Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

The Malaysian dub is hilariously awesome. Better than FUNi and Ocean, actually.

Wait, I'm confused - aren't the Ocean Dub, Westwood Dub and "Big Green" Dub all one and the same? From what I've read it seems to be the case.

The Westwood dub is the Ocean dub, produced in Canada. The "Big Green" dub is something entirely different, which was produced in Europe.

Funimation has updated their Dragonball websites with new layouts.

dbzsite.jpgdbgtsite.jpg

http://www.dragonballz.com/

http://www.dragonballgt.com/

Typically, when Funi does this, it means there's some new releases about to be revealed. Battle of Gods worldwide release? Buu Saga for DBKai? New Budokai game? Dragonball Z Kai dub renditions of the first 13 Dragonball Z movies WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME BTW? Who's to say. But something may be coming soon.

It also seems like the character pages for the website include some new art for some of the characters. I haven't seen Supreme Kai's, and Android 17's art before. (Edit: Turns out Goku's is from Shin Budokai's boxart)

content-keyart-characters-supreme-kai.jp

content-keyart-characters-androids.jpg

Edited by Joshua

I never had a problem with any of the young Son Goku voices. Nadolny did a pretty good job with him, and Colleen did as well. Can't say that about Nadolny's Gohan, though; I, too, feel Colleen is better off as him.

And yeah, the English dub of Kai is vastly superior to FUNi's attempt at Z. The Kai dub isn't perfect, but it's definitely the best English dubbed material of the show there is.

I'm still so glad we have Chris Ayres as Freeza now. He's wonderful.

Anyway, this:

Dear lord, my sides...

Battle of Gods will be featuring overseas!

....Not the U.S. yet. Peru.

Diamond Films Perú and Cinescape have both confirmed that the new Dragon Ball Z movie Battle of Gods will be heading to Peru. With this news arriving we should hear more worldwide release dates soon, stay tuned. Here’s a quote from Cinescape.

http://www.dblegends.com/2013/05/battle-of-gods-coming-to-peru/

But with Peru of all places getting the film, there's almost no doubt the U.S. will confirm a showing as well, and soon.

In the meantime, BoG comes out on DVD in Japan in September.

Japanese blog http://macgy.blog.so-net.ne.jp has stated that the new Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods movie will release on DVD and Blu-ray on September 13th 2013. It also lists a special limited edition copy.

So there's something Japanese-fluent folks can snag early.

Edited by Joshua

All I wish for is that the Japanese version of Battle of Gods will see it's way into the internet, and with some kind soul adding subtitles.

It was reported that Peru would get the movie. Now Mexico has official confirmation.

We recently reported that Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods will be coming to theaters in Peru as well as Argentina, Chile, Brazil and Mexico. We now have confirmation that the new DBZ movie will come to theaters in Mexico. Cinepolis posted the following:

¡Alerta Super Saiyajin!

Dragon Ball: La Batalla de los Dioses llega a Cinépolis.

Espérala SÓLO aquí.

Super Saiyan Alert!!

Dragon Ball: Battle of Gods comes to Cinepolis.

Wait for it only here.

Update: Good news! It has now been stated that the movie is slated to release either August or September 2013, October at the latest.

Regarding the theatrical release, is expected to become effective in countries with the sublicense of Diamond Films in August or September of 2013 (including Mexico, where a chain was publishing its premiere in 2014). In the case of a possible delay in production would not launch until October of this year.

There is talk about it getting dubbed with the original voice cast from that region. Here’s another quote from Diamond Films Mexico concerning the release.

Thank you very much to everyone for your comments regarding the new movie “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods”. We would like to inform you that your petition to have the movie dubbed with the original voice cast has been notified to the directors of this distribution throughout Latin America.

We’ve only received a notification about the movie’s distribution. Soon we’ll get organised with all the petitions we received.

http://www.dblegends.com/2013/05/battle-of-gods-coming-to-peru/

Country by country, confirmation is coming. It won't be long until the US gets that confirmation too, hopefully.

Edited by Joshua

Eh, I'm happy for you Mexican guys. Still, I can't help but think that even if movie was released here, in Italy, they'd have to change the voice of Goku, since his Italian voice actor died years ago, just after the end of GT and the dub of Movie 13. 

So there's going to be a LA spanish dub...but they'll mostly sure use the Kai cast that has more miss than hits (And most of the good ones are the few they kept from the old cast...)

There are now reports of what FOX has to say about the international release of the movie.

TOM: Are plans being made as to when Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods will be released in North America, Europe, and other foreign areas?

20th Century Fox: Well…We can’t be definitive, but the movie may be released in other areas around July or August. We want to distribute the movie in Asia, North America, South America, and Europe. The movie’s theater run in Japan is coming to its end, and we are on the verge of working out the appeal and distribution to overseas markets. That is the timing.

TOM: I see. Thank you for the valuable information. By the way, currently in Japan the movie has become a huge hit with close to 3 billion yen in box office revenue (as of May 28). Was this favorable result anticipated from the beginning?

20th Century Fox: Because this is the first new movie in 17 or 18 years, it was really difficult to project what the box office earnings would extend to. Certainly, there is an established fanbase, so we thought we could predict the number to that degree. Even still, we surely hadn’t anticipated the overwhelmingly enthusiastic support the movie has received so far from everyone. We are astonished that breaking through 3 billion yen is close at hand.

TOM: Could you please tell us this movie’s points of interest?

20th Century Fox: That would be the two original characters who appear in this movie [The God of Destruction, Bills; and Uis]. This is a pleasant development in regard to the fans, isn’t it? Another noteworthy point is that the original author, Mr. Toriyama, participated in writing the script. Certainly, “the true meaning of Dragon Ball” and “a canonized story” are depicted.

TOM: Hooray for Akira Toriyama! Excuse me for that unintentional cry of delight… Well then, lastly, please share some words to overseas Dragon Ball fans.

20th Century Fox: We and others engaged in this movie’s distribution strongly feel the high level of attention it has received from foreign countries. This movie is the first theatrical release in roughly 18 years (※1), but the content is very enjoyable. In order for everyone around the world to be able to enjoy this masterpiece created by Mr. Akira Toriyama and director Masahiro Hosoda, we will steadily advance overseas distribution and expansion. When the movie opens in your country, please go to the theater to see it.

http://www.dblegends.com/2013/06/fox-discusses-international-release-for-battle-of-gods/

Right now, this is merely a claim; FOX hasn't officially come out with news about it yet. For the movie to be ready by next month or the next sounds a little too quick, I think.

Edited by Doctor Toadley

They are probably just waiting on FUNi to dub an official announcement trailer or something....or waiting for DBZ Kinect 2 to cram it in as a 2 disc set. tongue.png

Anyone see the Limited JP edition of DBZ M14 BOG DVD set?:

boghomeleextras.jpg

Holy fucking hell all of my WANTS!!

So there's going to be a LA spanish dub...but they'll mostly sure use the Kai cast that has more miss than hits (And most of the good ones are the few they kept from the old cast...)

Did Argentina get the dub that was made in Mexico? I honestly think that most of the Spanish original cast is going to comeback for this movie. From what I remember, some of the problems that arose were that they were not offering a bigger salary for the voice actors and there was a fallout.

But, and correct me if I'm wrong, Dragon Ball Kai did not do good in Latin America with many tv stations taking it off the air and putting back the original Dragon Ball Z. If they are smart, then they will bring all the cast back for this movie.

There are now reports of what FOX has to say about the international release of the movie.

http://www.dblegends.com/2013/06/fox-discusses-international-release-for-battle-of-gods/

That's funny; DBLegends left out the fact that this was actually a phone interview. The fact that it was a phone interview makes me believe the legitimacy of this is slim to none. Especially considering the random representative's wording like "canonized story" and how well they seem to know the series' history it's likely just another fan making up stuff.

^ And apparantly filthy British plebs like me aren't allowed to see "this thing".

Boo.

Did Argentina get the dub that was made in Mexico? I honestly think that most of the Spanish original cast is going to comeback for this movie. From what I remember, some of the problems that arose were that they were not offering a bigger salary for the voice actors and there was a fallout.

But, and correct me if I'm wrong, Dragon Ball Kai did not do good in Latin America with many tv stations taking it off the air and putting back the original Dragon Ball Z. If they are smart, then they will bring all the cast back for this movie.

Yes, Latin America has the Mexico's dub for almost everything (There are very rare cases that only applied for some movies where other dubs were used)

And it's strange because CN is still airing Kai (I know because almost times I catch it when I come back from work around midnight fridays and saturdays. Maybe what you say actually happened in other LA countries but I don't know actually if they did.

And I really hope they bring the original cast. That Kid Gohan is godawful (Although he's not in the movie. Still...)

Yes, Latin America has the Mexico's dub for almost everything (There are very rare cases that only applied for some movies where other dubs were used)

And it's strange because CN is still airing Kai (I know because almost times I catch it when I come back from work around midnight fridays and saturdays. Maybe what you say actually happened in other LA countries but I don't know actually if they did.

And I really hope they bring the original cast. That Kid Gohan is godawful (Although he's not in the movie. Still...)

Oh I was wondering because I was shocked when I found many places did their own dub in Latin America, but for the most part also had the Mexican dub. Cartoon Network does broadcast Kai, but some local channels like Televisa (where Dragon Ball originally started) took it down and started airing the original dub. Other channels did the same.

I don't know how to feel about that "Rock the Dragon" set.

I mean, it's great for nostalgia's sake and the box is pretty. But when it comes down to it, it's nothing more than an inferior, chopped up release of the show that's already available uncut (even if it is the orange bricks) for cheaper... Plus, customers that won't know any better will be confused that there's nothing beyond episode 53, among other things.

Still waiting for DB Dragon Boxes and/or Battle of Gods instead.

Edited by MugiMikey

I see it this way, theres people who like that old dub of Z, they demanded for it and FUNi figured it was worth the investment to bring out a set just for those niche people. its pretty cool tbh because you don't get to see fanservice done like that everyday, FUNi could've just let these dubs rot to time but instead they aknowledged their existance and wanted to please their fans of this dub. Hopefully they go 1 step further and work with Ocean to get the Westwood episodes all released like this.

Didn't like the dub? ok cool, you have the orange boxes, dragon boxes, and Kai to forfill your favorite version of Z.

Yeah, FUNi did this type of thing before; they released the Dragon Boxes from beginning to end for sub-only fans, which was great. The problem isn't that I don't like this dub, it's that it has 17 year old edits that have aged and the show itself is unfinished.

I don't think they'll try to work with Westwood for the rest because FUNi wasn't nearly as involved then. Also, technically, with the FUNi/Ocean and Ocean/Westwood episodes compiled together, there's still content missing so they can't do a full release. They didn't dub the Namek, Freeza, or Garlic Junior arcs if I remember correctly.

Yeah, FUNi did this type of thing before; they released the Dragon Boxes from beginning to end for sub-only fans, which was great. The problem isn't that I don't like this dub, it's that it has 17 year old edits that have aged and the show itself is unfinished.

Fine thats YOUR opinion though, your not apart of the clicke that wants it.

I know, but I'm sure people that don't know any better will stumble upon this and be utterly confused because it's that niche. tongue.png I say this because I saw comments on Facebook and YouTube like "Aw yeah, I love Rock the Dragon. That's when DBZ rocked its hardest. But those voices are weird and I thought DBZ was longer than 53 episodes."

Anyway, like I said, this is neat for what it is. It's great that FUNi is trying to please every kind Dragon Ball fan in America. I just hope it won't throw too many people off like Kai did. I wonder if this'll be a limited run like the Dragon Boxes?

Edited by MugiMikey

Speaking of Funi

bogfuni.jpg

That's a poster for the theatrical release for Mexico. It's got Funi's logo.

Funi may have something planned for the US very soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

So about a week ago, I decided to start watching Dragon Ball Z for the first time, starting with the first episode. I thought I wouldn't bother to go past the first 5 episodes, but I've already reached the 47th episode. Good lord man, this show is amazing. I love it! I guess I've been missing out all of these years.

So about a week ago, I decided to start watching Dragon Ball Z for the first time, starting with the first episode. I thought I wouldn't bother to go past the first 5 episodes, but I've already reached the 47th episode. Good lord man, this show is amazing. I love it! I guess I've been missing out all of these years.

Its never too late to get into DBZ.

But I do wonder if anyone remembers how important DB was.

Its never too late to get into DBZ.

But I do wonder if anyone remembers how important DB was.

I'll start watching the original series once I'm finished with DBZ.

...Which might take a while considering that there are 291 episodes.