Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

The manga if I recall correctly is behind the show now, and from what I can see, other than Frost's backstory(Tho' that remains to be seen), it seems to have no changes from the show's plot.

Oh, I have no idea, all I know is that the upcoming chapter is either 11 or 12.

Dragon Ball Super episode 40 was amazing.

• Goku VS Hit continues
  • Goku wants to get rid of the rules to let Hit go at full power. Champa agrees but Beerus doesnt.
  • Champa and Beerus call Goku and Hit paws which gets both of them mad
  • Goku wants to fight Hit later so he goes out of the ring
  • THIS IS THE BEST PART: Goku SHAKES the Galactic King's....ummmm genitals
  • Monaka VS Hit happens
  • Monaka punches Hit in the knee and Hit goes out pf the ring(on purpose)
  • Champa wants to kill the U6 team but someone steps in:
  • Zeno, the Omni-King appears

What did you guys think of this episode?

• 2 weeks later...

So...the Universe 6 vs 7 tournament is over and...

Spoiler

I like the idea of a tournament between the 12 universes. Maybe they'll give Gohan a chance to shine this time.

Also Beerus deserves my respects after using his wish to restore universe 6's Earth

giphy.gif

Hop to it Gohan. Pan unlocked her power before even you did .

• Thumbs Up 4

A certain someone is returning in Dragon Ball Super on June 12

Spoiler

Ch-6FdpUkAAEc0I.jpg:orig

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

A certain someone is returning in Dragon Ball Super on June 12

Reveal hidden contents

Ch-6FdpUkAAEc0I.jpg:orig

Boy, can't wait to see Jaco's reaction to this...

Spoiler

Oh we all know he's going to pretend he saw nothing or Bulma is going to tell him off.

But it's pretty exciting to see Future Trunks return... but I wonder, is it the same Trunks? Or is this a Trunks from one of the other universes? He definitely feels different, blue hair aside.

Some interesting info about that upcoming storyline, is here.

So F. Trunks is coming back, "Evil" Goku is the enemy, and the threat is so huge that the Kais, Beerus, and even the Omni King have to get involved..

tumblr_mf3ac9zi4I1rtyru5o7_500.gif

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested in the behind the scenes of Dragon Ball Super:

• Thumbs Up 1

Key art for the next Super arc:

Spoiler

PfhPlaX.jpg

Spoiler

Evil Goku wearing Universe 6 Potaras.

They seem to actually be  going for the Trunks x Mai pairing >_>

The art is cool, though. Looks like classic DBZ to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

I really didn't mind the Trunks x Mai pairing, but giving it to us in this form just feels, I don't know, contrived I guess. The Trunks x Mai thing was set up well in Battle of Gods, and I imagine it won't be addressed here. Oh well, this is Dragon Ball. Romance has never been one of Toriyama's strong points, and I think the series is probably better off for it. Anyway, Goku-Black is exactly what I hoped he wasn't, just a generic evil Goku. I was hoping the title was a red herring, and that it ended up being Time Breaker Bardock or somethin', but naw, just Evil Goku. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. If anything else in this series didn't feel like fanfiction, this sure as hell does. And why does Trunks still have blue hair? Is he seriously gonna have blue hair in the anime? Christ, that would be a lack of attention to detail and a half. 

Haven't seen Super as of yet (STILL awaiting an English dub because I can't stand the JP voice cast for some characters), but the idea of going up against an evil Goku is interesting. However, I don't like the fact Future Trunks is back for the sheer fact I was hoping for them to do an arc revolving around Xenoverse. It'd be a good way to introduce some of the game characters into canon, like Towa, Mira, and the Supreme Kai of Time. I wouldn't mind as much but with a sequel confirmed, and the game flat out saying it's canon, with solving events in the original timeline, it having Battle of Gods/Resurrection F as stories, and confirming GT as a alternate universe (1 of the 12 I assume) and it's Future Trunks' job as a time patroller now as he feels he owes something to the Supreme Kai of Time due to screwing around with the future. It'd also be a good way to summarize DBZ for those who missed the original series.

Spoiler

I PRAY it is the Future Trunks from Cell/Android saga, please God, do this for me! I DON'T WANT A NEW FUTURE TRUNKS! Why does AT hate me so much!? I don't mind the whole Mai being there, just please create a bullshit reason for why she's in the Future Trunks timeline. Don't do a new alt timeline. TT-TT

1 minute ago, WakanoBaka said:

I PRAY it is the Future Trunks from Cell/Android saga, please God, do this for me! I DON'T WANT A NEW FUTURE TRUNKS! Why does AT hate me so much!? I don't mind the whole Mai being there, just please create a bullshit reason for why she's in the Future Trunks timeline. Don't do a new alt timeline. TT-TT

Spoiler

I believe it was said it's the same Trunks.

2 hours ago, Marcello said:
  Hide contents

I believe it was said it's the same Trunks.

Alright, no. This makes no sense. 

Future Trunks became a time patroller because Supreme Kai of Time flat out said he interfered with the timeline, a dangerous act, and Trunks agreed to help her to pay back his debt. This meant the Future Trunks we knew is now living outside of the timeline. His timeline has been erased. Entirely. It's been replaced with a new timeline where Perfect Cell was beaten, and Goku's still alive. It's literally impossible for it to be the same Future Trunks because it's already established that the Future Trunks we know, as in the Trunks who went back in time to give Goku heart medicine, and to ensure that his parents and everyone else survives the Androids and Cell is not apart of any timeline now. Because he overwrote his timeline, that means he has no future now, which is why he's a time patroller in Xenoverse.

So the only conclusion we can come to, if this is going to make sense is there is now four versions of Trunks running around.

Trunks 1: Past/Present Trunks, currently growing up alongside Goten

Trunks 2: Future Trunks A: Went back in time, erasing his own existence and timeline by stopping the androids, meaning he effectively lives outside the timeline now. Currently a time patroller.

Trunks 3: Future Trunks B: Grew up to live a normal future (DBZ ending)

Trunks 4: Future Trunks C: Fighting against an evil version of Goku with his girlfriend Mai

Er, Xenoverse isn't exactly considered "canon" by Akira Toriyama...

But that's assuming Xenoverse is canon to begin with, which it isn't :U

...Seriously...?

Yeah, no. I'm not feeling this then. Nope. Not at all. Having Trunks paying for his crimes in fucking up the timeline feels like a much better story for him than him dating the person who's a grown woman in a child's body, and held him at gunpoint fighting against Evil Goku. We have 12 fucking alternate universes. We couldn't just say this is the Future Trunks/Mai from Universe 1-6 or 8-12? In fact, that'd make much more sense, considering Evil Goku is from a alternate universe. I mean I like Future Trunks and all, but seriously, this new version makes no sense when it's been established his timeline's gone and at the end of DBZ, we have a new timeline where Trunks grew up in a more stable and safe environment. 

We know literally nothing about the new saga,other than Future Trunks is in it, Mai will appear and the villain seems to be Goku, it's a bit too soon to judge every aspect of it, I don't know where people got that Xenoverse ever was canon anyways, it always felt like just an excuse plot to have a different plot while still using the same events of the series, with Future Trunks thrown in for added fanservice.

Besides, IIRC, it's been said there wasn't any rules about messing up the timeline, the Kai of Time was just fucking around with Trunks because she wanted an assistant.

33 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

...Seriously...?

Yeah, no. I'm not feeling this then. Nope. Not at all. Having Trunks paying for his crimes in fucking up the timeline feels like a much better story for him than him dating the person who's a grown woman in a child's body, and held him at gunpoint fighting against Evil Goku. We have 12 fucking alternate universes. We couldn't just say this is the Future Trunks/Mai from Universe 1-6 or 8-12? In fact, that'd make much more sense, considering Evil Goku is from a alternate universe. I mean I like Future Trunks and all, but seriously, this new version makes no sense when it's been established his timeline's gone and at the end of DBZ, we have a new timeline where Trunks grew up in a more stable and safe environment. 

Well, this could be a precursor to Trunks being recruited into the Time Patrol, but only time will tell of the events of Xenoverse or something like it will be incorporated. That being said, the 12 universe system has it's limits. It's been established that only Universe 6 is similar to Universe 7, and that the multiverse is comprised of a sister universe system where Universes 1 and 12 are alike, 2 and 11 are alike, etc. And we don't exactly know if this Goku-Black is from another universe. The story details have been left pretty vague so far. And regarding Trunks's timeline being erased, I'm not entirely sure where you're getting that idea. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There's something familiar about that earring Black Goku is wearing...doesn't it look almost identical to Demigra's earring? It's probably nothing major, but I just felt like pointing it out.

Why are we shipping these characters when we don't know that much about the arc yet?

Also, was Trunks' timeline actually erased? Ignoring Xenoverse and just focusing on DBZ, Trunks was effectively creating new timeline branches by going back in time, but not writing over the original timeline. He returned twice to his original home, first to simply get back home after delivering the medicine and news to Goku, and then the second time at the end where he killed the Androids and Cell. That was his original timeline, and if it were gonna be changed by his mucking about, it would've been right after he returned home the first time, would it not?

• Thumbs Up 1