Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I agree that it sucks that Goku always steals the glory, at least Gohan kind of got his moment of glory on the Cell saga, but Gotenks (it seems Im the only one that likes him, hes a brat but hes supposed to be that, just a kid having fun), Gohan, Vegeta all of them shafted in favour of Goku :l

I quite like the design of that purple alien thingie, I actually thought of him/it? as a jackal, seeing he has an egyptian theme, kind of like Anubis, at least in my opinion, he does seem like a bunny depending on how you see him xD.

• 4 weeks later...

Storyline revealed

The story is set several years after the battle with Majin Buu. Bills, the god of destruction who has maintained the balance of the universe, has awakened from a long slumber. Hearing rumors of a Saiyan who defeated Frieza, Bills comes looking for Goku. Excited that a powerful opponent has appeared after so long, Goku ignores King Kai's advice and challenges Bills in a battle. However, Goku is no match for Bill's overwhelming god-like power and is easily defeated. Bills leaves after uttering an ominous message, "Is there anyone on Earth more worthy to destroy?" Will Goku and the others really be able to stop the God of Destruction?

So many "Bill Nye The Science Guy" and "Dollar Bills" jokes to make, so little time.

Story sounds alright, we've had worse plots before.

Everything always seems to come back to Freeza, lol. Tarble heard rumors of a Saiyan killing Freeza, so he asked for help to defeat Abo and Cado. Now Bills has heard of a warrior who took down Freeza more than ten years ago and is looking for a challenge. Since he took down a certainly-more-powerful-than-before Goku easily, it's weird Bills would be interested in the one who beat Freeza.

Comparing him to Cell would be ridiculous, since Cell was only around to be known by the world for only about 2 weeks, but considering Bills's long slumber, you would think he would have known about Majin Buu, and so would make a better comparison with him. Ah well.

Edited by Joshua

I wonder it in what creative way Vegeta will get curb stomped this time.

I wonder how badass Piccolo will think he is before also getting his ass kicked.

I wonder how useless Gohan will be.

I wonder how ineffectual the rest of the cast will be.

I wonder how long we will have to wait until everyone inevitably gives all their energy to Goku and he saves the day.

So many questions!

Edited by TheScroogenator
  • Thumbs Up 9

I wonder it in what creative way Vegeta will get curb stomped.

I wonder how badass Piccolo will think he he before also getting his ass kicked.

I wonder how useless Gohan will be.

I wonder how ineffectual the rest of the cast will be.

I wonder how long we will have to wait until everyone inevitably gives all their energy to Goku and he saves the day.

So many questions!

Wow. you pretty much summed up everything I despise about Dragon Ball in a few sentences.

• Thumbs Up 2

To be fair, it wasn't ALWAYS like that, everyone had a chance to be badass....except Yamcha.

Well, Yamcha was pretty badass in OG Dragon Ball...

If Bills can beat Goku at I assume SSJ3 then why would he be impressed by him beating Frieza?

I've always wanted to see a special about Broly right after he gets killed in Second Coming (screw bio-broly). with him causing a ruckus frackus in Hell and Goku and Pikkon going to calm him down and discovering that he has beaten the shit out of the Ginyus, Frieza, King Cold and even Cell and threatens to break himself loose outside of Hell. I always imagined that battle being how Goku pulled off SSJ3 to finally surpass Broly and finish him... But that's Just my fanfic lol

Well, Yamcha was pretty badass in OG Dragon Ball...

He never won a single fight...NOT A SINGLE FIGHT.

• Thumbs Up 1

The movie poster got retooled a bit.

DBZ-battle-of-gods.jpg

Goku's not looking too happy anymore. We also see that Mr. Satan swapped his brown fighting outfit for a gray one, and Krillin got a haircut.

There's also this picture.

1760ad2e427cb1a70709281fa559b9411354684640_full.jpg

Android 18, Oolong, even the Ox King of all people got new attire (Ox King looks like a fighter like he's supposed to be! Yay!).

Edited by Joshua

I like the Dragonball anime - it was cute and silly, and the Japanese theme tune is great. DBZ was just fucking ridiculous though (oooh swears! Is that allowed?! :B). I liked the animation style of the Saiyan/Vegeta Saga as it still somewhat resembles Dragonball - but by the time the Namek/Freeza Sagas start, we're already getting into balloon muscles and 20 minute screaming binges (I wonder if this is how StrongBad gets his idea of what a Japanese cartoon should look like...).

As for the dubs, I pretty much grew up (well I was a teen by then...) on the Ocean version and I loved Vegeta's original VA. He just sounded so unique... the newer version just made him sound like he smokes a lot of cigars!

One thing I did notice is that Dragonball gets away with much ruder/dirtier stuff that DBZ. Nude or bare-arsed Goku. Bulma's panties... Bulma in the shower... Roshi perving on Bulma... geez! As I'm watching it as an adult I don't mind the smut so much, but am I right in thinking this was once aired on Cartoon Network?! :D

Dragon Ball/Dragonballz is the Micheal Jordan of Anime. It was original, epic as fuck and spawned plenty of other great anime that came after. This will forever be my favorite Anime/TV show until the day I die

P.S Bruce Faulconer music and Funimation dubs/writing is the best I've ever heard in any Anime considering that it's pretty old.

Edited by Megabox!

I wonder if Android 18 will actually do something this time.

PFFFTAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That slaps me on the knee.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ugh, I still can't get used to Goku's Japanese voice.....why

It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Same here. Adult Goku has always sounded weird to me in Japanese because he's a grown man who still sounds like a child. It's just kind of jarring to me. I've always preferred Sean Schemmel because he actually makes Goku sound like his balls have dropped when he became an adult.

Edited by Tomoki Sakurai

Yeah, it was kinda cute when Goku was a kid. With him well into his middle age? Not so much...

Speaking of, I wonder if they gave Bardock an appropriate voice...

No, Bardock has the exact same voice as Goku if I remember. Also, the video's gone private.

He never won a single fight...NOT A SINGLE FIGHT.

Well he beat a few guys during the elimination rounds otherwise he'd never have made it into the tournaments. He also beat uh... He beat... ... Well he beat Recoome in otherworld... and... Well fuck.