Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I know it is iconic, even DB games make refferences to it.

This episode was really funny, but it felt really annoying when Yamcha kept being almost destroyed by Champa.

And the worst part was Gohan and Goku saying that they remember it, which kinda ruined the joke for me.

Well, the episode turned it into a pose of triumph by having Yamcha win the game with it by having him touch base even when the two cats were fighting, so it's not all bad. Despite being an iron buttmonkey for pretty much most of the episode, Yamcha getting the lead role for once is great.

• Thumbs Up 2

Super's been doing that rather frequently, really. The first episode was Goten and Trunks-centric and they got a mini-arc later on. Mr. Satan got a few episodes for himself. Tien got his role in F, and Chiaotzu and Puar put their skills to use in the episode where Beerus cosplayed as Monaka to fool Goku. Two episodes back we got some 18 focus and Oolong got to show that he too can metamorph, and Roshi got a role in the plot of the Future Trunks arc. 

Really, the only characters that have yet to get real focus in the perspective of their roles in the Dragonball series as a whole are Gohan, and Goten on his own. It's probably not a coincidence that those two are front and center with Goku in that preview of the next episode.

tbh I think the Gohan arc we've been waiting for is here now. We got his desire to train again, we've seen re-access the "Mystic" form, and Champa comments that Gohan's actually pretty damn tough in the baseball episode, as if he was wondering why he wasn't at the Universe 6/7 tournament. Now it just all needs to come together.

I've got some good news for you all! A very familiar android makes his return in DBS, as well as the comeback of our favorite half-breed saiyan! 

Spoiler

Yes, that's right. Android 17 has returned, as well as Gohan. I should point out that the "Assassination" arc with Hit won't be as long as you originally expected it to be. It's actually going to be a short-term arc similar to the Planet Potaufeu arc. However, we'll get a longer arc on February 5th which is called the "Space Survival Arc" (though, it's translated as "Universe Survival Arc" on Todd Blankenship's Twitter account). I'm glad to see Android 17 again, but everyone else is gonna lose their minds over Gohan. I can already tell. So, what do you think about all of this? Who are you more excited for? The hype is definitely real right now!

Source: http://otakomu.jp/archives/473558.html

It seems like we might get that "Multiverse Tournament" arc we've all been waiting for! I can't wait to see what Android 17 and Gohan have in store for us next year!

UPDATE: There's no episode on January 1st, so here's the basic summary for Episodes 73 and 74 of DB Super.

• Thumbs Up 3

Spoiler

Yay Gohan!!

I really wish they'd give characters new costumes. I'm sick of Vegeta's Cell saga look.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a "Universal Survival" arc, like the 6 vs. 7 tournament before it. Looks to be 17 will be a competitor for Team Universe 7. 17 doesn't really have genuine animosity for Goku, just apathy, and he's not stupid that he'll try and carry on Gero's mission now.

Looks to be that there will be 10 competitors per team judging by the picture. 8 of them make sense: Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, 18, Krillin, Piccolo, Tien, and Mr. Buu. The other two, 17 and Roshi, have potential for new stuff though. Toriyama's said recently that Roshi has begun to train again, and given how he was able to down a portion of Freeza's army, he's definitely got the strength for it. On top of that, Roshi's a walking encyclopedia of fighting techniques, even more than Goku's got, so he's got unpredictability on his side. He'll have his moments in this arc better than what Goten and Trunks could pull. And 17 is stronger than Goten and Trunks regardless.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

It's a "Universal Survival" arc, like the 6 vs. 7 tournament before it. Looks to be 17 will be a competitor for Team Universe 7. 

Looks to be that there will be 10 competitors per team judging by the picture. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, 18, 17, Krillin, Piccolo, Tien, Mr. Buu, and Roshi. Toriyama's said recently that Roshi has begun to train again, and given how he was able to down a portion of Freeza's army, he's definitely got the strength for it. On top of that, Roshi's a walking encyclopedia of fighting techniques, even more than Goku's got, so he's got unpredictability on his side. He'll have his moments in this arc better than what Goten and Trunks could pull.

lol. They distrust Yamcha so much to the point of calling Roshi over him for a tournament XD

It takes a strong man to realize his limits. Yamcha would know he doesn't have the level of power like so many others, nor the technical/tactical expertise that Roshi, Gohan, and Piccolo have.

His expertise is in fighting lore, but that doesn't help much against people from literal other universes.

If anything, feel sorry for Chiaotzu. At least that little guy trains with Tien all the time but still gets shafted.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

It takes a strong man to realize his limits. Yamcha would know he doesn't have the level of power like so many others, nor the technical/tactical expertise that Roshi, Gohan, and Piccolo have.

His expertise is in fighting lore, but that doesn't help much against people from literal other universes.

If anything, feel sorry for Chiaotzu. At least that little guy trains with Tien all the time but still gets shafted.

I'd blame that more to Tien. I feel like that, after what happened after the fight with Nappa, Tien became overprotective towards Chiaotzu. At least that's what I think

Lemme guess, Buu is gonna be useless fodder and sleep again isn't he?

I am very interested that 17 is back though, as well as Roshi returning as a fighter.

I am disappoint if we'll never see Yamcha, Chiaotzu, and Yajirobe in action again. (Although I shouldn't really expect much from the last one.)

DB Super Episodes 71-72 Spoilers

Spoiler

The identity of the individual who hired Hit in order to kill Goku has been revealed! Believe me, it's one hell of a plot twist.

Dammit. I always knew Vados was a shady bitch, but I didn't actually think she would be responsible for something like this. I'm actually shocked right now.

25 minutes ago, AngelSlayerN64 said:

DB Super Episodes 71-72 Spoilers

Hide contents

The identity of the individual who hired Hit in order to kill Goku has been revealed! Believe me, it's one hell of a plot twist.

Dammit. I always knew Vados was a shady bitch, but I didn't actually think she would be responsible for something like this. I'm actually shocked right now.

She's acting on behalf of someone else though; more than likely Champa. He probably wants Goku out of the way before the tournament starts because the saiyan gave Hit a hard time, making the outcome of their next battle uncertain.

5 minutes ago, 11 Pawns a-Piping said:

She's acting on behalf of someone else though; more than likely Champa. He probably wants Goku out of the way before the tournament starts because the saiyan gave Hit a hard time, making the outcome of their next battle uncertain.

Spoiler

Yeah, I get that she's not Hit's "true" client, but the overall reveal is a little disappointing to me (I'll eventually get over it due to this arc being so short, though). I expected Hit's client to be that creepy blue demon guy we saw in the preview of Ep. 71. I don't see why Champa and Vados have to be involved (but seeing how this arc will only last for 2 episodes, it's not a huge deal). Oh welI. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

1 hour ago, CD Sanic said:

Courtesy of Herms..

Awesome! I knew this would happen! This is just what I needed.

I can only pray that Super's 17 will be better than Super 17 (though, anything's better than GT). Also, I hope we get to learn more about Hit's origins during the short-term "Assassination" arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Buu Kai preview:

I can't tell if they got rid of the blue-green tint. need to watch the Japanese TV version to be sure.

Also from Kanzenshuu, Toei finally released the details of the "Universe Survival" Arc of DB Super:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/12/15/dragon-ball-super-upcoming-universe-survival-arc-key-visual-synopsis-released/

• Thumbs Up 3

For some reason  I imagined the part where they are planning who to pick for the team and then someone asks

-Hey! What about Yamcha?

-What ABOUT Yamcha?

Spoiler

#DBZAreference

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, goku262002 said:

Also from Kanzenshuu, Toei finally released the details of the "Universe Survival" Arc of DB Super:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/12/15/dragon-ball-super-upcoming-universe-survival-arc-key-visual-synopsis-released/

At Goku’s request, the Omni-Kings’ “Tournament of Power” martial arts tournament between universes now begins! …But this also proves to be the beginning of universal destruction. What awaits the victors of this tournament, and the vanquished…?! How will these intense team battles between the elites of each universe turn out…?!

"Universal Survival" is right, the stakes are certainly high for this arc.

Also it just hit me, we could see a total of 125 new characters introduced in this arc, 105 combatants, 10 Destroyer gods, and 10 angels.

15 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

"Universal Survival" is right, the stakes are certainly high for this arc.

Also it just hit me, we could see a total of 125 new characters introduced in this arc, 105 combatants, 10 Destroyer gods, and 10 angels.

It would be such a shame if Toriyama introduced all of those concepts, and makes endless possibilities for these new universes we know nothing about, only to have the Omni King(s) possibly wipe them out later. I hope it doesn't resort to that, but I have a strong feeling it will.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alexis Tipton sounds pretty good as Trunks, going off of that clip. Can't wait for the Kai Buu saga!

Though, I'm a bit out of the loop on how the Final Chapters were produced: Did they go ahead and crop them to 16:9 or is this something FUNi edited specifically for this clip? I really don't like seeing the original DBZ animation cropped at all, so I'm a little worried about this.

And I'm definitely intrigued by the "Universal Survival" arc, especially to see 17 back in action. Maybe we'll get a glimpse of his family? I wonder how he got dragged into this. And, hey, Chuck Huber gets to do more 17, and that's not a bad thing!

This Universal Survival Arc sounds really intriguing. That fact that Gohan and 17 are going to be in this arc as well has me kinda hyped for this.