Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

"Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!" "Long time no see!"

There's only so many times I can hear that line before I start giggling every time I hear it.

Is that weird?

Edited by Dandp

Shadow saying "No..." everytime he kicks during the Shadow boss in 06 is funny.

It's how out of place it is makes it funny. I mean Sonic gets a reasonable "Here I come!" and "Gotcha!" when homing attacking but Shadow? He says No.

Edit: Oh and tablerape, nothing is better than table rape.

Edited by Dom
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

This bit of gold in the aftermath of the Egg Wyvern fight at 6:50 in;

Eggman looks like an action figure seated in a toy mech XD I have a funny mind-image of Eggman having landed in a field still seated in his chair in the same pose XD

• Thumbs Up 7

The dialogue Shadow had in '06 was awful, and the delivery of the lines were hilarious.

Top picks include - 

"Don't touch it!"

"Let's. Get. MOVING!"

Sonic's mouth movements in SA1. Also what he says when he falls in water in the same game.

"NAUGH."

Edited by Longshoreman X
  • Thumbs Up 1

Edit: Oh and tablerape, nothing is better than table rape.

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) - Part 26: THIS CONTAINS TABLERAPE 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKAXDL0Z3gQ

Table Rape begins at the 10:05 mark

I'm sure the entirety of Shadow the Hedgehog has been brought up to death by now (didn't bother to read the whole topic), so I'll just leave it as a mention.

The lyrics to some of the songs, though, provide some great unintentional comedy.  I don't know why, but the way Johnny sings "It's such a bad sign" in Open Your Heart makes me chortle.  Then there's the infamous "Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle" line form Unknown From M.E.

The Zebrahead version of His World, though.  Not just the lyrics, but the whole song feels like a parody of a song that Michael Bay would frequently exploit for some sort of ad revenue or to draw in the "hip" teenage crowd.  It's not even a bad song, just its inclusion in context with the rest of the game completes it.

Finally, just the fact that sometimes the characters talk to each other, but never actually respond to anything the other characters say.

<Rouge> "Do you think the professor created him--Shadow--to carry out revenge on all the people on Earth?"

<Sonic> "He was what he was.  A brave and heroic hedgehog who gave his life to save this planet.  Shadow the Hedgehog."

Doesn't really answer her question.  (Although you could argue he was trying to say the circumstances of his creation are irrelevant, because regardless of his original intentions, he turned out to be a hero after all... but it doesn't come across that way)

<Eggman> "But, do you think he really meant to destroy us?"

<Tails> "I don't know, but what I do know is... we all did it together!"

Again, doesn't answer his question.

In fact, a lot of the dialogue doesn't seem like actual responses to what is actually happening.

<Shadow> *after being violently attacked* I'm the coolest!

You're the coolest because... you got seriously injured by the opponent you've been making snarky, condescending remarks to?

<Shadow> "Oh, I see, so you're not just a hedgehog."

<Sonic> "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

Uh... 'k?

I had a whole list of unintentionally hilarious material, but upon actually beginning to type, my mind drew a blank.  I'll probably be back to list several hundred more.

• Thumbs Up 7

This bit of gold in the aftermath of the Egg Wyvern fight at 6:50 in;

Eggman looks like an action figure seated in a toy mech XD I have a funny mind-image of Eggman having landed in a field still seated in his chair in the same pose XD

"Oh fuck... I'm actually going to die... As I sit here in my final moments before my inevitable demise, I say to you, it is time for me to say au revo-"

*bonk*

"YARIPPINFRICKINPOLLAFOLDVARMINLUFIC..."

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 6

bye.gif

Wait... did that piece of the Egg Wyvern actually fall up a bit to block the shot that is Eggman? laugh.png

Wait... did that piece of the Egg Wyvern actually fall up a bit to block the shot that is Eggman? laugh.png

Yeeep... *DOINK*

The only thing missing are the Wile E. Coyote sound effects.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's mouth movements in SA1. Also what he says when he falls in water in the same game.

"NAUGH."

I prefer the flat "nau" he utters when he dies without rings.

Now this is just me and my friend who would ever think like this, but for some reason, every time we hear Sonic's falling cry in Generations, it reminds us of 40 Winks on the PlayStation 1.

This makes us laugh, for some reason.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

<--

Also when things like this happen in the classics:

SonicandKnucklesampSonic_zpseb46b2b6.png

Edited by Speedster

I find it funny how Sonic, Shadow, Amy, and Metal Sonic all decide to jump off a blimp, helicopter, or rooftop onto the streets not expecting to either fall flat on their face or fail at landing. The only reasonable excuse is that Metal Sonic is a robot.

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) - Part 26: THIS CONTAINS TABLERAPE 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKAXDL0Z3gQ

Table Rape begins at the 10:05 mark

Nothing can top this.

BANG, ZOOM, TO THE MOON, SONIC!

• Thumbs Up 1

I always thought the death screams in Sonic 06 were hilarious, especially Sonic and Shadow's. Sonic because he sounds like he's on a rollercoaster (Woooahhh! =D), not falling to his death! And Shadow because...well, it's really OTT.

Anyways, here's something that makes me LMFAO to this day. I'm not bothered to check back 15 pages to see if it's been mentioned before but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sE3qtbIbd4

Why does Knuckles sound like Goofy when he drowns? WHY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaWkTfGG67I&feature=relmfu

From 0:29, what the hell is he doing? It looks like one weird and badly animated exercise routine huh.png

Sonic's animation throughout the entire cutscene is unintentionally funny in how odd and clunky it looks.

Also, he refers to Shadow as "It" mellow.png

The way Amy looks over her shoulder before saying "black hedgehog" gives that line a completely different meaning.

"It's no use!" becomes pretty funny because of how non conversationaly written it is, but the rabbit hole doesn't end there, in Japanese, Silver says "Mudada!" In the same circumstance which is funny on its own if you're familiar with JoJo but also tells me that the similarities between the thing from Fifth Phantom Saga and The World (Za Warudo) are not coincidental.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just absolutely love Sonic's "wtf am I hearing?" reaction at 0:39 - 0:43

And who can forget this wonderfully composed masterpiece?

Edited by StriCNYN3
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just absolutely love

Oh my god! Big Arms, what did they do to you?!

Speaking of Chronicles, the sound effects when the characters get hit are just odd as hell. Shadow sounds like a turkey and Big sounds like he's gonna vomit! laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I just absolutely love Sonic's "wtf am I hearing?" reaction at 0:39 - 0:43

MR. PRESIDENT.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHY.

YOU SHOULD BE LIKE THEM.

NEVER GIVE UP.

ON YOUR DREAMS.

I HAVE TO PAUSE.

EVERY TIME I START.

A NEW PART.

OF A SENTENCE.

I just had to be listening through headphones, didn't I?

I think I'll use this song as a reference guide for how not to compose a song.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh my god! Big Arms, what did they do to you?!

Speaking of Chronicles, the sound effects when the characters get hit are just odd as hell. Shadow sounds like a turkey and Big sounds like he's gonna vomit! laugh.png

Don't the Dark Brotherhood make those barfing sounds too when they get hit? It's really odd! And why do you hear children cheering after beating your enemies? And to think I thoroughly enjoyed this POS...

What is also unintentionally funny to me is how the overall music quality in Dark Brotherhood was so inconsistent! It could sound pretty cool (example: battle music) at one point, but then it suddenly switches to God awful MIDI's which apparently were stolen from the internet! WHAT. XD

And I'm sorry but that doesn't sound anything like the original, amazing Big Arm! I hear nothing in there that sounds remotely like the real Big Arm.

Not to go too off topic but goddamn, how the hell did the soundtrack even end up that bad? Even GBA games had better quality.

Seriously, compare this:

To this:

It makes you wonder if Bioware even knew what they were doing with that game, there's so many bad design choices. laugh.png

Edited by TheCakeMiester