Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Speaking of Funi

bogfuni.jpg

That's a poster for the theatrical release for Mexico. It's got Funi's logo.

Funi may have something planned for the US very soon.

EDIT: let me correct that, the image is semi-Broken, it load fails most of the time but loads every once in a while. fix plz.

Edited by goku262002

Doesn't matter, we know they will get it eventually. I mean, theres no reason to port this over to the US now not like with the specials and their stupid licensing issues.

Yeah. I just don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

Probably 2014 or 2015, but hopefully the former.

Speaking of which, Has FUNi said anything recently about dubbing the specials? have we got a solid deny or at least a maybe that they would get dubbed?

They haven't said anything about it. I guess the specials are just going to be like Dr. Slump; forever with no dub but the only way they'll be touched upon is if things from them are in games. Sorta like how Arale and Tarble were in games and had English voices. The problem with the specials is that there's more than two companies involved and it makes properties a lot harder to acquire.

Man, I used to want a Dr. Slump dub so much back in the day...

Edited by MugiMikey

Okay, I must ask: at what point in the show does this happen?

tumblr_mm701bdRPF1ql4wx4o1_500.gif

I mean, I honestly don't remember seeing this!

It occurred during the humans' training with Kami in preparation for the Saiyans' arrival to Earth.

• Thumbs Up 3

They haven't said anything about it. I guess the specials are just going to be like Dr. Slump; forever with no dub but the only way they'll be touched upon is if things from them are in games. Sorta like how Arale and Tarble were in games and had English voices. The problem with the specials is that there's more than two companies involved and it makes properties a lot harder to acquire.

Man, I used to want a Dr. Slump dub so much back in the day...

Have these other companies shown interest in working on getting an american dub out there? or do FUNi and these other companies not get along?

Why would Dr. Slump never get a dub?

So wait, isn't that ZENKAI Battle Royale, the JP arcade game?

Okay, I must ask: at what point in the show does this happen?

tumblr_mm701bdRPF1ql4wx4o1_500.gif

I mean, I honestly don't remember seeing this!

I don't remember it either :o

That might be the result of spending a lot of time high up in a tower only with an ancient talking cat...

Remember that Bonus Disc that came with Budokai Tenkaichi 3 which contained the bits and pieces of the Top 10 fights of DBZ and DBGT, as decided by the fans?

Funimation's trying that out again, by making a DVD compilation of the Top 7 fan-picked fights with Goku and Vegeta.

Win or lose, there’s no denying that Goku and Vegeta are the greatest warriors the universe has ever seen. We’ve witnessed them grow from skilled fighters into almighty Super Saiyans. In honor of their greatest battles, we’re going right to the source and letting you, the fans, pick the best fights for a new line of upcoming DVD releases. Help us decide, once and for all, the absolute best Goku and Vegeta fights in the Dragon Ball Z franchise by voting for your favorites. The seven fights with the most fan votes will be chosen to create the most non-stop, action-packed Dragon Ball Z release you have ever seen!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K5XQT6C

Filler such as Goku vs. Pikkon is included, widening the selections a bit. There's some choices there that are also a bit...questionable. Goku fought Android #20? That one, single punch? ._. And Vegeta vs. Guldo could hardly be considered a fight.

Anyway, depending on which fights are picked, such a DVD would be 30 minutes long at the least and 70-90 at the most. So maybe the price of such a DVD will be scaled to match.

shame SSJ2 Gohan vs. Perfect Cell isn't included. That's the best fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why only Goku vs Vegeta? They had only 2 good fights and that's about it. Two guesses on which ones they are.

I mean the Dragonball series has plenty of awesome fights and Goku vs Vegeta isn't the highest point of the series. Fans love them yes but fuck, that fight between Gohan and Cell gotta be the best.

And personally I loved the Gotenks vs Super Buu fight because of how ridiculous it got.

Why only Goku vs Vegeta? They had only 2 good fights and that's about it. Two guesses on which ones they are.

I mean the Dragonball series has plenty of awesome fights and Goku vs Vegeta isn't the highest point of the series. Fans love them yes but fuck, that fight between Gohan and Cell gotta be the best.

And personally I loved the Gotenks vs Super Buu fight because of how ridiculous it got.

Its because Goku & Vegeta have had the longest lasting rivalry, and they're most marketable characters in the entire franchise.

Goku vs. Arqua and Vegeta vs. Cui, of course, but c'mon, we gotta give the other fights some time under the sun, right?

.......Cui was a fight?

So these are a bunch of Best Ofs then right? nothing to really invest in unless your diehard?

.......Cui was a fight?

It's a better fight than the 5 seconds of decapitation -> blast to oblivion the Vegeta vs. Guldo fight was.

So these are a bunch of Best Ofs then right? nothing to really invest in unless your diehard?

It depends on what they plan to do with putting the fights in. If it's a simple copy-paste like the BT3 Bonus Disc was, then save your money. If the fights have DBKai visual and voice quality, including the Buu fights if they're there (which is a reason why 4 of my 6 picks were from that saga), then it might be worth consideration. If they are given a full HD current-era animation like the Dragon Soul openings were, you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not getting this DVD.

But we don't know in what way these fights will be formatted yet.

Edited by Joshua

BTW Cinepolis of Mexico are announcing through their Facebook that the movie is going to come out September 27. I would put the images and link but for some reason SSMB is not letting me put links :/

• 2 weeks later...

Uh... so Dragonball is "back" in a sense of speaking apparently.

It's being tied-in with Toryiama's new series.

As said by Shonen Jump

Akira Toriyama-sensei’s First New Series in 13 Years is “Jaco the Galactic Patrolman”
The shocking revival of “Dragon Ball”! In celebration of the 45th anniversary, the superstar returns!
A mysterious space alien comes from a far-off galaxy, Jaco!! What’s his true identity?!

So it's set in the same universe like Dr. Slump? I can dig that.

I think that's probably the ideal way to "continue" the story of Dragon Ball, since its setting allows for basically whatever sci-fi or fantasy elements you want, and Toriyama clearly wasn't interested in writing about Goku et al for another full series.

So it's set in the same universe like Dr. Slump? I can dig that.

I think that's probably the ideal way to "continue" the story of Dragon Ball, since its setting allows for basically whatever sci-fi or fantasy elements you want, and Toriyama clearly wasn't interested in writing about Goku et al for another full series.

Well yes it does. I still remember the episode of Dragon Ball were both Goku and Arale met

• 2 weeks later...

adultgotenks.jpg

So now with Adult Gotenks covered by Dragonball Heroes, do we have official art for every DBZ mega-popular what-if scenarios now?

Edited by Tyranno Hassleberry

I don't think there's any official art of Gokule or Cellin. But then I'm not the biggest DBZ nerd ever.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

• 1 month later...

So the trailer for the Latin American release of the movie has been making the rounds lately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn0_qnfsrfc

It's a shame the voice actor that voiced Master Roshi died and that Laura Rodriguez (the voice of young Goku/Gohan and Goten) was not confirmed for the movie. Can't wait to see it in movie theaters!