Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

and

A lot of things about Chronicles completely baffle me. The crappy sound effects that clearly try to mimic vocalization are hilarious in how much they fail.

• Thumbs Up 6

Not to go too off topic but goddamn, how the hell did the soundtrack even end up that bad? Even GBA games had better quality.

It makes you wonder if Bioware even knew what they were doing with that game, there's so many bad design choices. laugh.png

Even Sega Genesis has better instrument choices. We're talking 2 decade old technology here.

Once I heard what they've done to Diamond Dust...

...the only logical explanation I came up with were the composers violently rubbing their faces on their keyboards and accidently hitting render on FL Studio in the process.

Edited by StriCNYN3

Even Sega Genesis has better instrument choices. We're talking 2 decade old technology here.

Once I heard what they've done to Diamond Dust...

...the only logical explanation I came up with were the composers violently rubbing their faces on their keyboards and accidently hitting render on FL Studio in the process.

Maybe they were drunk?

Ah yes, the infamous Shadow turkey! Where's that turkey drawing I did when you need it?

The last one, I think he was about to make that stock sound effect of a snarling tiger but was interrupted because of the battle beginning when he walks towards Sonic. Still doesn't make sense though because umm..he's a hedgehog.

Ah yes, the infamous Shadow turkey! Where's that turkey drawing I did when you need it?

The last one, I think he was about to make that stock sound effect of a snarling tiger but was interrupted because of the battle beginning when he walks towards Sonic. Still doesn't make sense though because umm..he's a hedgehog.

He's also the "Ultimate Lifeform" and "Part Alien".

• Thumbs Up 1

I always wait a second or two at that first hit to let Eggman begin his line in the Egg Viper battle just so I can cut it off.

"Buahahaaa let's see if-AUGH!"

• Thumbs Up 1

On that note, the way Eggman yells "Tails! WAIT FOR ME~" in Speed Highway always makes me smile. He just sounds so... genuinely sad there.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh yes, I completely forgot about SA1!Robotnik's animations. If I had a pound for every time me and my friend took the piss out of those...

My absolute favourite instance has to be just after the Chaos 2 fight in Knuckles' story. At one point, Robotnik is talking, and is standing fairly normally. Then Knuckles asks something, and then Robotnik - for no reason at all - walks a few steps away from Knuckles, turns back to Knuckles, and then proceeds to continue talking whilst doing his "shit there's a wasp in my face" animation.

But yeah, SA1!Robotnik is funny. We've made countless jokes about him taking ventriloquist lessons. Incidentally, that's also how we excuse everyone's animations in Sonic '06.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of SA1 Robotnik, the fact that he's screaming like he's wasted half the time makes his lines fucking hilarious.

Edited by Wraith

Speaking of SA1...

Sonic vs Knuckles! FIGHT!

"Oh no..." "Oh no..." "Oh no..."

I remember when I first played this and beat Knuckles within a ten second time limit, I was laughing so hard! There were other moments like that in the cutscenes mostly. They were so awkward and stiffly animated I kept snorting with laughter.

Mind you, the cutscenes in Sonic 06 weren't any better. Talk about the creepiest looking models in a Sonic game ever. Dead eyes, barely any facial expressions, Uncanny Valley humans...it looked ridiculous, but it was very funny. Especially dat bad lip syncing.

• Thumbs Up 4

The way Amy looks over her shoulder before saying "black hedgehog" gives that line a completely different meaning.

Ha ha, never noticed that before. I'm gonna look out for interactions between Amy and shadow in the future to see if this prejudice continues :P

So I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but I'd like to mention the infamous flubbed line from Sonic '06.

"Agent Shadow! E-123 Omega has engaged Mephiles. Head to Wave Oc-Head to Wave Ocean...? ...Agent Shadow! E-123 Omega has engaged Mephiles. Head to Wave Ocean immediately!"

Reason being, me and my friend like to joke that the reason the guy flubbed his line was because he was about to say "Emerald Coast" by accident.

I'd also like to mention Sonic and Chaos' default poses in Adventure 1. The former for looking like he's riding an invisible motorcycle (and we always make the affirmative sound effects), and the latter for flexing his muscles like an Akira Kurosawa character.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 6

• 4 weeks later...

This scene in the Super Sonic story in Adventure.

I know it was supposed to be a sad moment but I couldn't help but laugh at the noises the Chao made when they were being trampled by the Knuckles clan.

• Thumbs Up 2

The animation glitches in SA1 + SA2. 

Example; Sonic's pupils turning into a slot machine after he falls to the beach in SA1, and Sonic and Shadow doing the signage for "wanker" when they turn super in SA2. The later has to be the funniest though.

• Thumbs Up 1

The way Sonic flails his arms around when he gets off a ramp in the Wii/PS2 versions of Unleashed is just amusing to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of animation in SA1, I forgot how much I love it when Chaos' nose jerks upward like a puppy dog of some sort during the cutscene just before the fight with Perfect Chaos.

As for humorous plot points, I love how Sonic and Tails just happen to find the Chaos Emerald at the exact same time as Chaos.  There's no buildup for it or anything.  It's just like...

TALES: HAY SANIC LEWK DA EMARALD!

[sanic runs tords da emurald]

KAYOS: LOL NOPE.AVI

SONIC: WEL DAT SUX

Also, I love the fact that NOBODY comments on the deaths of thousands of innocent and people and trillions of dollars in property damage.  I mean, they're there and they're IN it, but never is there a single line ABOUT it.  Tails even says "All's well that ends well, right?!"  Oh, yeah, aside from the years of physical and emotional recovery and the centuries of rebuilding the city from scratch.  On the bright side, they'll probably never suffer from a drought again.

Edited by Akito
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, I love the fact that NOBODY comments on the deaths of thousands of innocent and people and trillions of dollars in property damage.  I mean, they're there and they're IN it, but never is there a single line ABOUT it.  Tails even says "All's well that ends well, right?!"  Oh, yeah, aside from the years of physical and emotional recovery and the centuries of rebuilding the city from scratch.  On the bright side, they'll probably never suffer from a drought again.

I really wish people would stop taking that line out of context. Even if Sonic couldn't save the city, he was still able to stop Chaos and prevent further destruction. So yes, it did end well!

I really wish people would stop taking that line out of context. Even if Sonic couldn't save the city, he was still able to stop Chaos and prevent further destruction. So yes, it did end well!

First, it's not out of context if it is exactly in context.

Second, it didn't end well.  Sure, they managed to stop Chaos from destroying anything further, but he still left Station Square in ruins, so it's not exactly a happy ending.  If a forest fire destroys hundreds of acres of land where all sorts of endangered wildlife dwell, then sure, it's great that that the firemen were able to put it out before it spread even further, but it's still a tragedy and certainly not worthy of the saying, "all's well that ends well."

With that said, SA2, despite the death of a character, actually ended on a higher note than SA1 because it showed that something good came from it all.  A dead girl's final wish came true, a hedgehog fulfills his purpose, millions of people were saved, and for a minute we're led to believe that the experience brings the characters and the world they live in closer.  In SA1, they don't even comment on the fact that anything happened.  "Lol, thousands of people died, but it's okay because Sonic stopped da bad guy.  THE END."  Now, I don't mind the fact that the ending is more bittersweet than happy, but the fact that it is so haphazardly wrapped up and treated like a happy ending is nothing short of humorous.

Edited by Akito
  • Thumbs Up 6

"Can you guess who the captain is?"

I'm not sure if they were serious or just wanting to take the piss....

Edited by Wil348
  • Thumbs Up 1

First, it's not out of context if it is exactly in context.

Second, it didn't end well.  Sure, they managed to stop Chaos from destroying anything further, but he still left Station Square in ruins, so it's not exactly a happy ending.  If a forest fire destroys hundreds of acres of land where all sorts of endangered wildlife dwell, then sure, it's great that that the firemen were able to put it out before it spread even further, but it's still a tragedy and certainly not worthy of the saying, "all's well that ends well."

With that said, SA2, despite the death of a character, actually ended on a higher note than SA1 because it showed that something good came from it all.  A dead girl's final wish came true, a hedgehog fulfills his purpose, millions of people were saved, and for a minute we're led to believe that the experience brings the characters and the world they live in closer.  In SA1, they don't even comment on the fact that anything happened.  "Lol, thousands of people died, but it's okay because Sonic stopped da bad guy.  THE END."  Now, I don't mind the fact that the ending is more bittersweet than happy, but the fact that it is so haphazardly wrapped up and treated like a happy ending is nothing short of humorous.

That may be your opinion, but I still think Tails' comment was perfectly justified. Anyway, I'd rather have a game end with a message of optimism than with the cast brooding over a city's destruction.

"Can you guess who the captain is?"

I'm not sure if they were serious or just wanting to take the piss....

Either way, I'm pretty sure Soleanna has the worst police ever.