Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Fortunately that trailer tells us one thing...Bulma is still alive and looks exactly the same.

36 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Fortunately that trailer tells us one thing...Bulma is still alive and looks exactly the same.

Yeah? shes been alive, she made it all the way to the end in Trunk's future, the androids or cell never got to her.

But it doesn't look like shes gonna be alive for very long from what the trailers are hinting at.

Just now, goku262002 said:

Yeah? shes been alive, she made it all the way to the end in Trunk's future, the androids or cell never got to her.

But it doesn't look like shes gonna be alive for very long from what the trailers are hinting at.

I said that because the trailer didn't tell us anything else...but at least we know Blooma's alive even if it might not gonna be for very long.

What, no one's gonna talk about episode 47? Bruh, what a tonal shift! Like, this is easily the darkest material we've had since the History of Trunks special. 

Spoiler

Future Bulma fucking died, and Future Mai might also be dead, as it doesn't appear she makes it to the past with Trunks, going by the NEP.

Seriously, I'm stoked! Oh, and the animation and music certainly seem to have received an upgrade.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm curious to know more about the green Kaioshin that was shown at the end of the intro...

This enigmatic character might just be our villain with the "white hair".

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

What, no one's gonna talk about episode 47? Bruh, what a tonal shift! Like, this is easily the darkest material we've had since the History of Trunks special. 

Hide contents

Future Bulma fucking died, and Future Mai might also be dead, as it doesn't appear she makes it to the past with Trunks, going by the NEP.

Seriously, I'm stoked! Oh, and the animation and music certainly seem to have received an upgrade.

Spoiler

God damn, poor future Trunks. guy can't ever catch a fucking break!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Diamond said:

I dont get it. Every preivew has its own theme now?

Well, yeah. It's a new saga. What were you expecting?

Maybe this Kaio that appears in the intro is related with how all this began?

Also...

Spoiler

I wonder how did he managed to escape Black and travel back in time?

Also, he called him "Sayajin". Is he some kind of Truffle survivor? some kind of Shapeshifting being? Or...Something that this green Kaio kept sealed that managed to escape?

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Maybe this Kaio that appears in the intro is related with how all this began?

Indeed. I'm glad someone took the time to notice that. :)

41 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

I wonder how did he managed to escape Black and travel back in time?

Also, he called him "Sayajin". Is he some kind of Truffle survivor? some kind of Shapeshifting being? Or...Something that this green Kaio kept sealed that managed to escape?

I don't think the Tuffles are going to get involved in this saga.

Black could possibly be an evil Maikaioshin. That's the most popular theory I've seen thus far. Why else would he have that green earring? Perhaps he's looking for someone to fuse with in order to gain even more power...

Then, there's the Green Kaioshin. He has the "white hair", so I'm willing to bet that he's going to play a major role in this new saga.

• 2 weeks later...

So this happened.

Looks like Viz picked up the Dragon Ball Super manga by Toyotaro and have the first chapter posted up on their site. I know Viz and FUNimation typically act independently of one another, but with the manga version now licensed and being translated officially, anyone think FUNi might be gearing up to announce the anime?

Also little bummed Viz is still sticking with "Hercule" instead of "Mr. Satan" but I suppose they have to retain some consistency now.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Viz's site US/NA-only. Sorry!

Edited by Zaysho

That's neat. I wonder when we'll get physical releases for this and other chapters. 

Oops, forgot about that!

4 minutes ago, Diamond said:

...Why?

It's usually licensing issues. Viz is pretty much only authorized to distribute their work in North America, though they usually work with other companies that release their stuff in other territories.

Spoiler

Wow, where I do I begin? This was quite an episode. Ok, so Trunks just had PTSD, and Bulma slapped him out of it really quickly. After that, Beerus and Whis examine Trunks's time machine, where Whis explains the butterfly effect. Beerus wants to destroy it, but Trunks pleads with Whis not to destroy it, thinking Whis is the god of destruction. Beerus agrees not to destroy it if they give him something he's never eaten before, and of course they do. Vegeta then proceeds to ask what Trunks is doing in the present, and if Majin Boo is the cause. Trunks explains that Bobbidi tried to revive Boo in his timeline, but Trunks trained with Kaioshin and managed to defeat Dabura and Bobbidi preventing his resurrection. Trunks then explains that the person that's responsible for his dark future is Goku, or rather Goku-Black. After this Goku wants to spar with Trunks to see how strong Trunks has become, and Trunks transforms into a Super Saiyan 2, and his able to keep up with Goku. Goku then turns into a Super Saiyan 3 and defeats Trunks. At that point Piccolo and Kuririn show up, and when they show up Black appears in the present and is surprised to see Goku. That's where the episode ends. It was a very good one, but my stream kept cutting out toward the end, which pissed me off!

Spoiler

Whoa, so a Majin Buu arc happened in Trunk's timeline?! thats neat and I'm glad Trunks ascended to SS2 but really its nothing now a days.

The episode was awesome. The most surprising part was the Boo part existing in Trunks' future. Does that mean that Beerus would also come in his timeline?

Spoiler

If Xenoverse is any of sort of canon its that Beerus and Whis live outside of time & space, they are not bound by those rules made by the surpreme kai of time so basically the beerus and whis we see now could be the same from trunk's timeline, they should be able to hop back and forth without issue.

but then again I don't really know, multi-verse theory is bullshit.

Would anyone want an mini arc showing the Buu saga in Trunks' future? I would love to see how SUpreme Kai and Trunks interacted and his new training, along with him getting SSJ2.

Yo, DB Super is guuud right now.

Spoiler

I was surprised Babadi and Dabra came to Earth in Future Trunks's timeline, though it was cool seeing Trunks waste the two of them. Just a neat nod, especially because the timing is so different (or did the Artificial Humans' rampage force Babadi to shelve his plans temporarily since there weren't enough people to collect energy from?).

I'm also wondering about the nature of Black. Since Xenoverse probably doesn't apply to Super/the manga, and there was a green Kaioshin shown in the opening, is it possible that is the Kaioshin of Time and Black is some kind of corruption? Time travel still being regarded as a huge crime/sin and Black having a ring of time and his targeting Trunks gives me that impression.

I just want to know more about Trunks's timeline now!

Can't wait for the next episode! And I really want to see this material get dubbed at some point.

Seeing Babidi and Dabura pop up in Trunks' timeline was awesome. At least his version of Supreme Kai seems to have his shit together! He warns Trunks about Buu in good time (possibly prompting him to train to SSJ2) and tells him about Dabura's abilities. I know Supreme Kai was up against it with Goku and Vegeta being morons and Gohan sitting on his arse for 7 years, but even so.

Side note: it would be cool if Trunks' sword was the Z Sword, but the design is definitely different.

On 6/26/2016 at 10:03 PM, Zaysho said:

Can't wait for the next episode! And I really want to see this material get dubbed at some point.

True. Nothing is better than watching it on TV. Still waiting for an international release date.