Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

So uh... I wonder when they'll finally get Goten and Trunks to age into their early teens in this series.

I'm more excited about Goku having a normal job honestly. Rare has it been that Earthly responsibilities and his Saiyan heritage ever mixed well.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm more excited about Goku having a normal job honestly. Rare has it been that Earthly responsibilities and his Saiyan heritage ever mixed well.

You know this is gonna turn into a running gag of him constantly changing jobs because he keeps fucking up.

I guess the continuity with this series runs alongside Battle of Gods and Revival of F, which reminds me...are Funi ever going to dub that special form 2008?

Well, if the 2008 special is anything to go by, Goku became a radish farmer. The first episode sounds like it takes place before Battle of Gods now, since Gohan and Videl are already married by the events of that movie, and it might explain why Goten and Trunks haven't aged much.

Though Beerus and Whis is sort of screwing that up for me, now...

It seems to be more we just don't see it, though. Goku has a driver's license, and he was obviously living a very peaceful life until Raditz came, and in-between events like the Androids attacking or waiting for the Cell games (or on and off in the 10 year span between Buu's defeat and the end of the series), he could clearly function normally... he just doesn't want to for long stretches of time. When Uub shows up, he just up and drops that.

That's a heck of an oversight if it's just that. Maybe one of the other universes have a different set and number of Dragon Balls?

Odd two of them are missing, though.

So we got ourselves the name of that fat Beerus apparently.

He's called Shanpa, as in champagne to keep with Beerus' name theme of alcoholic beverages.

I'm not following DB news lately, but is Super a new season or another movie?

I'll probably won't watch, because I really don't like the japanese VAs, especially Goku's... It's the only anime I prefer the dub over the original (along with Yu Yu Hakusho), probably because it's the one I'm used to, anyways.

So the first chapter of the manga can be found online.

Looks like Battle of Gods and Revival of F are being retconned and retold or at least the story with Beerus is.

It starts off a few months after the fight against Buu and Goku is working as a radish farmer. Goten brings him some food (Goku asks if school is over and Goten tells him it's Sunday. Very involved father, that Goku) and Goku asks him to drive the tractor while he eats :lol:. He then goes Super Saiyan and does some training, while imagining fights against Frieza, Cell and Buu, but is disturbed when Goten drives off a cliff. Goku saves Goten and the tractor and they talk about his work and Goten asks why he doesn't do work similar to Mr. Satan and Goku says he likes work like he does since he can blow it off whenever he wants and train, though he'd rather go to King Kai's place to train full time since another threat like Buu could appear at any time. They need money since Ox-King is broke, though.

Mr. Satan appears and offers Goku 100 million Zenny that he got for saving the world, since Goku is the one who actually did it (And he wants them to keep things silent). Goku declines at first, but Goten reminds him if he took the money, he wouldn't have to work and could go train.

The scene switches to Beerus and Whis on an insectoid planet, where the inhabitants are giving Beerus a feast. However they've tried to poison him, which obviously doesn't work. Beerus ends up destroying the planet. Beerus tells Whis that he just remembered someone who could give him a good fight, the Super Saiyan God (Though, the translations says "Super Saiyan, God". Probably just a mistake from the translator or Beerus himself)

The chapter ends with the Great Kais sensing what just happened and having a bad feeling about what this could mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well...that was a quick retcon. I mean damn, the movies came out so RECENTLY! Why in the world would they retcon it so early?!

Then again...it's Toriyama.

Sounds like the first chapter is a prequel to Battle of Gods, honestly, as to explain why Goku was training on King Kai's planet and stuff. They'll probably skip to after BoG after this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like the first chapter is a prequel to Battle of Gods, honestly, as to explain why Goku was training on King Kai's planet and stuff. They'll probably skip to after BoG after this.

Well, it can't be a prequel to the movie since it's already retconning Beerus' awakening and how he remembers there's a Super Saiyan god.

A couple bits of interest. First, FUNi have released an official English Resurrection F trailer on IGN:

Secondly, another little clip of Super has surfaced, giving us our first look at Champa in motion. Judging by how Goku refers to Beerus as if he hasn't met him before, it appears that we ARE looking at a bit of a retcon.

• Thumbs Up 3

By the way, I got the opportunity to see the Latin America version of Revival of F. It was better than I expected, but I still see it as a wasted opportunity to tell new stories in the new (now defunct) movie canon.

The fights were pretty good at least.

That really sucks, I guess they couldn't figure out any good ways to continue off the old movie but it still feels pretty lazy to just retcon it away just like that.

I just guess we'll have to assume that when Toriyama meant canon he meant the manga's canon and this series will be the anime's canon of Movie's 14 and 15.

Thats the only way I can justify this really.

So, some quite meaty Dragon Ball Super news has dropped - contains spoilers, as it details the premise for the first three story arcs:

• The narrative begins 6 months after the defeat of Majin Buu - just before the last two pages of Chapter 517 of the manga, or between Dragon Ball Z episodes 288 and 289 for anime viewers.
  • The first two story arcs look set to be expanded retellings of the recent movies, Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F' - presumably these will supercede the original movie versions in the series' canon.
  • Following this, a new arc will begin, riffing on the idea of the alternative universes which Beerus mentions at the end of Battle of Gods. It seems Goku & friends will have to cross over from their own universe (#7) into a neighbouring one (#6) to hunt for the Super Dragon Balls, for some as-yet unspecified reason. Many people are speculating that the nine-star Dragon Ball seen on the cover of the first chapter of the tie-in manga means there'll be more than seven of these new balls - they're also described as 'giant' in the above article, though how much bigger they are compared to Earth's or even Namek's Dragon Balls is yet to be seen.

Considering how little information's been released up to this point, it's really interesting to finally have some solid information on the series! To be honest, outlining this far ahead was much more than I expected to hear at this point, though given what's been revealed I can see why they've felt the need to tease that far ahead.

Dude multi-verses are always a fun idea to explore, I hope universe #6 is DBGT and the parody the shit out of it (LAZER BEAMS EVERYWHERE!, nothing can be solved without Goku, Etc.).

Oh goodie no ones posted yet...wait why?! DB Super starts in 2 days! this topic should be buzzing, c'mon people!!

“Dragon Ball Super” Episodes 1-2 Title Updates (KaiZEX)

I know that DB and DBZ (And maybe even DBGT if you count it) started off real slice-of-life before shit goes down so I shouldn't be surprised that the first 2-3 episodes are dedicated to this.

Also look what you guys in Europe are getting:

Europe Receiving Custom “Extreme Butōden” Nintendo 3DS Package (KaiZEX)

extreme_butoden_eu_physical.jpg?4ffdc6

Also a new trailer For EX-Butoden:

EDIT: Hey guys Sean Schemmel gave an awesome interview you guys should give a listen to! (NOTE: Totally not a propaganda ad made by the mighty lord frieza)

• Thumbs Up 1

So yeah this was spotted at FUNi's AX Booth:

h4jZHwU.jpg

Boy the first episode isn't even out in Japan and FUNi is damned sure to tell people this is their series now.

Also this is floating around Kaizex:

image.jpg

Vegeta: once a mighty planet conquering, bug eating kills a guy without a thought badass to riding on the choochoo with wifey and sonny boy.

Saiyan Saga Vegeta would vomit in horror.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm guessing Super is going to be officially announced at AX tomorrow. FUNi's been announcing Summer 2015 shows all week, and there's only two shows in their line-up left to be announced, and Super has to be one of them. Guess this confirms it.

I am so looking forward to seeing Vegeta going on a random family vacation. Family-man Vegeta is the best.

EDIT: Masako Nozawa (Goku, Gohan, Goten) and Ryo Horikawa (Vegeta) made some comments on Toei's site, which Kanzenshuu went and translated. They're not much, just little quick PR things, but it's nice to see these two are still as excited as ever to play their roles.

Edited by Zaysho

While I'm very excited about the whole thing, I am also looking forward to that Vegeta episode so very much words can't describe it. One thing I loved about the filler parts of both Dragon Ball and Z was seeing these tough characters living their everyday lives.

I fucking love the Driver's License episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

From what a friend told me at AX it looks to be the Toei booth instead, so no word from Funimation. they are also showing the premiere trailer in japanese/no subs on that flatscreen in a loop and the people there handing out flyers are keeping their mouths shut on anything, most likely just some temps hired to hand out flyers and not anyone representing Toei there seeing as they were pretty clueless on what this show was.

So Toei is letting americans know this exists but thats it but they must have something planned if they even have a booth there at AX.

As proof heres my friend cosplaying as Kenpachi in front of their Goku statue at the entrance of the booth. damn I wish I could've gone this year I would've loved to have seen that Goku statue in person.