Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I was mostly joking. I like Krillin a bit too. I think he and Chiaoutzu were my favorites when I was a young boy. No idea why for the latter though. I don't even remember what he even did after he exploded lel

It should be noted, Krillin has the hottest wife. So clearly he wins at life :V

I like Vegeta and Gohan, and then I kind of get depressed when I start thinking about what happened to the latter.

I was mostly joking. I like Krillin a bit too. I think he and Chiaoutzu were my favorites when I was a young boy. No idea why for the latter though. I don't even remember what he even did after he exploded lel

• Thumbs Up 1

hey man I like Pokemon too nothin wrong with it

oh God that's probably exactly why I liked him

On the subject of Krillin I don't hate him or anything he's just not my fave. And he's not the worst character, that would be Yamcha, who is basically as useless as the fanbase jokes Krillin is. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Huh? come again Solkia?

I'm not sure which you're asking me about so I'll answer both

Dragon Ball games are almost always fighting games. I want an Action RPG that isn't awful, or an adventure game, or anything other than another fucking fighting game.

As for the show, Dragon Ball's formula bores me now. I remember how horribly boring watching the Cell saga finale during the April Fool's Toonami segment was for me, and last year I watched the first Broly movie for the first time and it made me snore.

Unless this new series changes up how Dragon Ball has worked since Z, I can't get hyped.

I'm not sure which you're asking me about so I'll answer both

Dragon Ball games are almost always fighting games. I want an Action RPG that isn't awful, or an adventure game, or anything other than another fucking fighting game.

As for the show, Dragon Ball's formula bores me now. I remember how horribly boring watching the Cell saga finale during the April Fool's Toonami segment was for me, and last year I watched the first Broly movie for the first time and it made me snore.

Unless this new series changes up how Dragon Ball has worked since Z, I can't get hyped.

Try watching Battle of Gods. It doesn't do much to shake up the structure but it has a different (and imo much better) vibe.

• Thumbs Up 3

Try watching Battle of Gods. It doesn't do much to shake up the structure but it has a different (and imo much better) vibe.

Listen to this man.

Battle Of Gods quite literally made me a legitimate DBZ fan lol. Before that I was never enthusiastic about the franchise really. But now I'm hyping the new TV series hoping it'll be at least close to as good. 

Maybe Battle of the Gods is so aclaimed because it cuts out all the padding that DBZ is infamous for and just gets to the good stuff in  a decent pace.

The Cell Saga is still awesome though,  forget yall

To be fair, none of the DBZ movies themselves feel padded at all, since by the nature of being a 90-minute movie they can't put off the action for long. If anything, Battle of Gods feels like one of the slower titles, but it makes up for it with fun characterization and a silly atmosphere so much that you don't mind it taking its time. Beerus alone is great stuff. The voice acting and dub dialogue itself is also the best we've seen of the FUNI crew.

And dat final fight tho'.

You know for a grandios title like "Battle of Gods" this movie is taking absolutely nothing seriously. Even /Vegeta/ of all characters. I'm enjoying the shift in tone.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm not a fan of the other movies I've seen. Broly in particular just makes me cringe. I can't fathom why he's so popular. I like all of Toriyama's villains (ESPECIALLY Beerus) a good deal more than Broly - I actually really like Vegeta, Frieza, the Androids, and Cell as villains. I love Fat Buu but I don't like the other forms much at all if I'm being honest.

I personally like Bojack Unbound and Tree of Might, the former because I'm bias for tournament settings and SSJ2 Gohan, the latter just for how subtle it felt compared to other movies and how everyone contributed in one way or another.

From my experience most of Broly's fans are people who know him from how fucking busted he was in the fighting games. I can't really fathom how he could be popular otherwise, because motivation is probably the worst motivation I've seen for a villain ever. Goku cried as a baby, which irritated him enough to try and kill him some 20somthing years later? wtf

I honestly never see anyone talking about Broly as if he was a great character, almost everything I hear about him is how much he sucks tbh. I don't really care about him either way but I think he stopped being "overatted" a long time ago

It's implied that Goku's crying is the one thing Broly tethered his childhood traumas to. Between being stabbed, Planet Vegeta exploding, the uncontrollable power of the Super Saiyan, and Paragus's mind manipulation, his first memory is the one he distinctly remembers as being just before his conga line of woes.

In other words, Goku's targeted because of Broly's psychological impairment that he never had a chance to get over.

I like to imagine Broly is only popular for being "omguberbadass"

And good Solkia, embrace the Battle of Gods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe this

Beerus is going to destroy earth

Because Buu wouldn't share pudding.

This is the best DBZ plot ever.

The difference here is that Beerus entire character wasn't said Pudding, he didn't spend the entire movie doing nothing but being a brutal prick because he didn't get his fucking pudding, no, he had a lot of time to show his character and how interesting he is, and even when it came to being angry for pudding, he didn't actually try to kill anyone when they tried to fight him, yes, he tried to blow up the planet, but even that he gave up after seeing how Goku and Vegeta could become good rivals for him.

Broly just stood there for half a movie, saw Goku, lost his shit and the rest of the movie is him either punching or screaming.

Like I said I hope we don't go full force DBZ and it does include what BoG's set up in comedy, but at the same time I'am itching for some intense battles too, Perfect Cell vs. Goku was 1 of the best fights.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I had high hopes for Broly in the movie. I was expecting there to be something under those puppy dog eyes of his beyond sheer coincidental psychological torment, but there isn't, and the evil is never taken to any ends that reflect interestingly on the characters, the world, or its themes. He's popular because he's a big muscular evil Saiyan. He's the Metal Sonic of the universe with the only difference being that he can actually hit Goku.

• Thumbs Up 3