Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I started thinking about this. America will probably run the show on Toonami, which is on Adult Swim. What about the other countries(As far as i know, only the USA has Adult Swim)? Cartoon Network?

Just look at Kai's airing channels across the world and that will give you a clear answer.

Things are getting interesting!
We get to see Goku and Black fight for a bit. I can't say it's the most interesting looking fight, but given it's Goku's first meeting with Black, I shouldn't have expected anything too intense. What is interesting is the revelations and yet another callback to the original series.

Spoiler

First we learn that the Black's Ring of Time in fact belongs to the Kaioshin (more than likely the one featured in the intro) and that it's really only meant to travel forward to the future and then back to the past, but due to the distortion created by the Time Machine, it allowed Black the ability to temporarily go to the present timeline. As the distortion stabilizes and pulls him back, Black destroys Trunks's Time Machine, and happy in the knowledge that no one can stand up to him since he believes Trunks is stuck in the past. Bulma, however, remembered something and digs up the Time Machine Cell used to travel to the present timeline; it's still as rusty as ever, but it gives our heroes some hope they can still stop Black. And, finally, it's revealed Future Mai is still alive and she'll be back next episode!

I'm looking forward to when we get the big reveal of who Black really is. Is he a corruption of the Kaioshin that took on Goku's form? Is he another entity that killed the Kaioshin and stole the Ring of Time?

On 6/27/2016 at 7:45 PM, Pawn said:
Spoiler

Side note: it would be cool if Trunks' sword was the Z Sword, but the design is definitely different.

This actually makes think of something else...

Spoiler

Trunks managed to beat Babadi and Dabra before they could summon Buu; Kaioshin helped train Trunks, but since he didn't have to fight Buu, he was probably never asked to pull the sword. Maybe they'll have to retrieve the Z-Sword in the future timeline to fight Black? Given that a Kaioshin (the green one) is partly involved with everything going on, it'd make sense this could eventually lead back to their world.

5 hours ago, goku262002 said:

Just look at Kai's airing channels across the world and that will give you a clear answer.

Sooo, if DBZ Kai didnt air there, does that mean no Super?

13 hours ago, Diamond said:

Sooo, if DBZ Kai didnt air there, does that mean no Super?

Going by goku's comment. It is a strong possible truth.

4 hours ago, Eternal EX said:

Going by goku's comment. It is a strong possible truth.

Yeah, unless toei makes a separate deal with super your chances of getting super in a country are about the same as Kai's.

On 7/4/2016 at 7:57 AM, Zaysho said:

This actually makes think of something else...

Hide contents

Trunks managed to beat Babadi and Dabra before they could summon Buu; Kaioshin helped train Trunks, but since he didn't have to fight Buu, he was probably never asked to pull the sword. Maybe they'll have to retrieve the Z-Sword in the future timeline to fight Black? Given that a Kaioshin (the green one) is partly involved with everything going on, it'd make sense this could eventually lead back to their world.

Spoiler

The Z Sword was nothing special besides having Old Kaioshin sealed in it, though. So besides using it to train, there's no real point.

3 hours ago, Marcello said:
  Hide contents

The Z Sword was nothing special besides having Old Kaioshin sealed in it, though. So besides using it to train, there's no real point.

Actually...

Spoiler

The Z-Sword is stupidly heavy and even Supreme Kais can't lift it properly, nor can Gohan until he spends quite a lot of time training with it, so it is a pretty great training tool on its own, and swinging something of sheer weight around with the proper force that can cut through virtually anything short of Katchin would be a pretty sweet weapon as well provided that it doesn't break.

The real question is if Super has a chance of airing in the UK. Kai was aired starting from 2013/2014 on Kix! I think, which is a free channel in the UK, but it's been off for the last year or so. Cartoon Network may pick it up, but it ultimately depends on how much violence ends up in the English dub because Cartoon Network UK hasn't brought back Toonami.

Maybe Super has a chance in Latin America then since Kai's been airing in CN for some time. 

Goku Black is the only villain in Super so far that has taken Beerus's presence without fear and concern. He just calmly and caustically acknowledged his presence on Earth and then focused back on Goku. 

Golden Freeza, who could put dents in Super Saiyan Blue Goku, was horrified by Beerus. Goku Black's not even phased.

It's a nice change and leads to belief that he is hiding far more secrets and power than he's letting on. I'm really interested to see what he truly is.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some interesting news.

On August 27th,on Fuji TV,  Ressurection F(movie) will air on TV but as an extended edition with some Future Trunks scenes.

1 minute ago, goku262002 said:

Kanzenshuu posted about it as well:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/07/21/resurrection-f-special-edition-fuji-tv-broadcast-include-new-trunks-material/

So what are they gonna do about DVD releases?

Rerelease. More money for them. If it comes to the west, I guess I should be glad I haven't bought it yet.

I've been debating, if I complete my collection of the original Dragon Ball, if I should get the original DBZ, or DBZ Kai

On one hand, DBZ Kai would probably be cheaper since it has almost no filler. On the other hand? I've heard at least some of that filler is still entertaining and even adds character. I know there was one filler scene even my brother was sad to see go, and he wasn't a fan of most of it.

So it's a dilemma. Of course, if I get the original version, I doubt I'd take the time to watch all of it; any lists I can depend on for "canon and good/entertaining filler episodes?"

As for the topic at hand...I'm with Marcello, glad I haven't bought Resurrection F yet, or I'd feel cheated.

The only fillers I would really recommend are the Gohan episodes during the 1 year preparation for the Saiyans, and the filler during the prep for the Cell Games. Pretty charming stuff and gives insight to how Gohan sees the world and how his forced role into combat affects him emotionally.

• Thumbs Up 2

DBZ is actually completely riddled with filler and padding, problem is that it's completely ingrained into the plot and the only way to skip it is to fast forward through all the "woah did you see Goku punch that guy?" "wow I can't believe he punched that guy?" "bruh he's so strong this power level is so huge" "omg I'm so scared" *audibly gasps for 2 minutes*. And then there's the infamous charging and screaming for 5+ minutes scenes (though the Faulconer score made it kind of cool every once in a while).

I think there's also recycled punching/dodging cycles they would endlessly repeat throughout battles too but it's been a while since I watched old school Z, Kai removes all this for a slightly more enjoyable experience. I recommend checking a few fight scenes of the original Z on youtube and see if the padding bothers you. If you can get past it Z's music's more interesting than Kai's garbage trumpet farts OST but outside of that Kai's probably the definite way to watch the series.

...I do miss some of the legitimate filler though like Gohan training with Piccolo in the beginning and with Goku during Cell Games like Robin said. That was arguably my favorite part of the series so idk what's the true definite way to watch DBZ.

According to TheDevilsCorpse from Kaznenshuu, this popped up on Amazon Japan

Spoiler

CoaH7hmUIAE7DwO.jpg

Spoiler

Super Saiyan Pink? That's great, LMAO :lol:

Spoiler

Probably just a warped version of Super Saiyan, we still don't know if Black is using Future Goku's body or not yet.

Also Gogeta? hmmm...

Spoiler

Somebody on twitter already made this 

CoaZT2RWIAAiZML.jpg

Were getting there. All we need is Black and White and we have a full ranger set

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, Goku's base state has black hair, so he's the Black ranger, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

False Super Saiyan would do if it weren't for the reddish gold tint.

Theirs also this state from #195, dubbed "black haired super saiyan". basically a last minute animation edit since goku was supposed to go Super but script writers felt it would blow Pikkon's reaction to it later on.
latest?cb=20120601105911

Well other than the reveal of the amazing

Spoiler

SSJ PINK GOKU BLACK

what about the OTHER thing that we should notice:

Spoiler

GOGETA IS THERE.

The cards seem to be mostly about the Goku Black arc, even including spoilers to Black's possible transformation, so does that mean HE'S GOING TO APPEAR IN SUPER?

I mean after the Super Saiyan God Kaioken I won't doubt ANYTHING.

Spoiler

Or the Pink hair could indicate a new power level for the SSJG state. Super Saiyan pink. That would probably annoy Vegeta to no end. His dignity thrown out the window (again) because of his hair color.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, since we dont have an Dragon Ball Heroes thread, i think this is the place to post this.

We are getting a Super Dragon Ball Heroes manga.

Soo, Dragon Ball will now have  3 official manga franchises: Dragon Ball (the series), Dragon Ball Fusions and Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

I would love if we got a Xenoverse manga but make it longer. Like at least 10 chapters.

• Thumbs Up 2