Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

3 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Well, yeah, but I'm just saying that they'll be split by something other than a Universe 7 set of Dragonballs.

It could be an interesting segue for a next arc. Vegetto and gods go to another universe seeing if their Dragonballs can split them up, while the Super Dragonballs are spending time in stasis and being recharged. Meanwhile a threat goes down in Universe 7, again, and brings Gohan and Piccolo and Goten and Trunks back into the fold playing defenders.

Only Universe 6 and 7 have Super Dragon Balls

And since the Dragon Balls we know are based on the Namek ones, which were made from the Super ones, I think it's safe to say these three sets are the only ones.

Yeah, it kinda depresses me that this will be Future Trunks' final appearance in Dragon Ball Super. But still, it's nice to have him as an important character in the video games, mainly Xenoverse.

Spoiler about a future episode:

And when I was thinking that they should have Trunks live with them in the present.

1 hour ago, SS Blue Vegetto said:

Spoiler about a future episode:

Hide contents

And when I was thinking that they should have Trunks live with them in the present.

Spoiler

Nah, it wouldn't feel right for Trunks to abandon the world he worked so hard to protect, he'd probably choose to go back to his world not only to protect it but also to help rebuilding it. Plus, even with his family gone, we see there are indeed still people who care about him there.

23 hours ago, Lime/Key said:

I really do wonder if Akira has any plans for straight-up replacing GT, by showing what officially happens after Goku starts to train Oob.

I very much doubt it. Despite Akira effectively erasing it from canon, he's a known fan of GT, and was the one who contributed some of the character designs (Yes, he made GT Vegeta), and the logo design for the series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Cw6S-yhUAAAFvxT.jpg:large

Spoiler

Cw6jCnjVIAAwqU-.jpg

Cw6jCnoUsAA5rqz.jpg

Cw6jCnnUcAARYcR.jpg

Cw6rgJBUoAASENy.jpg

Spoiler

So currently Beerus is still #1 when it comes to fighters who actively use their power, with Goku Black as #2. Though with Vegeta giving Goku Black one hell of a beating beforehand, Vegeta may have taken the #2 spot for nonfused fighters, with Goku sitting just behind the both of them at #4.

There's been speculation that because the Merged Zamasu is a fusion of an immortal being a mortal being, the end product turned out unstable, and that's why Merged Zamasu is invoking his inner Two-Face in the preview. Looks like that was confirmed here.

It also seems that Vegetto has a weakness unique to him alone. My guess is that since Goku and Vegeta are nearly equal in power and spirit but have a fierce rivalry, Vegetto himself can have conflicting/split personalities at points because of it, rather than a unifying harmony between the two souls used to create him. Kibito was significantly weaker than Shin, which is why Shin's personality takes charge as Kibitoshin, and Merged Zamasu is essentially two Zamasus, which is why his voice has an echo effect, but Vegetto has a dual voice rather than a mix of Goku and Vegeta's.

A minor fly-by detail may have been a hint at a weakness all along. Go figure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Notice also Trunks' sword in the picture, last week Merged Zamasu broke it, now he basically fixed it by making an energy blade to replace the broken part.

This saga sure loves energy blades.

Just wondering from other people's experiences,Which games in the franchise are the best?

Which 2-player games are (generally) the most balanced?

What fans like the most are:

~Budokai 3/Infinite World

~Tenkaichi 3

~Xenoverse 1 and 2

All I just noted have balanced 1v1 multiplayers.

The rest have varied up and down opinions. Super DBZ is pretty good too if you like SF style combat.

7 hours ago, goku262002 said:

What fans like the most are:

~Budokai 3/Infinite World

~Tenkaichi 3

~Xenoverse 1 and 2

All I just noted have balanced 1v1 multiplayers.

The rest have varied up and down opinions. Super DBZ is pretty good too if you like SF style combat.

Dunno if this is a thing in other countries too, but for some reason mine is in absolute love with Final Bout for the first PlayStation. Don't ask why, i always found better DB games to like compared to that.

Hey did you guys love that ex deus machina ending to the Resurrection F? No? Too bad, because the Trunks arc may be ending in a similar way.

• Thumbs Up 1

My opinion on the weakness. Its might sounds a little bit strange. ( This is my guess):

As most of us could guess, the fusion is made from Gokus and Vegeta anger to defeat Zamasu. I don't recall any fusion beign made from this ammount of anger.

What if Vegetto becomes ,,evil'' during the fight? Maybe his anger makes him go mad or something and Trunks needs to stop him.

Spoiler

Goddammit they're actually gonna use the fucking button.

I was kinda hoping it wouldn't end in an anti climax like that, but we'll see how it plays out, we still don't know how the final battle will be like, and if they deliver a good conclusion and in the end it's just that Zamasu's immortality is allowing him to constantly cheat and avoid defeat, instead of him being too powerful, I'm fine with them using the button.

But if it's just ''he's too strong, we're fucked'', then fucking dammit that might ruin this to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I'm overthinking it. Since both Goku and Vegeta were at adult size in SS4 mode when they fused for the fight with Omega, what would happen if they Potara fused when Goku was still back as a kid?

9 hours ago, Lime/Key said:

I think I'm overthinking it. Since both Goku and Vegeta were at adult size in SS4 mode when they fused for the fight with Omega, what would happen if they Potara fused when Goku was still back as a kid?

Considering SSJ4 needing Goku in adult form due to the overwhelming power, it'd likely just be normal Vegito, and the fusion uses Vegeta's height. 

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. 

I fucking knew they were showing Vegetto a bit too casually, and now I know why.

Spoiler

The Potara fusion now was retconned to have a time limit if a non-kaioshin fuses

The time limit is 1 hour, basically Vegetto's replacing Gogeta from canon

Vegetto defused after five minutes because he used too much power, like SSJ4 Gogeta

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

giphy.gif

What the hell did I just watch? Like, Vegetto defused because fuck you, retcon! Ugh. And what the hell was that ending? Trunks forms a Genki Dama and kills Merged Zamasu himself?

*power scaling inconsistencies intensify*

These retcons are getting out of hand. I'm not much of a Gogeta fan but dude, if you have Vegetto turn up, never defusing is a problem. Why is our Kaioshin so god damn incompetent? Now even Old Kai is incompotent compared to Gowasu (who himself is incompetent). I didn't mind Trunks Spirit Sword (or whatever it'll be called when Xenoverse 2 inevitably gets it) but DON'T MESS WITH A MAJOR PLOT POINT FROM A STORY OVER 20 YEARS OLD! If it was so important they defuse, use Gogeta.

32 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Hide contents

These retcons are getting out of hand. I'm not much of a Gogeta fan but dude, if you have Vegetto turn up, never defusing is a problem. Why is our Kaioshin so god damn incompetent? Now even Old Kai is incompotent compared to Gowasu (who himself is incompetent). I didn't mind Trunks Spirit Sword (or whatever it'll be called when Xenoverse 2 inevitably gets it) but DON'T MESS WITH A MAJOR PLOT POINT FROM A STORY OVER 20 YEARS OLD! If it was so important they defuse, use Gogeta.

Spoiler

Spirit Sword is already taken by one of Vegito's ultimate

Well...that retcon was...something else? Anyway, If they just defused and argued that it happened because the SSB power was too much for the fusion I'd have accepted too. But now come and say that non-Kaioshins only last for only an hour after...how much? 20 years?

Spoiler

Well let's be perfectly fair, this retcon doesn't contradict anything, even if it was just used as a convenient way to get Vegetto out of the way. Because let's be honest, Vegetto is TOO broken, if the permanent effect of the Potara was still in effect, then there'd basically be no tension at all. 

Hell, I think everyone is forgetting they bullshitted an excuse for him to defuse the first time for the exact same reason, at least this time they bothered to explain it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kuzu the Boloedge said:
  Hide contents

Well let's be perfectly fair, this retcon doesn't contradict anything, even if it was just used as a convenient way to get Vegetto out of the way. Because let's be honest, Vegetto is TOO broken, if the permanent effect of the Potara was still in effect, then there'd basically be no tension at all. 

Hell, I think everyone is forgetting they bullshitted an excuse for him to defuse the first time for the exact same reason, at least this time they bothered to explain it.

It's definitely contradictory. Are we expected to believe Boohan conveniently absorbed Vegetto just before his fusion was supposed to end? Also, why didn't Elder Kaioshin know of this weakness, and if he did, why didn't he inform Goku of it? Say Vegetto's fight with Boohan lasted for over an hour, they would have been screwed. A lot of people rationalized Vegetto's defusion inside Boo by pointing out that Boo and the Kaioshin don't jive. Dabura points out earlier in the Majin Boo arc that Kaioshin's and Kibito's energy couldn't be used to revive Boo.

Chapter: 447 (DBZ 253), P11.1-3
Context: talking about how Yamu and Spopovitch were followed by Goku and co.
Dabra: “Seems they’re trying to hide from us…In total…there are 7. We can’t use Kaioshin and Kibito’s energy…But 3 of them seem to have marvelous energy…”
Babidi: “Looks like it. It seems that we’ll get more than enough energy from just those 3…Kuhihihi…To think that we’d be able to revive Majin Boo so quickly…”

We also notice that the Kaioshin have an abnormal effect on Boo when they are absorbed. South Kaioshin seemed to increase Boo's strength by an abnormal amount, and Dai-Kaioshin decreased and or restricted Boo's power. It's not unreasonable to assert the Potara were negated in the presence of Boo. Goku even points out that their fusion may have fizzled out because of the bad air inside Boo's body.

Chapter: 506 (DBZ 312), P7.4
Context: after Vegetto splits up inside of Boo
Goku: “Hey what are you doing? Don’t take off your Potara! I think we’ll be able to merge again once we leave Boo’s body! It’s prob-probably the bad air in here that’s keeping us from merging…!”

Honestly, Vegetto being a permanent fusion shouldn't have been an issue. We saw earlier in the series that Kibito and Kaioshin defused as a result of the Dragon Balls.

It honestly gets worse when you think about it from a writing standpoint

First of all, if they wanted to time it, they should've gone with Gogeta, but they wanted Vegetto obviously to please the fanbase, the problem IS that they literally removed all the unique aspects of the Potara fusion, Vegetto doesn't remove all the tension because Merged Zamasu is also a Potara Fusion, they're at the same level, the fight clearly shows it, second of all, they had way too many choices to pick instead of just inserting a random time limit into a fusion that's been 20 years specified as permanent, Zamasu is a Kaioshin, maybe his magic powers can mess with the fusion, maybe the God Ki makes the fusion unstable, heck, maybe DON'T HAVE THEM FUSE if you're going to remove every aspect of said fusion that makes it cool and original, now the Potara Fusion is just a quicker fusion dance method, before it had all the risks of it being forever, or at least until a magic source powerful enough ends it.

And finally, the last episode's preview CLEARLY hyped us on purpose for Vegetto, fully knowing that in the end, he'd basically be filler, if you cut his entire sequence, go straight from Zamasu going berserk and Goku and Vegeta tired to Zamasu still going insane and one shotting those two before Trunks shows up, literally nothing is lost.

Worst of all? This bullshit flat out invalidated Vegetto's use in the future. Now even if a situation gets serious, they'll just use ''oh but it'll burn up the power too quick so it's useless'' for Potara Fusion. This episode literally killed the entire concept of Potara Fusion, not only it's power, the drama, and the uniqueness, but also it's relevance and future in the series.

• Thumbs Up 1