Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

That may be your opinion, but I still think Tails' comment was perfectly justified. Anyway, I'd rather have a game end with a message of optimism than with the cast brooding over a city's destruction.

There's a difference between optimism and blatantly ignoring something.  They could have made a comment about how it may take a long time to recover, but life will inevitably go on, and that would have been optimistic enough, but as is, they barely acknowledge it as a thing that even happened.

"Can you guess who the captain is?"

I'm not sure if they were serious or just wanting to take the piss....

...I actually got a D-Rank on that mission the first time...

How about how Tails greets the Elise in Sonic '06? He looked ridiculous!

(watch between 6:30 and 6:40 in vid !)

Edited by knucklesgirl

The animation though,other games I've played that are just as old arn't nearly as bad in that department, having 'sensible' talking animations,no 'moonwalking', eyes that don't go in awkward directions, maybe there's a legitimate reason for that like Sonic Adventure using that 'space' for other things, but...it does seem excessively bad.

Edited by Amomynous
  • Thumbs Up 1

The animation though,other games I've played that are just as old arn't nearly as bad in that department, having 'sensible' talking animations,no 'moonwalking', eyes that don't go in awkward directions, maybe there's a legitimate reason for that like Sonic Adventure using that 'space' for other things, but...it does seem excessively bad.

Well, the impression you get often depends on your age and what console you just came off of.  The console I owned prior to the Dreamcast was the Nintendo 64, which usually (but not always) had no eye or facial animations at all aside from blinking and very stiff running animations.  As silly and over-the-top as SA1's facial expressions are, they were much more expressive than what I used to (the fact that the characters had a visible mouth even when they're weren't talking actually blew me away when I first played SA2) and the animations, while buggy in nature, were much more fluid and animated than, say, Super Mario 64's ending cutscene or multiplayer in GoldenEye 007.

Edited by Akito

TIME TO ROCK AND ROLL!

It actually sounds natural coming out of Sonic's mouth, though.

Oh, I forgot about Shadows line in Generations!"You ghat dis Sannik!"

That's funny? Edited by Chris
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, I'm playing Black Knight right now and there is a cutscene where they show Lancelot (Shadow) briefly running alongside Sonic and the other Knights of the Round Table.With the hovershoes.Now thinhk about it. This game takes place in Arthurian times, where technology was non-existent. :P
Speaking of which, the Mobian characters look really silly in armour.

Speaking of which, the Mobian characters look really silly in armour.

....They really don't, it's strangely fitting.

• Thumbs Up 7

In Black Knight Lancelot is Shadow. Galahad is the Son of Lancelot according to legend. Galahad is Silver. So Shadow is the father to Silver....I just find this hilarious.(and just makes the DBZ references even more obvious.)lol

• Thumbs Up 2

In Black Knight Lancelot is Shadow. Galahad is the Son of Lancelot according to legend. Galahad is Silver. So Shadow is the father to Silver....I just find this hilarious.(and just makes the DBZ references even more obvious.)lol

That doesn't prove anything. For your logic to work, Knuckles would have to be Sonic's nephew! I don't think Shadow and Silver were ever meant to be related.

• Thumbs Up 1

That doesn't prove anything. For your logic to work, Knuckles would have to be Sonic's nephew! I don't think Shadow and Silver were ever meant to be related.

I wasn't trying to prove anything??? I just found it hilariously Ironic, considering Shadow is associated with Vegeta and Silver with Trunks.

Edit: Just figured out you were joking.(I think?) but yeah, I'm not trying to prove Shadow an Silver are related.

Edited by Jaden Yuki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZhyApeu1qs

disisnukls 

an' i'm BACK

ah've bin away fo'wahl, but ah'M BACK to kick some BUDD at WHALL KANYUH

AH SHAHL FAHND AWL DA LOS' PECES of da mastuh emmrel'n heh
AHM GON' GET DOSE FOOZ
DEY WAN' PWAY WET MAH EMUROULZ?
DEY PLAY'N WETDU WRUONG GAH

EH-KHI-DOH-NUUH

das what 'm representin'
nevuh seen a mike-hawww spit likeuh menisss
WHALL KANYUH PHUHN? ah gada chase a bat HAUH,

yeh roog

she segzy n smoog

uh dubbuh craws spah teef dat out foh mah joozz AUH
ah feeln hau en mest'erouz wes
das wah ah stay on pwoent lahk ERRY SANGLE DEHYYY
AH GODDA PRTEK DESPLAES

AHDOEHFO'MAHRASSE

AUH
AUH

YEH YOOKNO HAAAEETESSS

YOH

YOH

AUH (AUH(AUH)(AUH))

TROW YOEHANSAUP
CUMAWW CUMAWW

AEN'NOBAH-DEE GON' COME HEH'N EEH MAH PLAYT, NOEE

YO WHA'HAPPIN MY EMROULZ IS GAWN

SUMBAH-DEE GON' GET DESS QUECK MUH WOOD SWEAWN

whhOO COODUH DIT DIS DAT SNITCH NAMED ROOSH

WHEN AH CATCH HUERR, AM'L GETUH WI'DESE TOOZ 

DERE YOO AWW, CUMEHH LITLTEEF

THENK YOO GON' FLAH N'GEDD'WAE QUICK AUW AAAUH

GEV UP'D EMROULT

AUW DAHHH

AHDUHLUVYOO

NYRapperKnuckles.jpgNYRapperKnuckles.jpgNYRapperKnuckles.jpg

It is kinda funny.. I'm just glad knuckles doesn't really talk like that :) it would be hard to understand him :P.

i dunno.... he seems to be more of a mountain boy than a city slicker... that is probably why i think  this is funny....it doesn't really fit the rest of his personality :P

• Thumbs Up 1

disisnukls 

an' i'm BACK

ah've bin away fo'wahl, but ah'M BACK to kick some BUDD at WHALL KANYUH

AH SHAHL FAHND AWL DA LOS' PECES of da mastuh emmrel'n heh
AHM GON' GET DOSE FOOZ
DEY WAN' PWAY WET MAH EMUROULZ?
DEY PLAY'N WETDU WRUONG GAH

EH-KHI-DOH-NUUH

das what 'm representin'
nevuh seen a mike-hawww spit likeuh menisss
WHALL KANYUH PHUHN? ah gada chase a bat HAUH,

yeh roog

she segzy n smoog

uh dubbuh craws spah teef dat out foh mah joozz AUH
ah feeln hau en mest'erouz wes
das wah ah stay on pwoent lahk ERRY SANGLE DEHYYY
AH GODDA PRTEK DESPLAES

AHDOEHFO'MAHRASSE

AUH
AUH

YEH YOOKNO HAAAEETESSS

YOH

YOH

AUH (AUH(AUH)(AUH))

TROW YOEHANSAUP
CUMAWW CUMAWW

AEN'NOBAH-DEE GON' COME HEH'N EEH MAH PLAYT, NOEE

YO WHA'HAPPIN MY EMROULZ IS GAWN

SUMBAH-DEE GON' GET DESS QUECK MUH WOOD SWEAWN

whhOO COODUH DIT DIS DAT SNITCH NAMED ROOSH

WHEN AH CATCH HUERR, AM'L GETUH WI'DESE TOOZ 

DERE YOO AWW, CUMEHH LITLTEEF

THENK YOO GON' FLAH N'GEDD'WAE QUICK AUW AAAUH

GEV UP'D EMROULT

AUW DAHHH

AHDUHLUVYOO

NYRapperKnuckles.jpgNYRapperKnuckles.jpgNYRapperKnuckles.jpg

I actually love this song unironically.

• Thumbs Up 1

LOVE DIS SONG. I hope that rumour of Hunnid P returning is true!

Ahem, anyway...has anyone mentioned how awkward and hilarious this cutscene is in SA2?

The first one in this video. The part where Tails goes "but looking at it now..." and his lips keep moving with that music in the background. Always makes me chuckle.

• Thumbs Up 3

The first one in this video. The part where Tails goes "but looking at it now..." and his lips keep moving with that music in the background. Always makes me chuckle.

"I hate you!  You guys always leave me behind!  And have all the fun-un-un-un!"

That always made me laugh.  Also, I think Microsoft Sam talks more fluidly than Tails does in this cutscene!

• Thumbs Up 2

The character animations in Sonic Adventure are still pretty funny. Even for 1998, it's a bit odd how the animations turned out the way they did.

LOVE DIS SONG. I hope that rumour of Hunnid P returning is true!

Ahem, anyway...has anyone mentioned how awkward and hilarious this cutscene is in SA2?

Am I the only one who derives amusement out of the way Sonic looks like he's smacking Knuckles around the back of the head when he becomes able to stand by himself without support?

sonic-hits-knuckles-o.gif GIFSoup

• Thumbs Up 9

Am I the only one who derives amusement out of the way Sonic looks like he's smacking Knuckles around the back of the head when he becomes able to stand by himself without support?

sonic-hits-knuckles-o.gif GIFSoup

Actually, it is funny! ( It's especially funny over and over again here :) )  after it happening so many times though... Knuckles' eye must hurt!!! I mean, Sonic is really jabbing that spiky thing into Knuckles' eye and scratching it .. Ouch! lol!

Sonic's death cry when falling in a pit in SA1.

"NAUGH."