Awoo.

All EU PS3 users to get....

Badnik Mechanic

What you could do before was play a game, press the PS button and then just press one other button before going into trophies and seeing what you needed to do/still had to do for that game... now you have to navigate to another area of the XMB in order to do that.

The "cheat code" used to be PS Button, Up, Up, X. Now it's PS Button, Right, Right, Down, Down, X the first time and just right twice afterwards because it memorizes where you left the cursor.

I don't mind this change much because Trophies do belong in Network (they're an account feature) and they've improved it up a bit (offline/online modes, faster sync, Vita trophy display).

That Singstar icon is giving me the cancers, though.

I had all my games perfectly sorted in folders let me disable that shit it's tearing me apart

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really care about organization, all my downloadable games/betas/demos are in a folder called "No Title", but the fact that a game I would never be intrested in playing its just there for no reason makes me a bit mad.

Edited by Tmsp

Now you lot in the US... I don't know why you're laughing.... Because it's coming to you soon too! As the PS Blog entry promises more details for US users too... I bet you can't wait.

Can't say I mind or care all that much. Just like the PsHome icon and other icons for applications I don't use.... I will easily ignore it. I usually don't spend much time on the XMB so I can say I won't be seeing much of the icon anyhow. Nor did i really care about trophies so the fact that the "trophy" icon moved over to the network section and the singstar replaced it doesn't really bother me either...

meh... that's just me... sucks for everyone else I guess. Hopefully they'll get rid of it for those who care and consider it an eyesore.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had never even heard of this game till now.

btw, is anyone else having a hard time staying connected to PSN? I tried downloading the All-Star's beta, and it froze at 11%.

As someone who lives in the EU who actually has the platinum on Singstar I have this to say 'get this piece of shit off my XMB and give me back the trophy icon!'

Interesting little factoid here at least...

So I got bored and fired the thing up... funnily enough, it uses a different logo and the trophies stack, so technically it's a free platinum for anyone who gives two shits. *shrugs*

*edit* I see now why. On further inspection, the trophy list is vastly different, with much lower requirements than the disc version for most. The profile views one no longer exists either... unless it's secret.

Edited by Andrew Albacia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well that is quite annoying and for it to be right underneath the game icon is even worse.

I could get over the trophy being in the Playstation Network section but this is just annoying.

The day after...

The fallout from yesterdays change and Nina's customer service hasn't gone away, another Playstation Blog staffer as commented on it.

Fred, I hope you’re going to talk to Nina about a concept banded around for a few years called Customer Relations, including a little idea known as “The customer is Always Right”?

If any employee of mine spoke to consumers as Nina does, I’d have sacked them on the spot. Like it or not, you’re our inside track into the thoroughly broken SCEE, so help us fix the Singstar mess.

To which head of the blog Fred replied with...

She posted an apology yesterday, which, believe me, was very sincere. I really hope you’re all willing to accept that and we can put it in the past. Like she said, all feedback is taken onboard – we’ll keep you well-informed of any future changes.

This is quite unsual. The PS bloggers usually don't comment on another story thats not their own, they very rarely comment on another story on an article unrelated to it. Something tells me that theres been some internal ranglings about this as this is very strange.

The original blog which tells you about the update now has over 700 replies to it! Almost every single one of them are angry PS3 owners who don't want this thing on their XMB.

But whats really starting to annoy me, when trying to sync my trophies, I keep forgetting where they are and it's just annoying having to go into another menu when they've been in the games section since 2009.

Also is it just my imagination, or since the update is everything running just slightly slower. I noticed people complaining about it but didn't see what it was, however now I do, it's just little things like the friends list, reading messages, syncing trophies, even starting up, it's just slightly slower than it was before.

But whats really starting to annoy me, when trying to sync my trophies, I keep forgetting where they are and it's just annoying having to go into another menu when they've been in the games section since 2009.messages, syncing trophies, even starting up, it's just slightly slower than it was before.

I thought you had Plus? Why even sync manually when you can have the console do it for you overnight? ;p

Good thing I haven't updated yet. I haven't touched my PS3 for 20 days. I don't want an annoying icon & slow load times.

Until they fix this mess, I don't think I will update. I'm in no rush to play online.

It's strange: i've updated today but i got none of this icons (the trophy location change yes, but i can accept it).

I'm more shocked of the radical change on the PS Store...

Shit's too buried to see this Scherer woman being a bitch. Does anyone care to quote some of that? I'm interested in understanding the reason for the backlack escalating.

ibqVXEQMB7KSlV.png

iczz39VBvlUIv.png

iL5CTwwHIzmfJ.png

(this is in fact wrong, you do need a microphone to play the game)

Those are the ones I could find which had been screen capped, she mainly replies on the first 5 pages, after her 'apology' she stops replying completely.

But notice that nobody was being rude in those posts she replied to, they were all said as genuine questions/complaints. Yet thats the responce she decided to give.

Edit: Main topic on the Playstation forums about it is now 23 pages long, and that doesn't include all the duplicate topics that have been locked.

edit 2: Wow, the sony blog post about this is now at over 800 comments!

I'm one of the people who want it removed, but I do think some people are overreacting a tad:

Posted on 25 October, 2012 at 10:39 pm by chimnino

WHAT THE $^%& IS THIS???

Dear Sony,

there seems to be SPAM on my XMB. Will you please REMOVE it from my well paid for (twice, since durability is difficult it seems…) device?

Thanks in advance (probally for doing absolutely NOTHING about this. You know, the Sony way…)

An-idiot-who-has-been-buying-Sony-devices-for-too-long-and- is-considering-”the other console”-because-it-won’t-contain-SPAM-which-will-never-be-played-by.

Replacing your PS3 with "the other console" over this is just laughable.

Anyway, I hope Sony will remove it and make it an optional thing from the PS Store.

This is really strange/interesting.

So I just went onto yourgamercards and noticed that 'Singstar' was just added to their 'new lists' tab bar. Curious because as far as I was aware this game is the same as the disk version. And it is... sorta... the game is exactly the same, but if you download the game from the XMB, you get a completely new trophy list.

Furthermore, the trophy list actually includes a platinum trophy and it's vastly easier than the original Singstar. The original demanded that you get very popular with the online community, like get an average of 4 stars on one pice of media over 1000 rates (Near impossible due to the way Singstar online works).

The new list however doesn't have this, it's mainly play X number of songs and get X score on X mode.

Something tells me people may actually end up playing this due to the fact it's such an easy list. In fact one person already has the platinum for it. Compare that to the original in which I think is around 100 people (one of them being me)*, and that trophy list has been active since around 2009.

Also... over at the blog, things have taken an interesting if unexpected turn...

I don’t play games but I cannot sit back any longer.

How dare you stupid little boys attack my Nina like this, I am her husband and you have no idea how much you have hurt her.

She has not been able to handle going to work because of you little brats and she has done nothing but sit at home and sob into her pillow. She thinks she is a failure and is going to end up losing her job over this, all she did was try to help you.

All you pathetic little boys who are insulting her, calling her names, some of you make me sick and I’ll tell you what you need a bloody good slap. All of you.

You can all do one. Go get a life, stop wasting your sad little lives playing computer games and GO GET LAID. Pathetic baby brats.

Comment number 815 by a Mr David_Scherer. Yup person claiming to be Nina's husband... Well if thats genuine thats done a lot to help resolve the issue... or are we thinking trollolololo?

Oh yeah and, if you have any PS2 versions of Singstar, download the XMB version and then put in your PS2 disks, Huzzar! You can now enjoy Singstar XMB using PS2 disks, even if your PS3 can't play PS2 games, it'll work.

*Is aware being one of the 100 people with the Singstar platinum does nothing for his cool levels other than plunge them into darkness.

I was wondering how the heck this appeared on my PS3 right after I downloaded PSBAR and Marvel Origins demos. Now I know.

Not like I ever plan on touching this, but hey, I can't complain about free content.

It's like an episode of... urm... Something funny over at the playstation blog right now...

Head blogger Fred had this to say...

Fred Dutton

Just to clarify, that was indeed NOT Nina’s husband. Comment deleted.

Kind of reminds me how Steam likes to put in weekend free games in your library every other week. It's really annoying since I never even touch them but there they are in my library as if I actually own them.

Really? =C I find the Free Weekends pretty unintrusive. I keep my games categorised so any non-categorised games just appear right at the bottom of my list (i.e., new ones that I've just bought or free weekend games).

I’m afraid I’ve got nothing to add at present other than that all your feedback has most certainly been noticed and is being carefully considered by the relevant teams. If I have news about future updates, I will of course let you know immediately.

You see, this is PR. It's the exact kind of non-committing non-answer that they should have given in the first place. If Sony has no intention of changing it back (which they probably don't, if previous corporate actions regarding the PS3 are anything to go by), you at least need to mitigate the your total lack of non-fucks so the people you don't care the opinions of don't catch on to it.

Directly antagonizing those people over it, even in jest, is even stupider than doing the thing to piss them off in the first place.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3

This is really strange/interesting.

So I just went onto yourgamercards and noticed that 'Singstar' was just added to their 'new lists' tab bar. Curious because as far as I was aware this game is the same as the disk version. And it is... sorta... the game is exactly the same, but if you download the game from the XMB, you get a completely new trophy list.

Furthermore, the trophy list actually includes a platinum trophy and it's vastly easier than the original Singstar. The original demanded that you get very popular with the online community, like get an average of 4 stars on one pice of media over 1000 rates (Near impossible due to the way Singstar online works).

I said that on the previous page. Wondered why nobody mentioned it :P

...and yes, those posted pics were completely out of order since she seemed to be being a twat to perfectly civil requests.

I'm a mild PS3 user, who hasn't used it in months, so haven't seen the update. I'd have no interest in playing or being given SingThingie or whatever it's called as a present...

I can see it being a mild annoyance, and some did respectfully inquire about having it removed. Is this Nina person new to the internet? You don't walk up to a family of lions and punch a cub in the face. Such a response was unprovoked, and in both instances, you'd be torn apart.

I'd guess the original complaint had been pushed to one side because of her. Still, she did "apologize," so perhaps people should relax and wait a bit?

Why do we waste so much energy being angry, when we could be using that same energy to do something positive? Anger is not an attractive trait, just ask The Incredible Hulk, he'd tell yah all about it.

Kinda ironic though...me preaching about letting anger go, under the name of a character that is all about revenge. lol But Two Face is different, as he always leaves it to chance. If the coin says go, he'll go. If the coin says don't, he wont.

I'm getting sidetracked again. XP

There is also this weird obsession with trophies that some gamers have, which must be another reason for the rage. I don't get it at all. They wont buy a DLC if it doesn't have additional trophies? They say stuff like "Why bother..." ...erm, because it's supposed to be fun!? You remember "fun," right?? That's what games have always been about, and they still are.

I can see the appeal of having a list of things you've successfully done on a game, some even have you go out of your way to do something specific that wouldn't probably happen during regular play. And they do add an extra layer of fun. But gamers shouldn't let a little list control what they do.

But all that is my opinion. Obviously. XP

Whoa, I didn't mean to make such a long post. 0_0

Most of it's bollocks anyways... rolleyes.gif

• Thumbs Up 1