Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

The problem with the theories about  Zen'O, or Grand Priest being evil or a Multiversal war is that, well, the Z-Warriors are hilariously underleveled, we'd need an asspull even bigger than Super Saiyan Rage and Spirit Bomb Spirit Sword Sword (Spirit Spirit Sword Sword) for them to be a match against everyone else, heck, Goku himself is still weaker than Beerus, as we clearly saw he couldn't do a thing if the GoD wanted to kill him, and now he'd have to fight even more who are probably as strong if not stronger than Beerus, and then we have Zen'O, who can literally just go ''yeah I don't like this'' and wipe out an entire multiverse.

As much as I'd like a multiversal war, it just can't happen without some major asspulls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spirit Spirit Sword Sword sounds so perfect tho'

Anyways, I think everyone agrees some shit will go down, and the arc itself hints at that, when you think about it. If it were just the tournament, why would it be called ''Universal Survival Saga'' instead of just ''Tournament of Might Saga''? It's similar to the Future Trunks Saga, where they could've just called it Goku Black Saga, but he wasn't the real big bad, and naming it after said big bad would spoil the surprise(Even tho' it was really fucking obvious).

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So, on another note. Has anyone been watching the English dub of Super? I've been loving it so far. Highlight from episode 5 most definitely being King Kai's reaction to Goku wanting to take on Beerus. "I swear, sometimes I think you have brain damage!".

I've really enjoyed watching Super on Toonami so far.  It is nice to finally have a true sequel to DBZ, GT disappointed me as a kid, but now having a proper successor, things just feel right. 

Although Beerus is way too OP!  Which is pretty funny, I guess.

2 hours ago, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

I am usually not into fan theories, but this one from the Dragon Ball Reddit seems really good.

Reveal hidden contents

I definitely don't think we'll see an evil Zeno, or a "good" one for that matter, given how neither cared that their little game actually involved destroying real planets. (Well, unless Zamasu somehow corrupted Future Zeno.) They could always disagree and start a childish war over that, but it's really difficult to say when we have so little information.

• Thumbs Up 1

I highly doubt a evil Zamatsu . There's noting supporting it. They are kids. They are naive and beerus said it best. It's not that he is bad or evil he is just a child innocent who sees wiping out something as just doing it

17 minutes ago, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

And we already have new charcaters:

Reveal hidden contents

The 3 fighters Gohan, Buu and Goku are gonna challenge are...

https://mobile.twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/829574413578219520

Bergamo, Lavenda and Basil.

Spoiler

Cool designs.

Though, the one without pants makes me uncomfortable =P

Spoiler

So we officially have a Dragon Ball furryverse.

So people in universe 9 are named after planta I see: Basil usually used on food, lavender is an aromatic one and bergamo I don't know... I just knew bergamo the city, it's the first time I heard there was a plant

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:
  Hide contents

So we officially have a Dragon Ball furryverse.

So people in universe 9 are named after planta I see: Basil usually used on food, lavender is an aromatic one and bergamo I don't know... I just knew bergamo the city, it's the first time I heard there was a plant

Bergamots, a type of orange :U

I haven't posted my thoughts on the new opening. I like the video, but not the song. It just doesn't really scream Dragon Ball Z to me. I think Kai did a better job at that. "Dragon Soul" and the current "Fight it Out" both instantly sound like DB to me.

The official site has update with character profiles for Basil, Bergamo, 9th Universe Kai and God of Destruction and the 11th Universe Kai.

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/chara/#chapter4

The God of Destruction is the dwarf and is named Sidra according to Google Translate. Cider, maybe?

Basil is the on with no pants. He's a kicking expert. Bergamo is the blue one with boots and he seems to fight with poison.

There's some more stuff on the site.

• Thumbs Up 4

23 hours ago, Marcello said:

I haven't posted my thoughts on the new opening. I like the video, but not the song. It just doesn't really scream Dragon Ball Z to me. I think Kai did a better job at that. "Dragon Soul" and the current "Fight it Out" both instantly sound like DB to me.

Dragon soul is the most cringe worthy song ive ever heard

For those that feared that Goku's recklessness will just go unpunished and be just a "quirky" thing about this arc.

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

I think he got the message.

As an aside, holy wow this animation in Super now. I approve of the new filtering they're using now.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now I remember what made Buu so special. He's a living stress ball. He was kicked all over the place by Basil and he barely felt anything

On 2/12/2017 at 1:26 AM, -Robin- said:

For those that feared that Goku's recklessness will just go unpunished and be just a "quirky" thing about this arc.

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

I think he got the message.

As an aside, holy wow this animation in Super now. I approve of the new filtering they're using now.

except right after this scene he STILL was buddy buddy  with Zeno much to everyone's chagrin sooooo

Well, I did say he got the message. I didn't say he necessarily understood it. =p

Just look at how critically Gohan and Beerus are taking this despite Goku's confidence, and even Mr. Satan called him out on his bad behavior. I think this will be a running theme, and come to a head at the end of the arc, when either Goku loses dramatically early on, or his head gets stuck so far up his ass that everyone turns against him.

I'm calling it now. Gonna be a Cell Games situation. Goku becomes an over confident shit, and ends up getting everyone screwed over because of it. At the end, they barely scrape a win, and Goku's going to end up paying a price for being the same cocky shit. 

Tbh, from what I've seen of Super (Episodes 1-3 and 5-6) I'm getting really annoyed by how Goku's acting. Like I get that Toriyama has this idea that Goku's a selfish fighter, but there's only so many times you can make Goku into a brain dead dickhead before people start getting really annoyed and saying that this is just flat out flanderization. Even back in DBZ, when Goku did make mistakes, like he did in the Cell Saga, he came back and actually learned from them. This time, he wasn't going to be a cocky shit for the sake of rivalry. He even convinces Vegeta to put aside their stupid pride, and their stupid rivalry for the sake of everyone else that they care about and turn into Vegito because he realized that he couldn't do it alone. 

Here? Goku can't even fucking remember that he got King Kai killed thanks to the consequences of the Cell Games, doesn't understand what 100 Million Zeni equals out to, and acts like a hyperactive child who can't sit still for more than a few minutes. 

And I know someone's going to end up bringing up that "That's how Toriyama said Goku should act! His heroic personality was more from the anime!", And I then ask why does that matter? When a character still acts like a douchebag who constantly places his own friends and family in danger for a stupid fight, I'm not automatically gonna excuse it because "well thats how hes supposed to act!". And that's even keeping in mind this is literally right after the Black Saga, in which Goku found out what happened to Goten and Chi Chi in Black's world. 

• Thumbs Up 3

There's even a more annoying Goku scene in the Black Arc.

He forgot the Senzus when they went to the future to fight Black. (and Zamasu, but they didn't know he would be there)

• Thumbs Up 1