Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

The weird thing about Episode of Bardock is that now that special has a logistical chance of being legitimately canon since DB Online and Xenoverse, material that can be considered canon to some degree with parallel worlds, has an antagonist that can interfere with time for her own machinations.

Hell, Masked Saiyan didn't even debut in Xenoverse 2. He showed up all the way back in DB Online's early days. 

That would have made for an amazing plot. The Super Saiyan legend only came to be because a time-manipulating demon needed it to come to pass for her own ultimate goals? Puts a big damper on the mystique and legend behind it, wouldn't it?

• Thumbs Up 2

Problem is with EoB, its very plot-hole heavy so much so TFS even couldn't fix it and chalked it up to a fever dream gohan was having. it was a 1 off, and for the most part its going to be largely forgotten because of its plot-hole heavy status against the anime and manga. if Bardock is brought back in Super, I'm betting Toei will go with the anime and OVA's adaption and add Gine in some other way (unless Toriyama absolutely insists on DB- being canon).

Xenoverse doesn't even acknowledge EoB happening in XV2 during the main story, Bardock basically was pulled before the Deathball hit him and was placed under the Time Breaker mask's spell, after which Towa tweaked and manipulated his body to break his natural limits allowing him to go Super Saiyan's 1-3 against Mira in the Cracks Between Time. after which he just...disappeared. he didn't go back and die like he was supposed to but Chronoa and the time patrol can't find him though the new Masters DLC sheds some light on it afterwards. (and a set up for his role in XV3). though EoB does get a mention with helping a time patroller in one of the PQs, its largely ignored in the main game.

Super DB Heroes went with a similar storyline of the masked saiyan as XV only instead of after breaking the mask and fighting Mira on his own he helped the main cast defeat Towa and Mira and as of recently got promoted to a time patroller. (which I hope Xenoverse goes with, love to have Bardock as a TP).

I can't recall the events of DB online but according to the wikia, Bardock was abducted the same was as Heroes and Xenoverse, and since EoB wasn't a thing yet its not mentioned at all during TB Bardock's arc.

Found this pretty damn funny, specifically...

Elder Kai: "You fool! The potara earrings are sacred! Their effect is much stronger than the fusion technique!"

Kibitokai: "I don't know, the fusion technique isn't something to be taken lightly"

Elder Kai: "The fusion technique has a weakness, its effects wear off after 30 minutes"

Elder Kai: "The potara earrings hold no such weakness! Honestly, you young kais have so much to learn"

Kibitokai: "But what about the fact that you can never return to how you were before? That seems like a bit of a weakness"

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Ryannnumber1gamer said:

"The potara earrings hold no such weakness!''

Dragon Ball Super wants to talk with you, Elder Kai.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:36 AM, Ryannnumber1gamer said:

Honestly, I'd love something, let it be Super or something non-canon where Goku gets to finally meet Gine. A lot of non-canon material went into Goku meeting Bardock, but Gine always seems to be ignored, and I think it'd be cool to see her interacting with Goku seeing as she is known as one of the kinder saiyans.

Does this count?

Spoiler

Kid Goku meets Gine.

When I saw this for the first time, it was pretty heartwarming.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Ryannnumber1gamer said:

Found this pretty damn funny, specifically...

Elder Kai: "You fool! The potara earrings are sacred! Their effect is much stronger than the fusion technique!"

Kibitokai: "I don't know, the fusion technique isn't something to be taken lightly"

Elder Kai: "The fusion technique has a weakness, its effects wear off after 30 minutes"

Elder Kai: "The potara earrings hold no such weakness! Honestly, you young kais have so much to learn"

Kibitokai: "But what about the fact that you can never return to how you were before? That seems like a bit of a weakness"

In regards to "What-if" Scenarios, it would be pretty amusing to see Mr. Popo fuse with the Omni King.

Spoiler

Mr Zenpo, the God of Infinity

This is absolutely magnificent. True perfection at its finest.

Am I the only one who is OK with Goten and Trunks not being in the team?

I really want the old cast to have an usefull role.

Especially Piccolo.

2 hours ago, Jotaro Kujo (Diamond) said:

Especially Piccolo.

You're not alone. There's most likely an age limit in the tournament. Also, Chi Chi would just make Goten study, while Bulma would tell Kid Trunks to stay in school with the Pilaf Gang.

BTW, I would love to see Piccolo get his revenge against Frost.

Real talk here: Spike the Devilman should totally replace Master Roshi. If Spike ever fought against someone like Frost, I imagine it would be pretty similar to how he squared off against Mecha Frieza and King Cold in that hilarious What-if scenario of DBZ: BT3.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would love the idea, but there are some problems.

1. I don't tink Akira or Toei remember him.

2. If it is similar to the Universal Tournament, killing is not allowed.

I would love if they made Vegeta forfeit and make Piccolo fight for him as a payback for the U6 VS U7 Tournament.

25 minutes ago, Jotaro Kujo (Diamond) said:

I would love the idea, but there are some problems.

1. I don't tink Akira or Toei remember him.

2. If it is similar to the Universal Tournament, killing is not allowed.

That's technically what I meant in regards to the old cast (i.e. Devilman) playing an important role, though.

However, if Frost tries to cheat again, the two Omni Kings could possibly let Spike kill him.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2017 at 8:15 AM, Jotaro Kujo (Diamond) said:

Especially Piccolo.

But all these older characters accomplished something at some point. Goten and Trunks got a stupid fusion that was annoying and couldnt finish a fight, got absorbed, died, then nothing. I think they need at least one big victory already 

The reason why him and Trunks was fighting so much last saga was because Trunks stole his candy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone ever get the chance to check out the origin of Raditz in Dragon Ball Zero? If not, you should consider reading it.

Even though this is technically non-canon, I still think it's an amazing backstory for Raditz. There's so much that they could've done with Raditz in terms of storytelling and character development in DBZ, but this fan-manga is really interesting to the point where it makes me view him in a much more positive light.

Also, here's some character profiles if you're curious: http://www.dragonballzero.com/characters.php?nr=1

• Thumbs Up 2

Bra is here at last!

Oh and I guess they fight Freeza and Cell too, but this time Krillin is fighting them off!

• Thumbs Up 3

Ha ha, Cell time. Missed the guy. Also, that Bra episode sounds kinda adorable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vegeta being all nervous about his pregnant wifey is going to be so hilarious/cute.

"What's more, she'll be giving birth soon,

and Vegeta is so nervous he can't calm down"

That made me lol. How times change! I wonder if he even knew she was the first time around.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can confirm from the Katakana that Frieza, Cell and Boo were all in that text.

Does this mean Oob will be born late?