Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

And the sad thing is a lot of people are actually believing this.

Why is it a sad thing that people want Z to return? Its been hinted ever since the Goku and his friends return special that we may be getting another series soon, it just wasn't clear on how "soon" it was.

Why is it a sad thing that people want Z to return? Its been hinted ever since the Goku and his friends return special that we may be getting another series soon, it just wasn't clear on how "soon" it was.

I want more Dragon Ball stories as much as the next guy, but what's sad is that people are quick to believe anything... even a non-credible image with a naked guy in it.

I don't expect everyone to know this, but it'd be really out of character for Toriyama to pick up Dragon Ball again. The man is incredibly lazy, and he only seems interested in the occasional one shot manga chapters and a movie/special here and there. He hasn't hinted at anything; if you heard otherwise, blame those that like to create rumors. As sad as it may be, Toriyama simply doesn't have the energy or will for another serialization.

Edited by MugiMikey

I want more Dragon Ball stories as much as the next guy, but what's sad is that people are quick to believe anything... even a non-credible image with a naked guy in it.

I don't expect everyone to know this, but it'd be really out of character for Toriyama to pick up Dragon Ball again. The man is incredibly lazy, and he only seems interested in the occasional one shot manga chapters and a movie/special here and there. He hasn't hinted at anything; if you heard otherwise, blame those that like to create rumors. As sad as it may be, Toriyama simply doesn't have the energy or will for another serialization.

Of course not, not on his own anymore. guy his age needs a team now with him being team leader, Toriyama has done enough to pioneer the shonen manga age, time for him to relax alittle and be producer and guide for a team.

Besides someone needs to be there to correct him when he tends to forget "small" details about his own canon.

uhh

Censored that for you.

Lol. Was that neccessary? After all, I think we have all seen a butt in our lifetimes there Sean. tongue.png Edited by goku262002

Just to get our collective excitement set and ready.

The latest Weekly Shonen Jump has provided the 8th Q&A with Akira Toriyama from the on going series of questions regarding the new Dragon Ball Z movie Battle of Gods. We have not posted any questions prior to this one but you can check them all out at Kanzenshuu. The latest question gets into the conclusion of Battle of Gods and if it can setup for a new series or another movie.

What is the meaning of that conclusion…?

"I suppose there might be a variety of impressions with regards to the battle’s conclusion…. As far as I’m concerned, I’ll be happy if I can get people to feel “an expansion into [something] afterwards”. Like, “Isn’t there still more to come?” (laughs)"

http://www.dblegends.com/2013/04/akira-toriyama-on-battle-of-gods-ending/

Place your bets on Toriyama clarifying this soon or not.

I don't know how to feel about it other than remember this is pretty much the same thing he said when he ended the manga back in '95.

Because of what happens in Battle of Gods, though, it certainly does suggest he has further explaining to do. Another movie is highly possible, but new manga chapters and anime episodes? Unlikely...

If there was a new anime, a good portion of existing fans that like the violence would probably tear it apart. It'll have Kai's level of censorship, if not worse due to Japan's strict TV standards. If it's not an adaptation of new manga material, people will probably dismiss it as another GT. Gah. D:

I was thinking the other day, does the appearance of a new poweful enemy and the Z fighters increase of power levels....make Uub stronger than he was before?

I mean, the whole reason why Goku entered the Martial Arts tournament was because Uub is stronger than all of them. But now that this new chapter has started, it would mean Toriyama unknowingly made Uub the strongest being in existance.

Well, when a new character is introduced, it wll inevitably be the new Most Powerful Thing In The Universe.

It's like the 1st Law of Dragon Ball: When a new being comes into existance, what was once The Most Powerful will be replaced by the new guy.

And the 2nd Law is: They will NEVER catch up if they're cursed with a name that isn't Goku.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Two things. One, Sean Schemmel has confirmed a DBKai rendition of the Buu Saga is on the way:

Tell us about some of the projects you have been involved in. What is your favourite project to date?

“Well of course, the Dragonball series has a special place for me in my heart, but there are other projects that were more “fun” for a number of reasons. Kappa Mikey comes to mind, which was a parody about anime. Recording both the audiobooks “Shit My Dad Says” and “I Suck At Girls” was a total blast to work on because those books are hilarious. But most recently getting to play Batman/Bruce Wayne in the iPad game Batman The Dark Knight Rises by Gameloft was really really thrilling. I consider it a major career highlight. I’m currently working Yugioh Zexal and I am about to finish the Buu saga for DBZ Kai.”

http://blog.audient.com/post/48600715385/sean-schemmel

Second, Norihito Sumitomo, the composer for the BoG soundtrack, has confirmed/leaked (a month ago) that the movie will be featured in over 40 countries across the globe:

At last, it’s the opening of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. The content has plenty to enjoy for children of course, but even adults, as well. It is truly a global-scale work, which (is/will be) shown in 40-plus countries around the world. By all means, please get yourselves out to the theater. You definitely won’t regret it. Please [check out] the soundtrack, too!

http://www.dblegends.com/2013/04/battle-of-gods-to-be-screened-in-over-40-countries/

So a lot of stuff to get excited for.

• Thumbs Up 4

If there was a new anime, a good portion of existing fans that like the violence would probably tear it apart. It'll have Kai's level of censorship, if not worse due to Japan's strict TV standards. If it's not an adaptation of new manga material, people will probably dismiss it as another GT. Gah. D:

Anime can still be pretty violent in Japan even with the censorship, and DBZ wasn't too far into the gore stuff but it did get edgy at times. and whatever can't be shown on TV can be DVD'd anyways.

Doubt we will see another GT in our lifetimes, that was a horrid mistake and fans will never let it down, hell BoG even make a small joke at GT's expense regarding pilaf.

And the 2nd Law is: They will NEVER catch up if they're cursed with a name that isn't Goku.

Well, at lest when it's Toriyama himself writing, it seems that Gohan also has that potential. But yeah, it seems that whenever Dragon Ball is written by anyone else it is indeed only Goku who counts.

Anime can still be pretty violent in Japan even with the censorship, and DBZ wasn't too far into the gore stuff but it did get edgy at times. and whatever can't be shown on TV can be DVD'd anyways.

What you said about the violence is true, however, Toei seems to like putting their cashcows in earlier timeslots because they get more viewers. One Piece is there, Toriko is there, and Dragon Ball Kai was there. That means no blood, no gaping wounds, things like that. Another problem is, with Japan, whatever is shown on TV is the uncut release. The only time I can think of Japan editing something for TV and having it uncut on the DVD release was an episode of One Piece that aired about five years ago. Sanji got stabbed in the back in the uncut version, but that scene was edited for the TV airing. There might be a few other instances like this, but it's the only one as far as I know.

No, it's actually pretty common for Japan to release uncut versions of anime, especially in things about fanservice but also with violence.

Oh? I didn't know that. Neat!

But as far as I know, Toei's shows don't work that way. What they create is intended for television, and what airs on TV is as uncut as it'll get. That's why Dragon Ball Kai's DVD/BD content is the exact same as what aired on Fuji TV.

Edited by MugiMikey

So about the movie, how is it doing?

Are fans saying it's good? How about box-office wise? Haven't really payed attention to the movie for the past month.

While I do hope Battle of Gods is good and does well, I honestly don't want another series.

It lost its steam after the Piccolo Jr. Saga for me.

That was Dragonball dude...

While I do hope Battle of Gods is good and does well, I honestly don't want another series.

It lost its steam after the Piccolo Jr. Saga for me.

Are you saying the entirety of DBZ is shit? tongue.png heheh!

Edited by MamboCat

The comic stayed good, and probably was at it's best after just after Piccolo Jr. But the cartoon became, well, Drag-On Ballz.

The comic stayed good, and probably was at it's best after just after Piccolo Jr. But the cartoon became, well, Drag-On Ballz.

And then Dragon Ball Kai came along and cut out most of the filler so it wouldn't drag on. And all was good if you discount the arguments over the censorship, voice casts and soundtracks.

• Thumbs Up 3

All this time and I still think Colleen Clickenbeard did a vastly superior Kid/Teen Gohan voice than Stephanie Nadolny could ever hope to accomplish.

• Thumbs Up 8

All this time and I still think Colleen Clickenbeard did a vastly superior Kid/Teen Gohan voice than Stephanie Nadolny could ever hope to accomplish.

Yeah, Gohan sounds a lot more natural now. Personally, I prefer the Kai FUNi dub cast in general over the old Z FUNi dub cast. The Kai voices in general sound less forced and more natural, imo.

Edited by Tomoki Sakurai
  • Thumbs Up 4