your familiar with the Vic Mignogna situation right? Well his defenders online pulled out some weird audio bloopers where (in character) you hear an orgy with Kami, Mr Popo, Yamcha, Piccolo and Guru. Other bloopers include Goku saying Gohan dresses like a f**, Chi Chi having sex with Gohan, Mr Satan showing a crowd his cock and Krillin talking about women. It reaks of edgy mid 2000's humour. 

Though in the actual case, Sabat has been said to have asked for sexual favours for roles and bullying people who say no. Former Gohan Stephanie Naldony said as much, as well as Chuck Huber (Android 17).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Well your familiar with the Vic Mignogna situation right? Well his defenders online pulled out some weird audio bloopers where (in character) you hear an orgy with Kami, Mr Popo, Yamcha, Piccolo and Guru. Other bloopers include Goku saying Gohan dresses like a f**, Chi Chi having sex with Gohan, Mr Satan showing a crowd his cock and Krillin talking about women. It reaks of edgy mid 2000's humour. 

 

Yeah, I eventually tracked down and listened to that. The Kami one is the only one I find weird, given how extensive it is. The others are clearly bloopers and/or them messing around midread--outtakes, in other words.

2 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

 

Though in the actual case, Sabat has been said to have asked for sexual favours for roles and bullying people who say no. Former Gohan Stephanie Naldony said as much, as well as Chuck Huber (Android 17).

 Oh.... That I did not see. 

...Damnit. 

EDIT: Apparently, these guys had something against Vic for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chuck Huber exclusively accused Chris Sabat of firing or refusing to hire women that wouldn't sleep with him, alongside defending Vic on his much larger number of much better substantiated accusations. He also said multiple strange things like Sabat being the "de-facto manager" of Funi, even though his studio is independently contracted by Funi, meaning they aren't even employees, and Sabat's influence on casting decisions is seemingly minimal. He's also a flat-earthing christian fundie, for what it's worth. Nadolny has not made any official statement, Vic stans have only speculated that she was one of Sabat's supposed "victims", despite numerous Funi and ex-Funi staff saying no such thing went on. Her twitter account was seen liking pro-Vic stuff despite liking anti-Vic stuff earlier in the year, and she has seemingly messaged Rial to say she is not in control of her twitter account.

It's also become more common knowledge that Nadolny was removed from the series partially due to her multiple criminal charges, which we've known about for years.

I think it's important to not listen to misinformation from people like Yellowflash or Rekieta or Perfection or any number of the Vic defense squad, and certainly nobody from the doxxing forum currently attacking his detractors. There is substantial proof that Vic is a sexual predator, and even if not, there is proof enough that Rial, Marchi and Toye were justified in identifying him as such, and Funimation having probable cause to fire him. That's all true, it's on the public records and in the courtroom. There is not even a single person claiming to be a victim of what Huber alleges here, let alone proof any of it happened. You can bet that if everyone calling Vic a creep was unable to actually name a single victim I would be less willing to believe them.

Huber also accidentally sabotages the case by confirming Vic's poor reputation among fans has existed for years and was not created by Rial, Toye and Marchi this year, meaning it's not much of a fucking defamation when he was already damaged.

The audio "leaks" here are years old, and have actually been around for years, discussed and apologized for by the cast at conventions. That doesn't justify or excuse hurtful language in the case of Schemmel, but it's important to remember here that the only reason they've been brought up and supposedly stigmatized is to create a false dichotomy between Vic's firing and everyone else staying. It is for no reason but to slander and attack everyone at Funi out of spite, for something that, if you have any knowledge of sexual assault, public figures, how celebrities abuse power, false accusations, power dynamics between victims and the public, or defamation suits, has a pretty fucking obvious answer.

 

It should be telling that once this case's documents first got released the entirety of law twitter not only deconstructed how incompetent Vic's legal team was (and still do), but many were also convinced of the man and his team's obvious underhanded behavior just from what's been said in the depos and affidavits, despite having no prior knowledge of the anime community. There is no way for Vic to be innocent without breaching conspiracy theory, and it should come as no shock that the crazy people in his gang would make a completely baseless accusation of their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was gonna bring up that there is at least one potential piece from a few years back, but I'm done the searching.

That aside, can I just say that I've been drained by this sorta thing already? Anybody else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well about 75% of his case got dismissed this morning (the rest almost certainly to come within the end of the month) so by October all you'll have to deal with is angry reactionaries claiming the law is biased and evil liberal sjews payed off the judge. And as it happens, most of those people don't actually care about anime, just winning the so-called "culture war" with progressives. They'll slink back into their usual holes and out of these communities soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Well about 75% of his case got dismissed this morning (the rest almost certainly to come within the end of the month) so by October all you'll have to deal with is angry reactionaries claiming the law is biased and evil liberal sjews payed off the judge. And as it happens, most of those people don't actually care about anime, just winning the so-called "culture war" with progressives. They'll slink back into their usual holes and out of these communities soon enough.

If Funimation is gonna be fine, what will happen to Chuck Huber? He kinda pointed the finger at them, would he be kept? I'd be a bit sad to see him go, always liked his Android 17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This entire thing is a mess top down. Regardless im still a Vic fan. Always have always will be. I enjoy seeing the huge lines that form to see him at cons still. Also do not care about the audio tapes as i mean seems a lot of stars do bad things in their past. Amazed how many people have done such things and simply apologize to get by it later.  I see Funi not living this down anytime seen judding by how many people comment constantly lately on the tapes on their twitter and fb post.  Heck i still want vic to voice broly honestly in the case of fighter z.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

This entire thing is a mess top down. Regardless im still a Vic fan. Always have always will be. I enjoy seeing the huge lines that form to see him at cons still. Also do not care about the audio tapes as i mean seems a lot of stars do bad things in their past. Amazed how many people have done such things and simply apologize to get by it later.  I see Funi not living this down anytime seen judding by how many people comment constantly lately on the tapes on their twitter and fb post.  Heck i still want vic to voice broly honestly in the case of fighter z.

You may as well nix that, there is next to ZERO chance he will ever be voicing anything ever, let alone Broly.

Pretty sure nobody is going to want to contract with somebody who attempted to sue their former employees on the flimsiest of charges and that's not even going into his already ruined reputation.

 

His voice acting career is over basically lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

It's also become more common knowledge that Nadolny was removed from the series partially due to her multiple criminal charges, which we've known about for years.

I googled it and found nothing. What kind of criminal charges? I'm intrigued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

If Funimation is gonna be fine, what will happen to Chuck Huber? He kinda pointed the finger at them, would he be kept? I'd be a bit sad to see him go, always liked his Android 17.

Not sure honestly. Testifying against them in court certainly wouldn't make him look good but there aren't any complaints about him the way there were with Vic.

26 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I googled it and found nothing. What kind of criminal charges? I'm intrigued.

DUIs, and at least one for petty theft. I think the records got posted in the Kanzenshuu Vic topic not long ago. I'm at work right now so I'm not gonna check myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

You may as well nix that, there is next to ZERO chance he will ever be voicing anything ever, let alone Broly.

Pretty sure nobody is going to want to contract with somebody who attempted to sue their former employees on the flimsiest of charges and that's not even going into his already ruined reputation.

 

His voice acting career is over basically lol.

Lol I can blindly dream ha. He will never be hired under funimation again but is his career really over? Or his rep? He still has a ton of fans that pour out to see him both Males and female https://mobile.twitter.com/vicmignogna/status/1166083634425737221/photo/3

But I dont expect him at anything funi is at though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t been following the Funimation vs Vic drama closely, what do you guys make of the Accusations by Chuck about Sabat asking for sexual favors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 8ther said:

I haven’t been following the Funimation vs Vic drama closely, what do you guys make of the Accusations by Chuck about Sabat asking for sexual favors?

I make a face or simultaneous bummed disappointment and "yet-another-period-instance-of-people-having-done-this-old-shit."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 8ther said:

I haven’t been following the Funimation vs Vic drama closely, what do you guys make of the Accusations by Chuck about Sabat asking for sexual favors?

Not surprised in the slightest. Should be interesting going forward to see if anything develops of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna be a whole lot of development so long as the number of victims stays at 0. I can't help but not trust Huber's word alone, since he's showed up to specifically defend Vic, they were in their Star Trek fan series together, are both fundies, and have together said more than a couple things we know are untrue.

Also here's tacit admission that the facebook DMs Huber cites as his source on this were basically fabricated by the doxxing forum following this whole mess. This is also the primary source for the realization that most of Vic's supporters don't actually care about him, DBZ, or anime, and are more concerned with a phony "culture war" (also known as "waaaah they're not letting me act like a cock anymore curse you liberals") with the ess jay double yous and feminism then they are anything that has to do with this case. A victory for the defendants here is a loss for sexual assault, and given that these dudes are all emotionally-stunted 20-30 something incel shut-ins, they can't possibly have that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.