Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

So, I'm playing Black Knight right now and there is a cutscene where they show Lancelot (Shadow) briefly running alongside Sonic and the other Knights of the Round Table.

With the hovershoes.

Now thinhk about it. This game takes place in Arthurian times, where technology was non-existent. tongue.png

Edited by Special Operative Blaire

So, I'm playing Black Knight right now and there is a cutscene where they show Lancelot (Shadow) briefly running alongside Sonic and the other Knights of the Round Table.

With the hovershoes.

Now think about it. This game takes place in Arthurian times, where technology was non-existent. tongue.png

Magic Boots?

With the hovershoes.

Now thinhk about it. This game takes place in Arthurian times, where technology was non-existent. tongue.png

I always found that funny, it made me realize that "Lancelot" my ass, this is still Shadow.

Edited by Anti Alias

Not in the games.

But Shadow's Black Knight figure calls him Sir Lancelot BUT on the box it says "Includes Shadow's sword!!"

Is he Lancelot or Shadow?

Marine says hi. As do Rouge, Omega, and the Babylons, cuz they're not nice guys yet. (I really want Rouge to go good for real.)

The Babylon Rogues, antagonistic personalities aside, are still examples, only with "fight" replaced with "race". And Omega was part of Team Dark, and like everyone else, they fought other teams for some baffling objective or other.

There's still too many examples of such. Knuckles (tricked by Robotnik, initially thought Emerl was one of the Phis without questioning first), EVERYONE in Heroes, Blaze (secluded personality be damned, if you're paranoid about others, attacking them should be the last ditch resort, not the calling card), Silver (*ahem*, "tricked" by Mephiles), EVERYONE in the Rivals series, Shade (Thought her fellow Nocturnous were the good guys. They were not.)...

That's actually another reason why I like Marine; because we weren't forced to have some boss fight with her for the most contrived reason.

In any case, most of the cast in the Soniverse can be a little too easily hostile for my tastes. They need to chill out for a bit and just take some time out to relax and... I don't know, write letters about moral lessons or some shit.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 2

In any case, most of the cast in the Soniverse can be a little too easily hostile for my tastes. They need to chill out for a bit and just take some time out to relax and... I don't know, write letters about moral lessons or some shit.

My Little Sonic: Friendship is Kick(ing) Ass!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

The scene where the good guys are "frozen" in place while the Black Arms larvae slowly approach them. It would be kind of tense if the effects weren't so bad and they didn't just go up to the characters and started bobbing next to them. It's like a really bad B-movie. It's like Troll 2!

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually, Shadow would be the perfect candidate for a Sonic-edition Troll 2. Just replace "Oh my GOOOOD" with his falling "NOOOOO" in Sonic 06.

• Thumbs Up 3

I suppose that's another funny thing about the series... just how easily prone almost everyone is to fight each other. It's like you can't introduce a new character without him/her having to be a boss fight over some misunderstanding. Seriously, calm the fuck down, Sonic characters.

"Who are you?"

"I'm someone you've vaguely met three times so far. Now listen, I don't need much of your time, I just need to ask you something important; do you know anything about *insert vill-"

"Enough! I noticed you didn't tie your shoelaces! PREPARE TO DIE, MOTHERFUCKER."

Going along the same line of thought I find it even more hilarious that fighting actually works and solves all the problems. Probably best example, Sonic Adventure (note these are direct quotes from the game):

"Sonic: Oh, it's you! The one... who sealed Chaos... in the Master Emerald! Tikal!

Tikal: My heart has always been in the Master Emerald, along with Chaos'. Now he's filled with anger and sadness. And if it goes on, he'll eventually destroy the world, like he did before! Look! He's absorbed the Emerald's power! He must be sealed in the Master Emerald, NOW!

Sonic: How can that help? It won't change how he feels inside, will it? His heart will still remain in turmoil and his anger won't vanish! He'll just be trapped forever!"

Blah blah blah so Sonic uses the "positive" power of the Emeralds and goes all super then.... Attacks Chaos.... YEAH... That's helping him feel better, really laugh.png . Maybe Sonic is thinking mercy killing except less having the victim fall into a sleep and die and more bashing their brains in... literally.

The way the characters recycle their lines from previous stages makes for some pretty hilarious moments at times. In Sonic Heroes Amy sometimes says "Eggman's robots are everywhere!" whenever you come across a whole pack of robots. This makes sense in stages like Frog Forest where she clearly expresses her disgust on how Eggman is taking over the nature with his robots. However, she says this exact same line in Final Fortress as if she didn't expect that Eggman's main base of operations would be filled with robots. rolleyes.gif

And then there is the grand winner of misplaced lines:

The Egg Breaker boss from Shadow the hedgehog after Mad Matrix. In Mad Matrix you have infiltrated Eggman's database with Espio and whenever you destroy Eggman's robots Espio would say "Stop it! We can't let Eggman know we're here." However, when you're fighting the Egg Breaker with Esio and you destroy Eggman's robots in order to get weapons, Espio says the same line again EVEN THOUGH EGGMAN IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, TRYING TO ATTACK YOU! Did the developers just miss this or couldn't they really be bothered to reprogram him to say something different or just make him remain silent?

• Thumbs Up 6

However, when you're fighting the Egg Breaker with Esio and you destroy Eggman's robots in order to get weapons, Espio says the same line again EVEN THOUGH EGGMAN IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, TRYING TO ATTACK YOU! Did the developers just miss this or couldn't they really be bothered to reprogram him to say something different or just make him remain silent?

Just... just don't get me started on that game. They didn't even try.

At least the gameplay was good. Oh, speaking of ShtH, the animation of that black creature larva when Shadow steps on it. Gold, solid gold.

The game is awkward to play.

Had the best control to me, tbh.

Also, I've noticed buildings like that in City Escape where it looks like it's impossible to get in your house.

Well, it seems like the inhabitants of Apotos aren't clever when it comes to building houses.

tesourinhos_17.jpg

Well, with the way these levels are made. they could just be as flat as the scenery...

Had the best control to me, tbh.

Also, I've noticed buildings like that in City Escape where it looks like it's impossible to get in your house.

For me shth felt like being dragged around on a string...

Well, it seems like the inhabitants of Apotos aren't clever when it comes to building houses.

Not to mention all the suicide doors...

20080318103524000004jpg.jpg

Edited by Blue Blood

Speaking of house design, the people of Solleana aren't too smart either.

tesourinhos_11.jpg

Here we see two people in a balcony, but there's no door. Did they get there by the small window? Nobody can pass through there. And it's still kind of stupid.

Sonic Triple Trouble: When Eggman's in the Pogo Mobile (I think that's what its called), the yellow triangles of his cape make it look like he's naked while in there. That's also unintentionally disturbing... Also, the Sonic 06 NPCs in the way they move. I imitated one in front of my cousins and when I said "I am a Sonic 06 NPC!" they burst out laughing and agreed with me.

When Eggman slaps a Chao

Watch this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jNmDiqJ2vZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not so funny now, eh?

Edited by Spin Attaxx