Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

4 hours ago, Pawn said:

Summaries for 86-89 have been released:

Hide contents

DBS ep.86: "Trading Blows for the First Time! Android No. 17 vs Son Goku!!"
April 16th

As Son Goku and the gang hurry to gather members for the Tournament of Power, the Gods of Destruction plot to squash Goku's home, Universe 7. Unaware of this, Goku tries to recruit Android No. 17.

Newtype Summary:

As Goku hurries to gather members for the tournament of power, he comes to the island where No. 17 works at an animal reserve. There Goku spars with No. 17 to gauge his power, then immediately tries to recruit him. But No. 17 turns Goku down. Why?!

DBS ep. 87: "Hunt the Poachers! Goku and No. 17's Joint Battle!!"
April 23rd

After No. 17 turns down Goku's attempt to recruit him, Goku tries to convince him. The two then sense someone approaching. The sky goes dark, and when they look up, there's a giant spaceship in the sky.

Newtype Summary:

No. 17 battles poachers to save animals. Wanting to recruit No. 17 for the Tournament of Power at all costs, Goku joins the fight. Though No. 17 had turned Goku down before, after the poachers are defeated with Goku's help, he agrees to enter the tournament. Meanwhile, Gohan is off visiting Piccolo.

DBS ep.88: "Gohan and Piccolo: The Master and Disciple's Intense Training to the Limit!"
April 30th

While Goku recruits No. 17, Gohan has been visiting Piccolo. Piccolo has promised Goku that he will train Gohan until the tournament.

DBS ep.89: "A Mysterious Beauty Appears! Mystery of the Tenshin-Style Dojo?!"
May 7th

When Goku comes to visit Kame-sennin, Oolong tells him Kame-sennin is at the dojo Tenshinhan opened. Meanwhile, a mysterious beautiful girl calling herself "Yurin" visits the Tenshin-style dojo.

Sounds like 17s episode will drag a bit

3 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

They are really dragging out actually getting to the tournament.

Well there's a reason why folks all it Drag On Ball

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Great Yamcha said:

That woman better be Lunch.

What if she claims to be Lunch's daughter and comes to meet her possible father? I know Ten never showed actual interest in her...but they must have tried at least once before Ten went loner during the Buu saga

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/7/2017 at 11:13 PM, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

They are really dragging out actually getting to the tournament.

The pacings is fine, I don't want it rushed anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Well...after all it seems at least Vados is the only one not angry at Goku (well, "Cleopatra" said he was pretty...but that doesn't actually mean anything)

I think it's time Goku uses the power of a montage to pick up the U7 fighters.

A lot of new information from the Toei website (released alongside a montage of scenes with 17 from DBZ) is being translated by Herms98 on Twitter, including:

Names of the remaining angels

and

I'm not surprised to see 11 above the rest of the competitors and for 6 to only make it above 7 and 9.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well overall Champa does seem less moody and more agreeable then Beerus so I can see why he'd cultivate a stronger mortal level. 

Welp, Android 17 finally fights Goku for the first time in the new episode of Super.

Spoiler

He's strong enough to easily keep up with Super Saiyan Blue and it's basically stated that he's still holding back.

So, basically, 17 has easily surpassed his GT self and Super 17, and he's basically the strongest mortal in Universe 7, if you don't count Future Trunks. Dude has come a long way.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Candescence said:

Welp, Android 17 finally fights Goku for the first time in the new episode of Super.

Hide contents

He's strong enough to easily keep up with Super Saiyan Blue and it's basically stated that he's still holding back.

So, basically, 17 has easily surpassed his GT self and Super 17, and he's basically the strongest mortal in Universe 7, if you don't count Future Trunks. Dude has come a long way.

I don't know about the keeping up with Blue, as even Krillin somehow managed to engage with him in a beam struggle several episodes ago. It's most likely fan service (thanks to Goku holding back or just Toei overdoing it) and/or an attempt to show that power levels don't matter so much anymore. I don't think he'll be as strong as Gohan (once he's back up to speed) or Buu. It wouldn't make sense.

Goku states he held back to avoid killing 17. He's not stronger than Blue, he's just strong enough to survive fighting it.

2 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Goku states he held back to avoid killing 17. He's not stronger than Blue, he's just strong enough to survive fighting it.

No, 17 says Goku is holding back, to which Goku replies that 17 also is.

Yea, I had so many problems with this entire episode. To address the point above, even if Goku was holding his SSB back, how would he know how much to limit considering he said he can't even sense 17's energy? Realistically, Goku should've been accidently stomping this character.

Another huge glaring oversight was 17 somehow being comparable to at least SS3+ level and most likely way more above since he wasn't even trying here.

How is it possible that DB Super's 17, the same guy from over a 10 year period who now has wife and kids who can't even spare the 2 hours to go to a tournament, which means he can't even spare the time for actual real training because his island and animals are always in danger, suddenly comparable to god tier, when not even his future self nor his sister in DBZ, who "trained" for even longer and harder conditions, from fighting the Z Warriors before future Trunks was even born until after finally killing off adult Gohan, somehow never progressed within roughly those 15 years, and in fact, were weaker than their present time SS1+ level counterparts?

What changed? They just retconned and made it so that these androids are prodigies now and can train just like Frieza when that clearly wasn't the case with their original lore. If the DB Super writters expect me to believe this was the case, then Cell has got to be the most pointless creation the Red Ribbon army ever concieved.

And the fact there's so much more blatant errors within this episode...Idk, this episode in particular didn't sit right with me at all unlike any other one. I loved the animation though, despite the whole situation taking me out of the fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys are seeing this the wrong way, you're thinking of SSJB as a powerup and just that. Remember, the form allows for Goku to have perfect ki control, which means he has no problem lowering his energy output to match the oponent. Meanwhile other forms like, say, Super Saiyans 1-3 are powerups, and said forms are constantly leaking power and outputting energy. Goku saw he was stronger than SSJ and instead of going to SSJ2, which would THEN lead to him actually accidently stomping 17, he went Blue. SSJB  allows for a better control of the power output in his attacks, which is why he's been using it a lot lately to test the Earth fighters.

• Thumbs Up 2

It still doesnt add up, though. It's been established that Goku at base is way beyond SS3+ tier now, considering Goku's base can hold his own against Beerus where his DBZ's Buu Saga SS3 form prior had absolutely zero chance even with the most minimal of effort from Beerus, base Copy - Vegeta completely outclassing SS3 Gotenks and base Goku smacking around RoF 4th form Frieza, the same Frieza that smacked around and practically killed an (albeit rusty) SS2 gohan, but at his 1st form... in his pod, no less.

The fact that somehow, 17 is now able to smack around SS1 Goku at this point without even trying now, mind you, with all of the circumstances that led 17 up to this point, let alone forcing Goku to skip to SSB and STILL have 17 not trying, is nonsense.

And SSB is a power up just like any other form. Goku's ki being more stable and controllable doesn't change this fact. It's just immeasurable at this point, a point that the writters are constantly forgetting as well as his base form level ever since this season started.

And it doesn't make any sense to first get smacked up in SS1 form, then go to one of your most fierce forms to just then limit yourself significantly down to your opponent who doesn't and shouldn't even be around SS3+ levels, let alone god ki levels of power anyway, especially considering how Goku has no frame of reference to limit himself anyway, because again, 17's an android, and Goku confirmed right in the beginning he can't sense his energy.

It just doesn't add up. This is besides the point that what is Goku even preparing everyone with SSB form for? There's no killing allowed in the Tournament of Power, and when you have people like Master Roshi joining the frey, you know the enemies are gonna have to hold back too. So whats the point?

Remember that the two Artificial Humans have an infinite power supply - they can never get tired. Either they curbstomp their weaker foes without breaking a sweat, they play the attrition game against those with similar level, or they get curbstomped by their wholly stronger foes if said foe initiates the stomp. 

17 is capable of running on forever against a Super Saiyan Blue Goku who has a mastery on his ki output and is not looking for that stomp. It's not like Super Saiyan 3 or Blue make Saiyans completely impregnable to where its impossible to gauge a person's strength. Goku was scouting, and Super Saiyan Blue gives him the flexibility in output to get a good measurement on where 17's cap is - 17 has infinite power supply, but not unlimited.

It still doesn't make any sense. Like I said earlier. Not even 17's future self in DBZ's 15 - 16 straight years of killing and training spree with the Z warriors get him anywhere near past even Super Piccolo, let alone their own present time selves.

Yet here we are with DB Super's 17, a man who for 10 years, has wife and kids and can't even find 2 hours to train properly, is now suddenly arguably waaaay beyond Buu Saga SS3 level considering he stomped on Goku's SS1 form without even trying..... I can't be the only one seeing this huge flaw here. It doesn't matter if his ki is limiteless. He shouldn't be competing, especially at THIS level in the first place. This didn't prevent 17 getting completly manhandled by cell in the present, nor did it prevent his whoopings by SS1+ future Trunks in his future timeline. 

Edit: I also want to clarify that I know this a sparring match, too, but still, the way 17 handled his rubber banding here, Mario Kart cpu's would stand over and give a round of applause.

And i'm just saying it doesn't make any sense to turn blue when Goku has literally no frame of reference of 17's energy. He specifically states this. SSB especially with this knowledge in mind is complete over kill. Goku's base form was already way more than enough regardless, because he's still too strong for 17 in any form any way you slice it, and it's not like Goku can't lower his ki outside of SSB, either, but the writters forget major points about Goku. 

Future androids did not train. They simply killed everyone. And most caught them alone fighting together.   as goku said he didn't intend to go blue but 17s strength surprised him