Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

Am I the only one who derives amusement out of the way Sonic looks like he's smacking Knuckles around the back of the head when he becomes able to stand by himself without support?

sonic-hits-knuckles-o.gif GIFSoup

I never noticed this until now. Very amusing.

Sonic's death cry when falling in a pit in SA1.

"NAUGH."

And when he dies on ground, he just lets out a calm "No." rather than going "Augh!" or something like that.

Sonic's over the top death cry in Heroes, it sounds like he's on fire or being electrocuted or something and its just really funny. 

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to chuckle pretty hard when I hear Shadow going "DON'T TOUCH IT" in '06. Mainly because I immediately think of this when I hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUvFJZJg0QM

Also, Shadow roundhouse kicking Silver in the back of the head in '06. As mich as I dislike the game, it's still one of my favorite moments in Sonic history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OHPfX1LX6k

• Thumbs Up 1

In addition to the epic roundhouse kick from Shadow to Silver, there is one critical moment in Sonic Battle. I think it was in Rouge's story. After getting beaten by Rouge once, she thinks of Sonic being with her and suddenly BAM! You're fighting Amy and apparently Sonic. It's both disturbing that this is all really happening to Rouge and hilarious at the same time.

I guess those Tarrot Cards were more useful than I thought.

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere on these forums...

"Yaa Damn right Knuckles..."

Not sure if this was unintentional but I fucking love it haha

Edited by GOAT
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ha Ha :D That's one of the main reasons Death Chamber is my favorite Knuckles treasure hunting song in SA2, aside from it being really soothing and jazzy. The lyrics are the cherry on top of the sundae for me.

I found it hilarious that in Sonic Adventure 2, while Professor Gerald Robotnik's journal is being read, the characters' eyes disappear l the camera pans passed them. It's more hilarious when Eggman's nose and moustache disappears too.

I also found it funny during Tails' final stage in Sonic Adventure, Eggman would ask Tails to wait for him when you're ahead of him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh gosh, I didn't even know that lyric was in there.  It's also hilarious because it's like Knuckles has gone crazy (or has been spending too much time around Tails) and has started talking to himself... in musical form.

That aside, this is probably a really good song to get high to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah totally agree Death Chamber is a great level and has great music. The added dialogue just makes it that much better!

Note: Almost all of the Knuckles music is very stoner friendly...Haha

• Thumbs Up 2

The (non-existent) lip sync in Sonic Adventure.

Oh dear god.

Those were the days...

The best part is neither the Japanese nor English lines match up to the lips. I know it's probably a case of limitations of the time but it's still glorious in retrospect to see them talk and their mouth becomes sentient and eats half their face.

These 2 quotes from Heroes:

"Look at all those Eggman's robots!"

"Shit rock yeah!"

Also in Shadow the Hedgehog when Shadow tells you button commands in the most unexcited emo voice ever.

I like how Sonic and Espio don't sound like 12 year olds who just learned of the word   sound better saying damn then Shadow or the GUN Commander.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how Sonic and Espio don't sound like 12 year olds who just learned of the word   sound better saying damn then Shadow or the GUN Commander.

Jason Griffith's "Damn, they got away!" is probably the single most solid piece of acting I've ever heard from him as Sonic, and it's only one line out of the whole game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shadow when he says "Im the coolest" in SA2 gets me everytime.

Edited by Random Rhyme 3rd Verse
  • Thumbs Up 3

Shadow when he says "Im the coolest" in SA2 gets me everytime.

Yessss, I just played this part in SA2 today. Was about to post this but you beat me to it. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

You know that part in Tails' campaign in Adventure, just before his final stage? After he and Amy split up and he sees Eggman, you hear this line of dialouge from our favorite fox;

"That's Eggman! I wonder what happened to Sonic."

'That's Eggman' sounds fine. But when Tails finishes the rest of the line, it just sounds so odd and hilarious. xD Seriously, go find a clip of that scene and give it a listen. It's quite interesting to hear.

You know that part in Tails' campaign in Adventure, just before his final stage? After he and Amy split up and he sees Eggman, you hear this line of dialouge from our favorite fox;

"That's Eggman! I wonder what happened to Sonic."

'That's Eggman' sounds fine. But when Tails finishes the rest of the line, it just sounds so odd and hilarious. xD Seriously, go find a clip of that scene and give it a listen. It's quite interesting to hear.

"That's Eggman!" sounded kind of bad too, actually, but not nearly as bad as the rest of the line.

"DAT EGGMAN!  I WUNDER WUT HAPEN 2 SANIC!"

That scene makes way for all sorts of confusion, though.  In their repsective stories, Tails and Amy branch off in the same direction.  Why doesn't Amy notice Eggman and the missile he's threatening to use to destroy Station Square?  I mean, it's not like that's something that happens considerably later.  That happens almost immediately after they part ways.

On a related note, I find it hilarious how in Speed Highway (and pretty much all ot Tails' stages actually, but it's most humorous in Speed Highway), it takes little to no effort it to catch up to Robotnik and get miles ahead of him, often resulting in exchanges such as, "You think you can keep up with me?  WHAT?!  HE'S CAUGHT UP!  TAILS, WAIT FOR ME!"

• Thumbs Up 1

This isn't outright hilarious but I do find it slightly amusing;

tumblr_mrfxz1gZ7B1s9pusko1_400.png

tumblr_mrfxz1gZ7B1s9pusko2_250.jpg

Sonic's butt-brow is still visible in Cube and Quake forms despite his body being vastly different in these forms. Not even the molecule-transforming nature of Hyper Go-On can stop it making an appearance.

Morphic Resonance indeed!

• Thumbs Up 2

The way Shadow walks in this scene always makes me laugh. He looks so determined... he pushes Eggman out of the way and keeps his chest out the whole time... he looks like a proud toddler! lol! (between 1:50 and 2:00 )

Edited by knucklesgirl

Don't know if this has already been posted, but I just have one thing to say:  Knuckles' head tilt at 1:25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGulCVwr8ek

If there is one thing I could make into a reaction GIF, that would be it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYCNQVIA-xg

I just... the laughter that I feel during this song is incredible.

Sonic 06' had a lot of funny moments in my experience.

Like the time I glitched out of the invisible wall and then Silver threw me into space.

Or the time I was able to beat two out of the three glider sections in Shadow's story without touching my controller.

Or how sonic breakdances (usually to his death) every time he runs into something in the mach speed sections (this is the most hilarious animation in any videogame ever).

Or the time where I was running around Soleanna as Sonic and ran into the bishop-priest-dude-person and knocked him into the fountain, where he proceeded to stay in the fountain and walk into a wall eternally (I call it the "moonwalking bishop" glitch).