Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

1 hour ago, Ratcicle King said:
  Hide contents

I think Zen'o only nuked the Alternate Universe 7, or else Goku and Trunks wouldn't be able to reach him with the time machine, I mean, if he erased the timeline, it'd most likely be impossible for the time machine to reach him, as the place he's in DOESN'T EXIST anymore.

So I'd say only U7 got nuked, doesn't make it much better, but I think the Other World survived maybe? Unless it's not a shared universal thing but a thing every universe has.

Spoiler

In Dragon Ball, Other World is merely another plane of life situated directly above the living realm, protected by a barrier that no ordinary mortal could cross. IIRC, the order from lowest to highest was Demon Realm < Living Realm < Hell < Worlds of the Kaio/Heaven < Realm of the Kaioshin. Super Saiyan God Goku and Beerus's fight was powerful enough to put the Kaioshin realm at risk. Zen'o is definitely capable of nuking Universe 7's Other World straight out of existence.

Since each Universe has its own set of Kaioshin and Gods of Destruction, it can be surmised that each Universe contains their set of Other Worlds. There's no omnipresent Heaven to speak of.

Zen'o could have just contained it to where only all of Universe 7 was atomized, but Zamasu and Black felt it necessary to kill off all other Kaioshin in the other 11 Universes, and it was implied that Earth was literally the last stop on Zamasu and Black's path toward completing the Zero Mortals Plan. Literally everything except for Zen'o's realm was dead, so Zen'o may as well have just obliterated everything and all the things.

2 hours ago, SS Blue Vegetto said:

Reveal hidden contents

So. can anyone explain me the ending with the Time Rings and 2 Trunks and Mais?

If I had to guess, Beerus kills Zamasu Black while Trunks is still dealing with the applicable Boo villains, thus Mai and Trunks are already there, so when the other adult Mai and adult Trunks return in the time machine, they will meet themselves in the time before the Mr. Repetitve Dialogue mess happened. The Future Mai and Future Trunks still dealing with the Boo villains will be confused about what's going on, but the versions that lived through Mr. Narcissist's mess will still remember what happened.

But that's my interpretation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone's sad to see Trunks leave and I'm just missing Zamasu. XD

I have mixed feelings about Trunks (as I did in DBZ, albeit for different reasons) due to his many ridiculous power-ups, but Zamasu has remains entertaining from start to finish. He's surpassed Cell as my favourite villain in DB. I enjoy that, like Cell, he is weakened by his reliance on Saiyan cells and allows the heroes to get stronger before attempting to kill them. Yet he also executes a rather intelligent plan, gaining immortality and stealing Goku's body after realising that his own will not carry him far enough. It also helps that his motivation stretches beyond simply destroying everything, believing himself to be in the right where other villains reveled in their evil or just didn't care. All of this in addition to his other traits, such as his status as a god, incessant monologuing and the narcissistic relationship and tag team with his alternate self, makes him such a unique villain that will be difficult to top in the coming sagas.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/11/30/voice-cast-revealed-for-the-official-u-s-english-dub-of-dragon-ball-super/

Dub cast revealed for DB Super:

GOKU Seán Schemmel
VEGETA Christopher R. Sabat
BEERUS Jason Douglas
WHIS Ian Sinclair
KRILLIN Sonny Strait
GOHAN Kyle Hebert
BULMA Monica Rial
PICCOLO Christopher R. Sabat
TRUNKS Alexis Tipton
NARRATOR Doc Morgan
GOTEN Kara Edwards
CHI-CHI Cynthia Cranz
A18 Meredith McCoy
MR. SATAN Chris Rager
BUU Josh Martin
KING KAI Seán Schemmel
SHENRON Christopher R. Sabat
VIDEL Kara Edwards
YAMCHA Christopher R. Sabat
TIEN John Burgmeier
SHOU Chris Cason
ROSHI Mike McFarland
PUAR Brina Palencia
PILAF Chuck Huber
OX-KING Kyle Hebert
OOLONG Brad Jackson
MARRON Tia Ballard
KIBITO KAI Kent Williams
ELDER KAI Kent Williams
DENDE Justin Cook
CHIAOTZU Brina Palencia
MAI Colleen Clinkenbeard

Most of the cast, as it is since Kai, will be returning. Meredith McCoy will be returning to voice 18 as she has been over the last few years in Battle of Gods and Revival of 'F' (Colleen Clinkenbeard replaced her for Kai), and Doc Morgan (the narrator for Kai) will be returning to narrate, which breaks up FUNi's streak of every DB anime having its own English narrator (Brice Armstrong for DB, Kyle Hebert for Z, and Andrew Chandler for GT).

Big surprise is Laura Bailey will not be returning to voice young Trunks and has been replaced by Alexis Tipton. Given she works in California and the show's probably on some kind of accelerated schedule, FUNi probably wasn't able to book her. Kind of a shame, but I look forward to hearing how Tipton does, especially when paired with Kara Edwards to play Gotenks. This probably means the Final Chapters (Kai Buu saga) will feature Tipton as Trunks as well.

Wow, FUNi works fast. Just seeing footage in English gives me a big grin on my face. Hope we hear more on when/how it's going to be released soon.

Dub cast is still perfect.

But...

Can we please somehow manage to cut and edit this in a way that Goku is not just barely-functioning and every character isn't comic relief? You know, kinda do an Abridged but for the sake of reverting the tone back closer to the original Z?

Please?

• Thumbs Up 4

18 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Can we please somehow manage to cut and edit this in a way that Goku is not just barely-functioning and every character isn't comic relief? You know, kinda do an Abridged but for the sake of reverting the tone back closer to the original Z?

I'd probably take FUNi's pre-Kai-Goku-but-with-better-writing to tragically-accurate-to-the-Japanese-version-Goku given what I've seen of the Battle of Gods adaptation (I'll stick to the movie...).

9 hours ago, -Robin- said:

CypIs18UcAAAJoZ.jpg

Goku with gelled hair.

Huh.

Wonder how that looks when he's Super Saiyan/3

We'd probably have a similar case to Trunks with his ponytail, where the hair just goes back to SSJ stance because the power is stronger than whatever is holding the hair.

That moment when Vegeta plays in the Universe 6 team in baseball...

Also, Yamcha is doing something. And for that, the commentary will be made by Gokus, Yamchas and Whis voice actors.

Something tells me Hit isnt gonna be in this one, bu please.

It was nice to see Arale after so long. Also it seems that people in Penguin Village don't show many signs of aging.

And it was fun seeing Vegeta trying to adapt his fighting style to defeat a "comical manga character"

And now for some overthinking.

Since Frieza was able to make his strength absurd in just 6 months of training, thanks to the new stories, does that mean that part of Frieza's biology did not blend with Cell's DNA, thus stopping Cell from gaining a boost in power?

For anyone that didn't see the official artwork in regards to the next episode, here it is!

tumblr_inline_ohn1jjFpMd1s7omn3_540.jpg

Spoiler

We can definitely be sure that business schemer (Frost) and legendary assassin (Hit) won't be joining in on this sport for obvious reasons, as Vegeta and Goten are replacing them.

Overall Layout:

Team U7: Beerus, Goku, Trunks, Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, and Yamcha

Team U6: Champa, Vegeta, Goten, Cabba, Botamo, and Magetta

Umpires: Whis and Vados

It's pretty unlikely that Hit would be a part of this sport simply because of his occupation as an assassin. As for Frost's fate...either he got killed off-screen during the events of the Zamasu arc, or he got locked away in an intergalactic prison. I don't believe Hit actually killed him. Although, we probably won't see Frost return anytime soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Lime/Key said:

And now for some overthinking.

Since Frieza was able to make his strength absurd in just 6 months of training, thanks to the new stories, does that mean that part of Frieza's biology did not blend with Cell's DNA, thus stopping Cell from gaining a boost in power?

Cell never trained. His entire schtick is that he's made up of cells of the greatest fighters, and gets stronger not by his own effort, but by absorbing the lifeforce of humans and assimilating the two Artificial Humans.

He's convinced himself that he never needs to really train because, by his account, he's "Perfect", so what's the point. The whole "warming up" bit with Super Vegeta and the "exercises" in space were really just an excuse for him to flaunt his power.

Besides, if he ever really needed to, he could just produce a Cell Jr., have him push Cell to the brink of death, and then recover with regeneration and receive the Saiyan's Zenkai boost. The thought of training would never cross his mind because A) No one properly knew Freeza could shoot up in power from it, and B ) the Zenkai boost provides an immediate result. After waiting 24 years for perfection, Cell's gonna prefer instant benefits.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's official! Super will be premiering on Toonami starting JANUARY 7TH! Not only that, but the Kai Buu saga will ALSO be coming to Toonami on the SAME DAY!

PSYCHED to see Super coming so soon. Now I can enjoy some Super and Kai Buu with the other DB goodies I'm getting for Christmas. :D

1 hour ago, Santa Stache CC14 said:

It's official! Super will be premiering on Toonami starting JANUARY 7TH! Not only that, but the Kai Buu saga will ALSO be coming to Toonami on the SAME DAY!

PSYCHED to see Super coming so soon. Now I can enjoy some Super and Kai Buu with the other DB goodies I'm getting for Christmas. :D

Oh my god its on my birthday :D *remembers I don't have cable* :(