Awoo.

Which Sonic game are you going to play next?

Emmett L. Brown

Good Lord, I seriously don't get this game. I've just finished Glyphic Canyon right now via the dark mission- you have to activate all five glowing jewels. Sounds straightforward enough, no? All the orbs are surrounded by the Black Arms, the group I'm siding with, and they attack me despite that. So after I purposely avoid attacking them at the cost of several rings and activate the jewel, I try to move on and find a Black Arms soldier guarding the spring I need to use to progress. With no other option but to kill him, I go ahead...

"SHADOW! What are you doing?"

Why is the game telling me off for doing the only thing possible in order to, you know, complete the level? It gets worse too. A few minutes later I had to use Black Hawks as stepping stones to reach jewel, and right at the end you have to kill a massive hoard of them to open up the spring to the last jewel!

Well if All-Stars racing Transformed counts then that's what I'm playing next most definitely.

It is actually possible to reach the last jewel without killing any Black Arms soldiers by doing a spin-attack charged jump on the stairway (yeah, you can do that in Shadow - they hadn't quite purged all the Sonic Adventure physics by that point).

But for the rest of the game there's dozens of parts where you have to deliberately attack the faction you're sided with in order to complete the mission for that same faction. It's a pretty ridiculous game.

Even if it's possible to reach that jewel without attacking them, it's only because the game is so poorly made that's there's exploits all over the place. tongue.png

The game IS poorly made, and there ARE exploits all over, but wash your mouth for calling spin-dash jumping an example of that. It's been a proud tradition of the series since Sonic 2, and the fact that you can do it in Shadow the Hedgehog has to be one of the few things we can agree that the game did right.

That, and ghost ring trails. That was a brilliant solution to the problems with light speed ring trails, so I wish they'd kept that in future games.

Hmm...

Sonic Unleashed, I had the Wii version before and I sold that crap so I'm hoping I can get it for the PS3.

Maybe Sonic Jump and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle to see what all this ''epic'' ness is about.

I don't plan these things. I could do a marathon of the sonic games I enjoy (S1-Heroes, then Colors-Generations) or my video game condom could break and I end up playing Tails' Sky Patrol.

Edited by Mr.Snarf

I'll continue to play Generations levels here and there, get S ranks in all of them (which unfortunately isn't that hard). I'll definitely buy one (or maybe two) copies of ASRT on Steam and play that. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next main Sonic game is and if it is any good and it's on PC (this is crucial), then I'll play that too. I may even do another playthrough of Generations just for lulz.

Knowing me, probably 06. I don't know why though, I fucking hate 06 but it just draws me back like an abusive relationship or something!

Probably some combination of the new ASR and recently announced Sonic the Fighters digital release.

It will be cool to try my hand at a few new faces (Honey, Metal and Eggy) and I ever so look forward to owning many of you guys with Bark the Badass.

>=D

Good Lord, I seriously don't get this game. I've just finished Glyphic Canyon right now via the dark mission- you have to activate all five glowing jewels. Sounds straightforward enough, no? All the orbs are surrounded by the Black Arms, the group I'm siding with, and they attack me despite that. So after I purposely avoid attacking them at the cost of several rings and activate the jewel, I try to move on and find a Black Arms soldier guarding the spring I need to use to progress. With no other option but to kill him, I go ahead...

"SHADOW! What are you doing?"

Why is the game telling me off for doing the only thing possible in order to, you know, complete the level? It gets worse too. A few minutes later I had to use Black Hawks as stepping stones to reach jewel, and right at the end you have to kill a massive hoard of them to open up the spring to the last jewel!

"SHADOW! Do not attack our soldiers!"

My response-

[snip]

And on that note I'm going to carry on playing because I'm actually quite enjoying it.

EDIT: Oh I just realised the next stage is Cryptic Castle. On the Dark mission you side with Eggman and on the Hero mission with Amy. But if you destroy Eggman's army you get... dark points? WHAT?

Does the game really contradict itself that much? The game forces you to do things a certain way and then punishes you for it? That's crazy.

I've been playing SA2 HD (JSR has been stopping me recently though.). I have to say, while it looks really bad for a "HD" re-release,it's still really fun!

Does the game really contradict itself that much? The game forces you to do things a certain way and then punishes you for it? That's crazy.

Yeah. You know how sometimes in the games you have to defeat all the enemies in an area to continue? That's happens in ShTH a lot. And in every level there's Hero and Dark enemies. You just have to kill the ones you're siding with to progress sometimes, which actually hurts your score.

The game IS poorly made, and there ARE exploits all over, but wash your mouth for calling spin-dash jumping an example of that. It's been a proud tradition of the series since Sonic 2, and the fact that you can do it in Shadow the Hedgehog has to be one of the few things we can agree that the game did right.

That, and ghost ring trails. That was a brilliant solution to the problems with light speed ring trails, so I wish they'd kept that in future games.

Spindash jumping is an example of that, sorry. Even in SA1 and SA2 spindash jumping was horribly overpowered and let you do all sorts you shouldn't be able to. It's different to S2, S3 and SK.

Also yes. The ghost rings were genius.

I've got no idea what'll be next. Currently I'm too busy with the post-game content of Black 2, as well as a few reports and portfolios I have to hand in in November. I'm not getting Transformed so it won't be that, not bought SA2 HD so it won't be that either. Might be Colours DS or Generations or something.

I can't deny that Blue Blood's painful experiences has me wanting to play Shadow the Hedgehog again.

There's probably something psychological about that statement, but hell I'm in it for the comedy. Hey, Black Doom, I'm making pancakes, what does that make you want to do?

Black Doom: "Eat and devour these savoury dishes!"

You're grand, man.

• Thumbs Up 2

For the Modern games, I should probably get back to Sonic Unleashed(HD Version), Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations and S-Rank those stages since those are the only games I haven't fully mastered yet. (Sonic 06 can go die in a fire for all I care)

As for the Classic games, I really need to beat Sonic & Knuckles as Knuckles with all 7 Chaos Emeralds since I haven't done so yet. That and probably Sonic 1 because I love that game so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've played through Shadow the Hedgehog twice now...which would sound like a lot if it weren't easily possible to go from start to end credits in half an hour. I'd completely forgotten that the game has those recap messages from Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, and it's totally worth it to go back to the main menu between levels just to hear Shadow try to justify all my random allegiance-switches.

What's that, Black Doom? Of course I'll help you take revenge on those weak and pathetic humans who ruin their world with their greed and cruelty. What's that, Dr. Eggman? Of course I'll help you fend off those evil alien invaders; just don't mind me destroying your own robots for dark points. What's that, Black Doom? The humans tried to destroy me and did...? Wait, what? What's that Knuckles? Of course I'll help you vaccuum bombs off the road! Etc...

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, I'm going to see if I'm man enough to slug it through ShTH again. This had better be as amusing as it was the first time. =p

I think I'll be replaying Unleashed on my PS2. Or maybe I'll buy the 360 version. Not sure. That depends on the PS2 working :)

I think I'll be replaying Unleashed on my PS2. Or maybe I'll buy the 360 version. Not sure. That depends on the PS2 working smile.png

I would go get the 360 version. Your missing out on so much! :)
  • Thumbs Up 4

^agreed

The HD version is like a whole different game. You won't regret putting in for it (and you could probably find it pretty cheap anyway)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I've seen some reviews. It does seem really good. Although I think I'll miss the temple puzzles (which were my favorite thing in the other version). Regardless, it'll be fun :)

Playing Sonic next gen.

Actually had fun with it when I got the sky gem, heck I never really had many problems with it apart from some scripted moments bugging out.

Probaby gonna play Sonic & Knuckles next.