Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Two Years Later

Soniman

Except they are so much superior to Sonic 4. Well, mostly. Episode 2 has better physics and a better spindash, oh and Tails is back too. I didn't have any problems with the jump. We are probably never going to get back to the Genesis games' physics and I'm not saying that we just have to deal with it. I am saying that these physics do not ruin it in any way. I could still have fun all the way through the game with these controls.

Episode 2 literally did NOTHING better over Episode I except for improved visuals, and the physics are basically the same, with the spin dash now having a speed cap, and Tails being a co-op gimmick folly. Episode II just isn't fun, it recycles things that made the classics great, and turned it into a boring mess.

Actually yes they are, you're unable to roll down hills in both 4 & Gens, and I'm not saying it ruins the entire game, it's just that the Classic levels are poorly designed in the first place, and that the other things just make it more of a mess to play.

Edited by Bright Eyes

I agree with you on Episode 2.

As for Sonic Gens, how does not being able to roll down hills (something that I never even realised) somehow means the levels are badly designed? Because it wasn't churning out a rehash of the Classic Sonic's level design?

Episode 2 literally did NOTHING better over Episode I except for improved visuals, and the physics are basically the same, with the spin dash now having a speed cap, and Tails being a co-op gimmick folly. Episode II just isn't fun, it recycles things that made the classics great, and turned it into a boring mess.

Dude, you may want to step away if you don't want to be attacked by floating walls of texts. Trust me, it isn't worth it!

RUN FROM DIO. RUN AND NEVER COME BACK.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

You don't uncurl. Unless you have like no speed as you are rolling on a straight floor. Tails actually added depth to the game and level design.

That level had so many ways and places to explore. Places you'd never think of it to be accesible, like in Modern Seaside Hill. So yeah, the level design was better and there were a few better and original gimmicks.

Again, I never said terrible rolling meant terrible design. it's just that there's so many blocky platforming sections, and it detracts from the fun. You're basically playing as Mario in a Sonic suit.

Yeah, well, you know what? I thought Classic Sonic's levels were fun. Really fun. And in the end that's all I give a shit about, I can sacrifice "TEH ROLING PISSICS ARENT PERFECT RUIND FOREVAR" if I'm having fun with what I'm playing. And Sonic Generations is spectacularly fun to me, more so than Sonic 1 or Sonic CD could ever be, and they actually are Classic games with the proper physics. Hmm.

Dude, you may want to step away if you don't want to be attacked by floating walls of texts. Trust me, it isn't worth it!

I cannot stand ignorant arguments from Classic Sonic fanatics who give terrible reasons for why Sonic Generations is bad. I know it has many problems but the physics is not a good argument.

It gives us Classic Sonic fans a very bad image.

Felix, what on earth are you talking about? I completely understand that you don't like the Generations classic gameplay, I really do, but I don't see how you are comparing it to Sonic 4. I honestly don't think either of them play anything alike.

Edited by Crash Freddicoot
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, well, you know what? I thought Classic Sonic's levels were fun. Really fun. And in the end that's all I give a shit about, I can sacrifice "TEH ROLING PISSICS ARENT PERFECT RUIND FOREVAR" if I'm having fun with what I'm playing. And Sonic Generations is spectacularly fun to me, more so than Sonic 1 or Sonic CD could ever be, and they actually are Classic games with the proper physics. Hmm.

*sniff*

That's beautiful, you psychotic mass-murdering jester.

• Thumbs Up 2

I cannot stand ignorant arguments from Classic Sonic fanatics who give terrible reasons for why Sonic Generations is bad. I know it has many problems but the physics is not a good argument.

It gives us Classic Sonic fans a very bad image.

It is actually a good arguement, but I don't agree with it. What might interest you, might not interest for another. What might make a game, might break a game for another. I can understand how it could make Diogenes feel not so nice with the game. At the same time, I still agree.

It is actually a good arguement, but I don't agree with it. What might interest you, might not interest for another. What might make a game, might break a game for another. I can understand how it could make Diogenes feel not so nice with the game. At the same time, I still agree.

It's nowhere near as strong or valid an argument as the much more obvious flaws in the game. Such as: the incredibly bad plot, the complete lack of any continuity or pacing in the game, the fact the bosses were way too easy, the underwhelming nature of some of the side-missions and....Green Hill :P

So no, I don't consider 'Sonic doesn't roll down a hill like he did in the Classic games' to be a particularly powerful argument compared to what you could make.

It's okay. That's all I can say about it. It's not bad, it's not horrible, it's not good, and it's not great, it's just okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's okay. That's all I can say about it. It's not bad, it's not horrible, it's not good, and it's not great, it's just okay.

Why would you say it was just okay?

Stop making me cry. I'm repeating this song too much! I'm tearing! Aaah!

In all honesty though, it's a really well put-together medley that bottles up all our childhood amazingly! biggrin.png

It's funny how some of us (me and you.) are currently praising the music. While the other people are arguing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FXWvg1hVeE

It's nowhere near as strong or valid an argument as the much more obvious flaws in the game. Such as: the incredibly bad plot, the complete lack of any continuity or pacing in the game, the fact the bosses were way too easy, the underwhelming nature of some of the side-missions and....Green Hill tongue.png

So no, I don't consider 'Sonic doesn't roll down a hill like he did in the Classic games' to be a particularly powerful argument compared to what you could make.

...nowhere near as strong... See even you agree that it is a strong arguement to a degree. I agree that some of the other flaws you said pull the game down too... other than the bosses one. Really? I thought Egg Dragoon and Time Eater were quite hard, Silver to some extent too.

You do realise that rolling is not the only thing that physics have right? Some times it's just the most basic running.

...nowhere near as strong... See even you agree that it is a strong arguement to a degree. I agree that some of the other flaws you said pull the game down too... other than the bosses one. Really? I thought Egg Dragoon and Time Eater were quite hard, Silver to some extent too.

You do realise that rolling is not the only thing that physics have right? Some times it's just the most basic running.

I used the rolling as an example because it is the most valid and noticeable point in the argument. I know and admit that the physics are not quite perfect but I think it is a stupid argument because it's drawing attention away from the problems in the game that actually matter.

It's funny how some of us (me and you.) are currently praising the music. While the other people are arguing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FXWvg1hVeE

I'm talking too. Anyways, you know that Change Music feature in this game? BRILLIANT. FREAKING GENIUS. Man, this truly is an amazing game to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

I always use US Stardust Speedway on Hard mode and the other one on Normal Mode for Metal Sonic.

Also those White World remixes truly are amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1