Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I found this video and thought y'all might get a laugh out of it. Ryusei Nakao happened to voice Yakko in the Japanese dub of Animaniacs and since Frieza is a conqueror, he's telling which nations he has taken over.

• Thumbs Up 2

Major spoilers here, but we have more information on the upcoming episodes courtesy of translator Herms:

Episode 62 (October 16th): I'll Protect the World! Trunks' Angry Super Power Explosion!!

Son Goku and co. have eliminated the Zamasu in the present, but the future still hasn't changed. In order to defeat Zamasu and Goku Black for sure this time, Goku and co. have come to the future once again, but Zamasu and Goku Black's battle power far surpasses their own. Future Trunks tries to stand against them, but they accuse him "you are the cause of it all."

Super Trunks has a tough fight tackling Goku Black and Zamasu. While he holds them off, Goku and co. return to the present. Vegeta says "we can't beat them in a head-on battle", but Piccolo replies "in that case, there is one thing you can do."

Episode 63 (October 23rd): "Don't Defile Saiyan Cells! The Curtain Rises on Vegeta's Intense Battle!!"

While Future Trunks faces off against Zamasu and Black, Goku and Vegeta temporarily return to the world of the present in order to think of a way to defeat them. As Goku and Vegeta search for a method of defeating Zamasu and Black, Piccolo says "you might be able to defeat them with the Mafuba."

Although Trunks puts his life on the line battling against Zamasu and Goku Black in order to protect the world of the future, Goku Black inflicts critical damage on him, and is about to finish him off. However, at that moment Goku and Vegeta return to the battlefield.

Episode 64 (October 30th): "Praise and Adore Him! The Explosive Birth of Merged Zamasu!!"

Episode 65 (November 6th): "Final Judgement?! The Supreme God's Ultimate Power"

SCmFIE.gif

Love it. 

Next episode has Trunks using one hell of a power-up. He's got the Broly eyes going, but his aura is super thick. Kinda like Super Saiyan Blue, but with the standard Super Saiyan colors.

Also, kudos to Super for having a villain that I genuinely despise, for all the right reasons. Zamasu just disgusts me to the core, and he doesn't care for redemption or not because he feels he's above it. Dragonball needed a villain like this.

SCmFIE.gif

Love it. 

Next episode has Trunks using one hell of a power-up. He's got the Broly eyes going, but his aura is super thick. Kinda like Super Saiyan Blue, but with the standard Super Saiyan colors.

Also, kudos to Super for having a villain that I genuinely despise, for all the right reasons. Zamasu just disgusts me to the core, and he doesn't care for redemption or not because he feels he's above it. Dragonball needed a villain like this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright so, we finally know who and what Black is, and oh boy, as expected, it's a doozy.

Spoiler

Black is Zamasu on Goku's body, that's the easy part.

The complex part is WHEN he's from.

From what I could gather, he's the same Zamasu we've been following in the present, with the body of  the Goku we've been following in the present.

How is this possible? Basically, after the first trip to the future,where they fought SSJR Black and Immortal Zamasu the main timeline changed, it would cause an alternate timeline, however, as Beerus said himself, when Gods kill Gods, it sticks, so for mortals, Time Travel works on multiverse theory, but for gods, its the usual ''if you change the past the future will change'' theory.

So before they went to the future to fight Black, the main timeline would have Zamasu kill Gowasu, use the Super Dragon Balls to steal Goku's body and kill him and his family. However, because they went to the future, found out Zamasu is working with Black, and had Beerus go there and vaporize that bitch, the timeline changed to what we have now. Black SHOULD have been erased because of that, however, this is where the time ring comes in, it's protecting him from the changes in the timeline.

So, to put it in Flash terms... Black is a Time Remnant, a living paradox, a remain of a timeline that's gone now, his entire existance is one big ''fuck you'' to the timestream.

Then after taking Goku's body, Black went to Trunks' timeline, where Beerus was already dead, because he probably knew Beerus attempted to kill him/was suspiscious of him, and got the Zamasu of that Timeline to help him, turning him Immortal with the Super Dragon Balls

Then they went on to kill all the Kais, killing all Gods of Destruction, destroyed the Super Dragon Balls, and as it seems, ridded countless worlds of life.

Yep, it's official, somehow Super made Trunks' timeline even more fucking depressing.

OMG GOTEN CONFIRMED TO BE GOKU BLACK, HE'S SMILING BECAUSE IT'S ALL GOING ACCORDING TO PLAN

Probably the teeth blending in with the white filter, making it look like he's smiling instead of screaming.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't even watched Super and I still think this prick might be the most unlikable and irredeemable Dragon Ball villain to date. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the reason why is Black hides behind a bullshit story that he's somehow doing good, while all of the other villains had their evil out in the open, and admitted to it, and even then, they had a reasoning for it.

Saiyans: How their race was raised, and how they operated under Frieza

Frieza: He was power and control, and was a tyrant 

Androids: Mixture of Gero's programming, and their own power.

Cell: Saiyan cells making him want a challenge, as well as wanting to prove himself the most powerful

Buu: Pure, unadulterated rage and destruction.

Black hides behind the idea that he's somehow doing good, that he's doing right by killing everyone and everything due to Trunks' actions, when really he's a psychopath who enjoys torturing and killing his victims. No matter what bullshit he says, his pure enjoyment out of his actions, and his little smirk everytime he causes harm to someone proves that he's nothing more than an insane asshole, no better than Buu, only where Kid Buu had no concept of control, other than just rage and destruction, Black does. He just doesn't care. He just wants destruction under the pretense that he's somehow the hero in the end. 

• Thumbs Up 2

That's why he probably works so well as a villain. When everyone heard about ''Goku Black'' they were probably expecting the old ''Oh so it's just an evil Goku, they'll play up how Goku would be if he never hit his head on that rock like every single fanfic ever.'', but nope, what we got is a pretty interesting psychopath with a clear god complex and a LOT of kick the dog moments, I think more than all villains before him, not only that, but we got to see his beginning AND thanks to time travel, how fucking scary the difference between him in the past and future is, making clear he has some serious issues he hides behind a mask of sanity and politeness.

It's weird how they somehow managed to keep it different from Freeza, as when you think about it, what I just described is basically Freeza.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

That's why he probably works so well as a villain. When everyone heard about ''Goku Black'' they were probably expecting the old ''Oh so it's just an evil Goku, they'll play up how Goku would be if he never hit his head on that rock like every single fanfic ever.'', but nope, what we got is a pretty interesting psychopath with a clear god complex and a LOT of kick the dog moments, I think more than all villains before him, not only that, but we got to see his beginning AND thanks to time travel, how fucking scary the difference between him in the past and future is, making clear he has some serious issues he hides behind a mask of sanity and politeness.

It's weird how they somehow managed to keep it different from Freeza, as when you think about it, what I just described is basically Freeza.

I think the thing that differentiates them is Frieza was still a tyrant, and technically believed himself as royalty, so a lot of his actions weren't hidden under a pretense that he was somehow a hero. He was an evil bastard, and he knew it. Everything he did, he still admitted he got a sadistic joy out of doing it. He was an evil tyrant, and wanted power. Everything he did still led to his goal of gaining immortality, and ruling the galaxy forever. He got joy out of every evil action he did, but he didn't hide that.

Black is the opposite. He's like Buu mixed with Frieza, and wanting nothing but destruction under a false impression that somehow he's doing right. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What helps is that he has this insane troll logic he keeps running with through the entire arc. Mortals are dangerous since they dare challenging gods, SO I'LL KILL ALL GODS, Mortals dare to use time travel, SO I'LL HEAVILY RELY ON TIME TRAVEL FOR MY PLAN TO WORK, Mortals just cause destruction, SO I'LL DESTROY LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

It's kinda why it's easy to hate him so much, he's that guy who's quick to judge when someone fucks up, but will never allow himself to admit he fucked up himself, there's always someone else at fault, it's not even arrogance, that he gets later, it's just flat out him having a morality centered only around himself and his needs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Black is pretty much  Frieza on stereoids. He hates everyone . But he has the most interesting mindset. He loves the nature and wants to protect it.But I will feel great when he dies.

His powerset also makes him really interesting for fights, him constantly powering up means either you'll have to be a whole new level of power to beat him and even then hope to god you're quick enough before he adapts to it, or you have to find an alternate way to counter him.

Since it's related, I'll repost what I posted in the XV2 thread.

So, for those who missed my earlier status, I managed to get one of the beta codes that Namco's Twitter had been giving out all day, and have been playing XV2 for a few hours now, and there's surprisingly a lot of content, including story related content. I'll do a quick recap over everything. First though, I'll go over my character. My original plan was going to be remaking my XV1 character, but I heavily recommend you make a new character like I decided on doing. What I decided to do was make a new character, a female saiyan named Oceania, with a variety of skills I transferred from XV1 (Yes, XV1 transfers are live).

As for the DB characters playing in the beta:

-Goku 

-Kid Gohan

-Yamcha

-Raditz

-Turles 

-Piccolo

-Tien

-Nappa

-Jaco

-GT Goku

-Krillin 

-Saibamen

-Vegeta

-Ginyu

Right now, there's only two parallel quests. Might be more and you might need to unlock them though. Right now, there's a tutorial with Elder Kai, and a dragon ball quest on Namek. 

But that isn't the best part. There's actual story events in the game, and it shows off these things: 

-The time patroller from XV1 is still around, and partners with Trunks (Unspoilered because it's important you know that before you make your character)

Spoiler

Full Saiyan Saga is playable, and the Ginyu saga (Haven't tried it yet, so I can't comment on how many missions are in it). Changes to the Saiyan saga is Turles ambushing Goku on the way to Nappa and Vegeta, so you need to fight both Nappa and Vegeta, and then go and stop Turles from delaying Goku. It's then a four way battle with Goku, you, Krillin, and Gohan VS Great Ape Nappa and Vegeta. It's then revealed that Towa and Mira have teamed up with several villains in order to pull off their schemes this time, and left the time patrol short handed, which is why they're desperate for recruits, and why Elder Kai is helping out Supreme Kai of Time. 

For those wonder, Turles is helping due to wanting to kill Goku, and Towa having given him a magical fruit from The Tree of Might, that's been further upgraded by the demon realm, and Slug is helping due to wanting payback on Gohan. This is also where we get our first glimpse of Time Breaker Bardock, who from what was seen, is silent, and obedient to Towa's demands. Mira wants Towa to perform the same operation on Slug and Turles to make them more obedient to Towa, but she decides against it, due to the two already doing what they need done. 

Other than that, general thoughts in the game is just great all around. The FPS and animations are much better this time around, hitting a steady 60 FPS in gameplay, and having additional frames of animation. The combo system has also been reworked and is feels much more rewarding for pulling off attacks now. Super Saiyan and the other transformations seem to be given to your character to begin with, and works depending on your Ki level now, so with 3 bars, you can go SSJ1, with 4 bars, you go SSJ2, and with 5 bars, SSJ3. It's been heavily reworked as your Ki no longer drops when in transformations, and you can keep a transformation as long as you don't run out of Ki. 

The graphics are also vastly improved, with much better shading on all character models, and all existing locations getting very big reworks to them, such as Glacer having actual snow effects, a very different lighting setting, cool water effects, and much more. All stages get similar changes and the game looks absolutely stunning, and never loses it's stable 60 FPS. 

The soundtrack is also pretty damn awesome, with a wide range of tracks, my personal favourite right now being: 

Right now, the battles and everything is really fun to play around with, although I've had some glitches, such as Ginyu's body swap being really buggy (When the swap happens, the person who was Ginyu does manage to successfully get into the other body, but the other player gets stuck in an animation glitch as Ginyu, and becomes impossible to hit, and gets all of their controls locked out, which means if Ginyu allows the other player to beat down on him, and then perform the body swap, he can easily wait out the timer for an easy win. There's also lag issues and such, but that's to be expected from a beta.

Overall, it's really fun, and honestly, really better than Xenoverse 1. Definitely give it a try when the open beta hits. 

Did anyone notice the unending joy on Zamasu's face when Goku was wailing on him?

eWlFbcb.jpg

He's just full on descended into creepy bastard territory now eh?

Zamasu is a combat sadomasochist, brought on and encouraged by how smug he really is and how resolute he feels that gods should be above mortals. 

Wishing for an immortal body lets him experience it without danger. And as Goku Black, the immortality may not be there, but Zamasu can enact a perverted version of the Zenkai boost non-Super Saiyans have and just keep getting stronger as he takes the pain as it comes, to the point that he may as well be immortal.

Yeah, Zamasu feels the pain. What are they going to do about it though?

Actually, I don't think Zamasu actually feels pain as an Immortal, he never even flinches when he's being stabbed, heck he had zero reaction to his head being fucking destroyed, and even when he got that point blank (Or should I say Point Black HAHAkillme) Kamehameha, he had no reaction to it, plus it's the Super Dragon Balls, they probably gave him a stronger version of Immortallity

Now that I think about it, the revelation of a fourth timeline  effectively means Toriyama has written himself a blank check in terms of how to write the rest of Super out.

He can just claim that the original ending to DBZ, the one with Bra, Uub, and the seemingly obliviousness to gods, is actually a fifth or sixth timeline that just never deviated like the timeline where Battle of Gods took place.

Is there any reason for that to occur? Like I don't see any reason to write characters like Bra out of canon when that can easily just be explained as having not been conceived yet. Pan might be born already, but GT and DBZ never really said who was the oldest out of the two (Not that I'm aware of anyway) so for all we know, Pan's just a year or two older than Bra. 

plus it totally has nothing to do with the fact bra was one of the parts of GT that lead to some of my favourite Vegeta moments, and i think the dynamic between the two is comic gold consider the prince of all saiyans has to deal with a daddys girl lol

So, after today's episode, it seems like there might still be hope for Vegitto to show up and mop the floor with Zamasu and Black. Gowasu decided to take full responsability and will try doing something about this, the only thing I can honestly see him doing to help is either something related to the time rings or giving them the Potara Earrings.