FourCartridge

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The amount of wtf on display is staggering

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsFRonykqjs

I mean in all fairness, there's no reason to expect much from the anime anyway - Super Dragon Ball Heroes - as an entity in of itself is simply an excuse to pile on tons upon tons of fan service, and it does an amazing job with it. The Promotional Anime is essentially much of the same - fan service and very little substance other than that. It's more often than not simply excuse plots to justify the fan-service. Even with the first arc, it was essentially just an excuse to have SSB Goku and SSJ4 Goku fight each other, resulting in a SSJ4 Vegito fusion, and a LSSJ Rage Goku. 

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean in all fairness, there's no reason to expect much from the anime anyway - Super Dragon Ball Heroes - as an entity in of itself is simply an excuse to pile on tons upon tons of fan service, and it does an amazing job with it. The Promotional Anime is essentially much of the same - fan service and very little substance other than that. It's more often than not simply excuse plots to justify the fan-service. Even with the first arc, it was essentially just an excuse to have SSB Goku and SSJ4 Goku fight each other, resulting in a SSJ4 Vegito fusion, and a LSSJ Rage Goku. 

If this is fanservice, I don't comprende this fetish.

golden_meta_cooler_by_obsolete00_dd9zub4-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0yNTk5IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZDhiZjQ5ZWItZjAxZC00ODUxLTgxMGEtNmFhNmZjMzE3MTA3XC9kZDl6dWI0LTIyZjQ0NWM3LWJmZDEtNDJmMC05M2NlLWI0ZDhmM2NiNTVjYy5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTYwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.55yKZ7A2Qv3TaQV1eH-CEDsqIa_L7ZskRgmsADQ3GBg

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

If this is fanservice, I don't comprende this fetish.

golden_meta_cooler_by_obsolete00_dd9zub4-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0yNTk5IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZDhiZjQ5ZWItZjAxZC00ODUxLTgxMGEtNmFhNmZjMzE3MTA3XC9kZDl6dWI0LTIyZjQ0NWM3LWJmZDEtNDJmMC05M2NlLWI0ZDhmM2NiNTVjYy5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTYwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.55yKZ7A2Qv3TaQV1eH-CEDsqIa_L7ZskRgmsADQ3GBg

Fan-Service doesn't just refer to that kind of thing, fan-service is essentially just something that has been added to a piece of material in order to please fans, specifically to do that, even if it doesn't make sense.

I.E - for example - how the Emperor was randomly added to The Rise of Skywalker - he's one of the most beloved and iconic villains in history, and Ian McDermott is seen as the best thing in all of the prequels. Which is why Disney randomly bullshitted an excuse to revive him for TRoS, and had him spewing out beloved memes. 

It's the same thing with Heroes. It makes little to zero sense, but gets away on the very premise of just having these insane fusions, transformations, and everything else that fans think is just super cool. Super Saiyan 4 Vegito, Golden Cooler, SSJ3 Raditz/Nappa/Vegeta/Broly, Resurrected Merged Zamasu, Adult Gotenks, etc. That's the appeal of the series, it throws logic out the window to simply deliver the most insane, but also cool as fuck characters and fusions.

If there's anything I can appreciate about Heroes, it's the only place any of the old 90s Toei stuff still exists after all the "TORIYAMA IS LAW" garbage they've been shoving down our throats to accept anything like Dragon Ball Minus and all the stupid shit Super did.

It's too bad there's no actual thought put into it being coherent, so I can't say it really does anything for me beyond seeing that stuff, but that was never the point of Heroes.

How did I miss this?

On 7/14/2020 at 8:12 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Fan-Service doesn't just refer to that kind of thing, fan-service is essentially just something that has been added to a piece of material in order to please fans, specifically to do that, even if it doesn't make sense.

I was being metaphorical there.

I.E - for example - how the Emperor was randomly added to The Rise of Skywalker - he's one of the most beloved and iconic villains in history, and Ian McDermott is seen as the best thing in all of the prequels. Which is why Disney randomly bullshitted an excuse to revive him for TRoS, and had him spewing out beloved memes. 

It's the same thing with Heroes. It makes little to zero sense, but gets away on the very premise of just having these insane fusions, transformations, and everything else that fans think is just super cool. Super Saiyan 4 Vegito, Golden Cooler, SSJ3 Raditz/Nappa/Vegeta/Broly, Resurrected Merged Zamasu, Adult Gotenks, etc. That's the appeal of the series, it throws logic out the window to simply deliver the most insane, but also cool as fuck characters and fusions.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:06 AM, Zaysho said:

If there's anything I can appreciate about Heroes, it's the only place any of the old 90s Toei stuff still exists after all the "TORIYAMA IS LAW" garbage they've been shoving down our throats to accept anything like Dragon Ball Minus and all the stupid shit Super did.

It's too bad there's no actual thought put into it being coherent, so I can't say it really does anything for me beyond seeing that stuff, but that was never the point of Heroes.

That is true.

That said, my issue is less with most of that stuff(as weird as they get, they're fine in vacuums) and more how they quickly give up having any cohesion or sensibility about playing with those ideas.

Again, Captain Golden Mecha Cooler just randomly shows up fighting Cumber for two minutes before having a headache and bailing--not that long after we saw Cooler in his fifth form hanging around observing the Prison Planet conflict, mind--with ZERO introduction or context or even relevance to anything going on.

And I guess what simultaneously grounds everything and yet makes it worse is that they actually gave [Pimp] a motivation that's interesting and even a bit of backstory tying him into the Online characters. Which is pretty nice, until you factor in not only that myriad of stuff, but also how he himself sorta butted in and took over as the main villain from Fu.