Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I loved how Xenoverse danced around it."Ah, these events? Parallel timeline. Yes, that's what they are."

Because they are, Beerus basically said "nuh-uh fuck that, alternate universe."

So were back to the way DBZ ended as the canon ending instead of whatever the fuck they did with GT Goku. but seeing as these events are taking place before the final tournment the ending to DBZ may just well be very different now.

Y'know that I think about it, why can't these movies take place after DBZ? yeah the characters are older but doesn't mean that they are or aren't any stronger and its not like Goku flew off into space/heaven/whereeverthefuck it was with Shenron and came back as some sort of ghost god.

Would've been cool for Goku to come back from his training with Uub and fought beerus and still learn he wasn't the total master of everything like he thought he was.

• Thumbs Up 1

“Super Butōden 2″ Music to be Replaced in “Extreme Butōden” Bonus (KaiZEX)

Doubt allot of you played Super Butoden 2 but to those who have this is pretty unsettling, Toei is willing to go to any lengths to remove Kenji Yamamoto from its previous DBZ games.

A fucking SNES game? Wow, Yamamoto's a real black sheep now. Damn shame. Plagiarism aside, he could make some good music and had some great arrangements, so it sucks he couldn't compose for shit.

Well he did create his own tracks, just that the tracks he did plagiarize we'll never know whats his and whats stolen.

Shame though, wonder what they are going to replace it with? can't use Tenkaichi as their fallback.

Yeah, my understanding is that even when he plagiarized, he usually built it into something unique, but it was still obviously rooted in whatever he based his songs off of, so it is kind of hard. I'm guessing it's all his music from Super Butoden 2 that's gone? Even Kai still retains some of his music, at least the first episode and early Trunks/Android episodes. But that is pretty bad that ANYTHING the dude touched is now a no-go because of his practices.

Could be they'll replace with the music with what's in the new game unless they planned ahead and had new music composed especially for this re-release. The Yamamoto fiasco is a few years old at this point, so it's not like they wouldn't know they'd have to do this.

It's a shame about Yamamoto, because Unmei No Hi: Tamashii v. Tamashii was an original piece, and it was created for the sole purpose of using it in Gohan's SSJ2 transformation. Not even Goku's iconic SSJ transformation sequence got a song made specially for it.

Unmei no Hi could have made legendary status amongst image songs, but now its tethered to Yamamoto and his plagiarism. :/

It's a shame about Yamamoto, because Unmei No Hi: Tamashii v. Tamashii was an original piece, and it was created for the sole purpose of using in Gohan's SSJ2 transformation. Not even Goku's iconic SSJ transformation sequence got a song made specially for it.

[video snip]

Unmei no Hi could have made legendary status amongst image songs, but now its tethered to Yamamoto and his plagiarism. :/

Huh, I had no idea he was involved with that piece. Well... that sucks. It still exists on the Dragon Boxes, and the Orange brick sets, but those came out long before this stuff came to light. The song is only not present on the English dub track, but that's true of pretty much any vocal songs for the Dub w/ JPN music tracks since FUNimation started producing their home releases that way.

I guess we'll have to see what Toei does if they decide to remaster/re-release the original series again. If it is an original composition, it could be safe, but given they've done a lot to minimize/erase his mark on this series, it's hard to tell at this point. I suppose if someone has the newest FUNi BDs they could spot check to see if it's still intact on there, since those are the most recent releases after Yamamoto got the boot.

The song is just forgotten nowadays. Kai didn't even have it when the scene was spruced up.

The last we heard of the song is a really snazzy saxophone remix of it from Raging Blast 2.

But that's all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny thing , the Japanese version also includes the most infamous plagerised yamamoto song, Battle Point Unlimited.

Also Super Butoden 2 does include a known plagerized song. Cell's theme. Which is just One of These Days by pink Floyd.

Super Saiyan God, Hyper mode go! And here I thought old Vegeta would finally get a step up... then again I'm a bit disapointed that Yamcha and Chaozu got sidelined while blooming Roshi gets to look badass. 

After starting One Piece and seeing that it's pretty enjoyable I thought I'd start Dragon Ball. So 3 weeks ago I began watching and I'm now on episode 26 and the finals in the tournament are about to begin. Goku vs. Jackie Chun. XD

So far I like it. Master Roshi can be a bit too perverted at times though. And.. I dunno, the first saga had a lot of sexual "humour". I put it in quotes because I really don't find it funny and it rather makes me uncomfortable. :/ Especially when it's on the levels of the first few episodes. At least now they've toned down the "Bulma you whore*" and "Horny old man*" moments.

Now, from what I hear, when Z comes along all that gets thrown out the window. If that's the case I will vastly enjoy Z. Though I've also heard Z has a lot of "AAAAAAAAA" moments that take up a mass amount of time and filler galore. So I'm thinking of just watching Z Kai. Hopefully nothing of too much importance is left out. I have no plans to watch GT or any of the movies for the time being either.

Going back to the original Dragon Ball though.. I, uhh.. where and when do the Sayains come into play? Because Z seems so radically different from the original and.. yeah. Also that thing where the Dragon Balls can't be used for a year after the power has been drained is a pretty cheap way to extend the story. >:U Also my favourite parts so far had to be with that shortie bad guy whatever his name is and the dog and woman. In the end of saga 1 when it was them and Goku, Bulma and Yamcha plus the transforming animals (forgot their names too) I found it the most enjoyable and I hope a similar style of writing will be seen in later arcs. By that I mean little sexual humour and focus on action and character interaction. Oh and regular humour of course.

*That's the nickname I gave to certain scenes involving a lot of sexual humour.

The Saiyan thing starts on Z, until Dragonball ends, it's belived Goku is nothing but a human with weird powers.

Pilaf and his crew will disappear for the entirety of DBZ, they come back for Battle of Gods tho'.

So I recently got XenoVerse and as everyone knows I hate when DB media doesn't acknowledge the original series and XenoVerse takes the cake. Sure it's got unlockable costumes based on DB but Lol look ok.

The plot of XenoVerse is about Original The Villain trying to rewrite history by changing the events of key battles throughout Dragon Ball Z, but you know what would be the ULTIMATE history changer?

Stop kid Goku from hitting his head as a baby. That's it. That's all they have to do. It's the single biggest thing that could cause everything that could possibly go wrong in DB history to go wrong. But naaaah they didn't want to acknowledge DB! These kinds of extremely obvious or good ideas being totally ignored just because they're DB and not DBZ are among the things that annoy me most about DB games.

(Tenkaichi 3 is the only good DBZ fighting game)

So I recently got XenoVerse and as everyone knows I hate when DB media doesn't acknowledge the original series and XenoVerse takes the cake. Sure it's got unlockable costumes based on DB but Lol look ok.

The plot of XenoVerse is about Original The Villain trying to rewrite history by changing the events of key battles throughout Dragon Ball Z, but you know what would be the ULTIMATE history changer?

Stop kid Goku from hitting his head as a baby. That's it. That's all they have to do. It's the single biggest thing that could cause everything that could possibly go wrong in DB history to go wrong. But naaaah they didn't want to acknowledge DB! These kinds of extremely obvious or good ideas being totally ignored just because they're DB and not DBZ are among the things that annoy me most about DB games.

Uhh, a plot point here:

They wanted to steal the energy from the event and in turn it changed history and the outcome. I'm pretty sure DB fights didn't have the energy they were looking for.

Uhh, a plot point here:

They wanted to steal the energy from the event and in turn it changed history and the outcome. I'm pretty sure DB fights didn't have the energy they were looking for.

Look for a NPC called Percel. Spoilers below.

The reason why you never go to the DB era? It's because Percel is taking care of it. From TvTropes:

His era was the Dragon Ball Era (also known as the one era of Dragon Ball canon that got no representation), where Kami has merged with Piccolo, making Piccolo stronger than any warriors of that era, and is currently at war; his demons vs. the Red Ribbon Army's Androids. And, as if this wasn't enough, Babidi arrived to make matter's worse. And this man is handling all of it himself.

Now, if we actually got DLC where we help the guy, it would be so much awesome.

So basically the reason there's no DB rep is "plot devices"? Sounds awfully convenient that the developers just so happened to come up with an excuse to not have to include any DB rep huh. :')

• Thumbs Up 1

At least they're calling GT an "alternate timeline" in the game. The GT DLC is pretty good stuff too, at least.

It has a slight Dragon Ball option actually. In the first DLC pack you can get Goku GT right? Now each character has different selections to give them different moves. Goku GT has one that can go Super Saiyan, one that is Super Saiyan 3 and one that does not transform but has moves such as Power Pole combo, Rock Scissors Paper and even a reverse Kamehameha. So really, you are playing Dragon Ball Goku, he's just wearing the GT outfit (no idea why they couldn't make him in the orange but hey, maybe it's the one from that remake movie they did).

Actually that kind bugs me even more because it implies they're not going to do proper Kid Goku DLC haha :/

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually that kind bugs me even more because it implies they're not going to do proper Kid Goku DLC haha :/

Give me Arale.

I'd fucking love to have Arale as a mentor. She was in Dragon Ball, and she's from my favourite series by Toriyama. Please.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe they didn't add any Dragon Ball characters because they're underpowered as fuck compared to the DBZ ones hmmmm :V

Like for real, as much as loved using Roshi in Tenkaichi 3, you can't fly. Which is kind of a big deal when everyone else can.

You can play as Saibamen in the same game that has Super Saiyan 4 Goku, that didn't stop them from making Saibamen playable.

I honestly don't care how underpowered DB characters are, I just want to play as them anyway because I pretty much like them more than DBZ characters and they're an important part of DB history.

• Thumbs Up 3