Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Positivity Thread!

Chaos Warp

Because of all the negativity in the other active Gens thread, I figured I'd make this thread to balance it all out. This is a thread to discuss all the good things that Generations did! I'll start with my personal breakdown.

Gameplay: Awesome. The classic gameplay, while not accurate, had a hop-and-bop charm all it's own to me. It wasn't accurate to the classics, but to me it was still really fun in it's own right. As for the Modern gameplay, it's my favourite 3d gameplay style so far. It has a great blend of break-neck speed and platforming, and lots of alternate paths to take that were constantly intertwining, which made it feel quite open.

Music: Awesome as well. Amazing remixes of song's from Sonic's past. Not much to say here.

Aesthetics: Great. Awesome-looking HD re-imagining of levels from Sonic's past. Arguably they made certain levels look quite a bit better then their originals. While the art style may clash, I still think Generations is a awesome-looking game.

While Generations has flaws, I honestly think it's an awesome game, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Those are my thoughts. What are your positive thoughts on Generations? Discuss!

Edited by The Eggster
  • Thumbs Up 3

I love how you can change the music of all the levels and bosses to any of the unlockable songs! It can bring a whole new feel to the level and I love it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did we really need a positivity thread? The other thread was only being negative in the sense of people voicing their criticisms.

And I like the Music.

I loved it.

The gameplay was downright enjoyable. It's fun to have a spindash that isn't such hit-and miss like 06 or the Adventure, it's fun to side-step across the Clock Tower in Rooftop Run, or to boost along the pipes of Chemical Plant, it's even fun to drift across the hills in Seaside Hill. Heck, I found it fun to use the Pink Wisp in Planet Wisp (because of how game-breaking it is tongue.png)

The Music kick-ass, and I'm simply going to leave it at that. Seriously, Chemical Plant (Modern) Speed Highway (Classic), City Escape (Classic) and Crisis City (Modern) all capture the feel that the environments try to describe with imagery, whether that imagery tries to describe a frantic escape from certain destruction (Crisis City) or a Wonder-struck Neon City (Speed Highway)

The Aesthetics are beautiful. Green Hill looks relaxing and tranquil, Chemical Plant looks gritty and steampunk, Sky Sanctuary looks, well, like a sanctuary, Speed Highway looks like a Neon Utopia, City Escape looks like an unsuspecting suburb, Seaside Hill looks like it's overtaken by nature amidst the ocean, Crisis City looks like it's, well, in Crisis, Rooftop Run is a carnival in the sleepy European village, and Planet Wisp represents how man is destroying nature. All the character models look spot on and wonderful, and even the bosses, despite feeling bland in design, still look rather intimidating.

But that's my take on it...

inb4 lack of dlc tongue.png

Didn't you know that the Sonic fan is a most strange creature? They are fans of Sonic but only like four of his games (and sometimes not always four!)