Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Basically that, the effects of going SSG warped goku's SS state so he has a new Super Saiyan 1 form, but it is also stronger then normal super saiyan.

See it as this in terms of power:

Base > SS1 > SS2 > SS3 > New Base > SSGSS > SSG.

From what I've been reading around, yes. Goku absorbed power from SSG and adapted it to his super saiyan state but SSG remains the strongest form.

From what I got, Goku absorbed the energy from SSG to his normal body, same with Vegeta, so now they can train enough to be as strong as Bills, and now that Goku is a god, his SSJ state has blue color, it's not a new form or anything, it's just that now that he absorbed the SSG power, his SSJ form for some reason has blue hair.

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' Casts Chris Ayres as Frieza:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-25/dragon-ball-z-resurrection-f-casts-chris-ayres-as-frieza/.87533

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is pretty awesome. After watching Dragon Ball Z Kai, I think he's the perfect voice for the tyrannical space lizard that we all know and love (to hate).

• Thumbs Up 1

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' Casts Chris Ayres as Frieza:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-25/dragon-ball-z-resurrection-f-casts-chris-ayres-as-frieza/.87533

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is pretty awesome. After watching Dragon Ball Z Kai, I think he's the perfect voice for the tyrannical space lizard that we all know and love (to hate).

I'm honestly not surprised by the news; it was pretty much confirmed they were never going to write Freeza like they did in the old dub and Linda Young couldn't deliver what they wanted because of that. I personally disagree with that since she did fine from what I saw in Budokai 3 and Burst Limit, the scripts seem to reflect the intent of the Japanese version more (though her voice has gotten raspier over the years, which I think is part of the problem with her not being able to keep up with the scripts)... but Ayres is the perfect replacement, and I love how he brings back the sophistication of the character and how quickly he can drop it when Freeza cuts out the polite act. Honestly, I can't think of any recast in Kai I disliked, perhaps barring Colleen Clinkenbeard taking over for young Goku--her voice is fine for Gohan, but I loved the goofy, childish tone Nadolny brought to Goku. Actually, I'm a little in the middle on her take on 18, as well. I don't hate it, and I think it surprisingly sounds in line with Miki Ito's voice, but I always preferred Meredith McCoy's delivery and tone.

I'm more interested if Oolong and 18 are going to retain their original voices still, since they were recast for Kai, but their original actors returned for Battle of Gods. I also really want to know who they're getting to play Jaco. It'd be funny if Bryce Papenbrook cast... I actually think that'd be a good fit.

Wow, awesome! It's great to see the franchise make such a big comeback after BoG. Definitely looking forward to seeing what comes of this!

I hope we get more funny villains at some point and hopefully a way to make the weaker Z warriors more relevant.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just anxious for the new animation.

It may not be Battle of Gods or Resurrection F level, of course, but if it stays consistent with the scenes from Ultimate Tenkaichi, then sign me up.

Hopefully they get off Namek faster this time.

Real talk tho, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it follows how Battle of Gods was structured.

All I ask is that Toei actually tries to animate and pace it properly, and not do One Piece style one chapter an episode pacing and a level of animation that would have been acceptable....in the fucking 1980's.

I really don't like Toei lol, the only time I consider them good is when they do movies. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just so happy seeing Toriyama genuinely fired up about Dragon Ball again. I hope he doesn't burn out again. Hopefully FUNimation will be simulcasting this (oh who am I kidding, this is practically guaranteed in this day).

Well, I'm definitely excited. Nice to finally see the decade between Buu's defeat and the finale filled in. Too bad this means Toriyama may never try to do anything with Uub.

All I ask is that Toei actually tries to animate and pace it properly, and not do One Piece style one chapter an episode pacing and a level of animation that would have been acceptable....in the fucking 1980's.

I really don't like Toei lol, the only time I consider them good is when they do movies. 

Words can't express how excited I am for this, I never thought i'd see the day another DB related anime was announced after GT.

To be fair, they can pace this a lot better because, as far as we know, there isn't a manga to keep pace with. That's the problem with trying to have a show alongside a manga literally as it is being produced, you have to make sure the anime doesn't overtake the manga, otherwise it just ends up being the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime all over again, and, well, we all know how a lot of people feel about that one.

Why do people keep saying that? This series takes place between Buu and Uub, just like the recent movies have. The manga's conclusion is the same as it ever has been.

You can argue GT's non-canon status however you please, just not with this as the main argument.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, they can pace this a lot better because, as far as we know, there isn't a manga to keep pace with. That's the problem with trying to have a show alongside a manga literally as it is being produced, you have to make sure the anime doesn't overtake the manga, otherwise it just ends up being the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime all over again, and, well, we all know how a lot of people feel about that one.

Still, it seems Toriyama has finally taken the hint and decided to just embrace the series that made him famous, because his previous attempts at actually doing something new never really took off - even his last manga was a DB prequel (though also one that got us a glimpse of Bumla's life and family before DB, and retold Bardock's tale while also introducing his wife). Granted, he deserved a break from Dragon Ball, and it seems he's become more reinvigorated for the series because of it, if everything from Battle of Gods onwards is an indicator.

I for one cannot wait to see this show delve into the Goku & Vegeta show :V

Well, I hope Toriyama has enough sense to give the lesser characters some screentime as well.

Why do people keep saying that? This series takes place between Buu and Uub, just like the recent movies have. The manga's conclusion is the same as it ever has been.

You can argue GT's non-canon status however you please, just not with this as the main argument.

Well, Xenoverse already solidified GT as a splinter timeline (and thus technically not mainline canon), so the argument is moot anway. (Oddly enough, the same isn't said for Broly, the only pre-BoG movie villain to appear in that game, implying that his existence is canon, though to be fair his movies actually fit very neatly into the canon timeline anyway.)

I for one cannot wait to see this show delve into the Goku & Vegeta show :V

Well, I hope Toriyama has enough sense to give the lesser characters some screentime as well.