Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Maybe they didn't add any Dragon Ball characters because they're underpowered as fuck compared to the DBZ ones hmmmm :V

Like for real, as much as loved using Roshi in Tenkaichi 3, you can't fly. Which is kind of a big deal when everyone else can.

You can make him fly with the right equipment. Its a shame it takes up a slot just for DB characters to fly.

Not being able to stay afloat isn't a bad thing though because they can avoid combos simply by standing around. It ruins the other characters' consistency a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can make him fly with the right equipment. Its a shame it takes up a slot just for DB characters to fly.

Not being able to stay afloat isn't a bad thing though because they can avoid combos simply by standing around. It ruins the other characters' consistency a bit.

Yeah this is true I can't count how many times I was saved from a combo because my DB chara was slowly descending and managed to avoid being in its line of fire B)

Maybe they didn't add any Dragon Ball characters because they're underpowered as fuck compared to the DBZ ones hmmmm :V

Also, just to be clear; let me introduce you to one of my favourite Dragon Ball characters. Most of Europe and Japan call him Mr. Satan. Thanks to some American magic, he's called Hercule there. He's in the game. And he's a mentor to boot.

I do like the different outfits from the Dragon Ball saga they gave us. Spike's clothes all day B)

You can play as Saibamen in the same game that has Super Saiyan 4 Goku, that didn't stop them from making Saibamen playable.

I honestly don't care how underpowered DB characters are, I just want to play as them anyway because I pretty much like them more than DBZ characters and they're an important part of DB history.

Well my philosophy is quality over quantity always, so I'm not too bothered by it honestly.

Well my philosophy is quality over quantity always, so I'm not too bothered by it honestly.

I agree, I'm not asking for quantity I'm just saying I'd rather have Dragon Ball be given its just dues than having 3 Frieza forms and Appule/Saibamen/Cell Jr./random Frieza soldiers playable.

I agree, I'm not asking for quantity I'm just saying I'd rather have Dragon Ball be given its just dues than having 3 Frieza forms and Appule/Saibamen/Cell Jr./random Frieza soldiers playable.

Wanting more characters for the sake of it tho is technically quantifying the game for the sake of it lol.

Wanting more characters for the sake of it tho is technically quantifying the game for the sake of it lol.

Again I didn't say "more for the sake of it" I said "don't you think Dragon Ball is a little more important to DB history than Saibaman/Cell Jr/Appule" :/

I seriously didn't say "I want more" at all, I never said that, all I've been saying this whole time is "Dragon Ball deserves proper acknowledgement and all the ways they conveniently ignore it is really frustrating".

Especially over GT and extremely minor villains who do get acknowledgement.

• Thumbs Up 1

Battle of Gods is free on Xbox Video right now, its the uncut 1:45:00 minute version.

Again I didn't say "more for the sake of it" I said "don't you think Dragon Ball is a little more important to DB history than Saibaman/Cell Jr/Appule" :/

I seriously didn't say "I want more" at all, I never said that, all I've been saying this whole time is "Dragon Ball deserves proper acknowledgement and all the ways they conveniently ignore it is really frustrating".

Especially over GT and extremely minor villains who do get acknowledgement.

To be fair, the game also skips over Dodoria, Zarbon, Android 19, Dr. Gero, Freeza's intermediate forms, Cell's first two forms (though Imperfect Cell is modelled and shows up briefly in a cutscene) and Android 16. While the lack of original DB stuff is disappointing, Xenoverse still has several notable characters missing from Z who should be implemented first, I think.

• Thumbs Up 2

As someone who likes the original series a lot more than Z (much better art style/writing/tone) I honestly just wish they'd hire someone competent to make a good Dragon Ball game. It's a lot more grounded (for the most part literally) so it'd be easier to make a traditional fighter with or base it around Naruto or something. 

It honestly sucks that DB gets like no recognition but eh.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well...they had a preview screening of Revival of F today in Japan. Some MAJOR plot spoilers follow.

Blue haired Super Sayain is real

uuRgoG9.jpg

It's the effect of what happens when you go Super Sayain after absorbing Super Sayain God Powers. So technically not a new form, but whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's the effect of what happens when you go Super Sayain after absorbing Super Sayain God Powers. So technically not a new form, but whatever.

HUH. So Toriyama has suddenly gone for the subdued style for that? Huh.

The Super Saiyan transformations have hit the full RYB colour model! I like the crystalized look.

Shame about Vegeta not being able to get the kill, but then again, the fact that Vegeta actually pushed Freeza into pulling a planet-killing hissy-fit again is a very big deal. The only reason Vegeta didn't win is because Freeza doesn't play fair, really. Goku got lucky last time. So I consider it a win for Vegeta.

Also... Whis travelling through time? Wait. Holy crap. I think they foreshadowed this in Xenoverse when Beerus and Whis went right to the Time Nest directly after chasing off Demigra.

Man, Vegeta just can't catch a break, huh? Not only does Goku steal his kill once again, but he also got the Earth destroyed.

Maybe next time, dude...

Bleh, I really would've liked to have seen Vegeta be the one to defeat the guy who enslaved him and his species for much of his life. I mean, Goku just got the ability to become a

god, give this man a chance!

It can depend on the costume Spin, some allow individual bits changed (one I know is Future Trunks Jacket) and others can't. It's very little that can get changed sadly.

That ending is lame. I hope they hint at Whis time abilities before hand because that just seems an ass pull.

lmfao at

Goku stealing Vegeta's kill

He's literally named after the planet Frieza blew up, he kinda earned it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly think just changing the Super Saiyan hair to blue and calling it a day is kind of lame and tacky. Seems something out of Dragon Ball AF fan fiction.

But oh well, it is Dragon Ball, so I guess it's expected at this point.

Well fuck, I started opening these spoilers because I thought they were talking about Xenoverse but they're about the movie. Quickly nope'd out of there.

Well fuck, I started opening these spoilers because I thought they were talking about Xenoverse but they're about the movie. Quickly nope'd out of there.

• Thumbs Up 1