Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

Don't know if this has already been posted, but I just have one thing to say:  Knuckles' head tilt at 1:25.

If there is one thing I could make into a reaction GIF, that would be it.

Ever since childhood I always saw that face and kept hearing "Durrrrrrrr" in my mind, I'll be honest.

That someone else also recognises how dumb it makes him look makes my day!

hey

Don't know if this has already been posted, but I just have one thing to say:  Knuckles' head tilt at 1:25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGulCVwr8ek

If there is one thing I could make into a reaction GIF, that would be it.

hey, that very moment has gotta be the best moment in Sonic adventure 2!!! i have a friend who is turning it into a gif for me and it will be my profile pic :)

-image-

Everything about this image is hilarious.

Their knees.

The angles of their knees (all the same).

Antoine on the anorexic.

Tails... with his tails that are no longer attached to his body.

And for some reason Rotor looks like an alien.

Poor Metal Sonic, even he seems to be a victim of the body-stretching!

Their knees.

Antoine on the anorexic.

Well, looks like Archie's falling into that "poor quality control" phase again, like it did during the days of Knuckles but all lanky with muscles and shoulders and such.

These next few issues look to be amusing on the design fail front...

3235379-sonic%23255varwm.jpg

Their knees.

Antoine on the anorexic.

Antoine, what happened? Also, you forgot Sonic's derp eyes. Gumball eyes, anyo- *Kicked out of SSMB*

Edited by GuywithPie3376

Well, looks like Archie's falling into that "poor quality control" phase again, like it did during the days of Knuckles but all lanky with muscles and shoulders and such.

These next few issues look to be amusing on the design fail front...

It's just a variant cover done by a different artist (Tyler Capps) who does comic work elsewhere (Cooking Comically), with the normal cover still being from the current artist team (the Countdown to Chaos covers are by Ben Bates). They have a similar deal going on with the Sonic Universe 58 covers, with the variant cover being done by Ryan Jampole, who's a regular artist for Mega Man... and in particular, did a similar Mega Man Powered Up/chibi variant cover for Sonic 250.

So yeah, no need for worry about the Archie Sonic comic suddenly divebombing in art quality.

2453296-you+confuse+knuckles.png

This might be intended, but I still find it hilarious. "Whuuuuuuuuutttt." biggrin.png

Edited by Chaos Incarnate
  • Thumbs Up 5

[image]

Their knees.

Antoine on the anorexic.

I can't breathe...  This is beautiful!

Is there a reason Sonic is a giant?!  I just... wow.

Even the Death egg looks freaked out tongue.png

If I had a huge indentation in the middle of my face, I'd be freaked out too.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best ever.

Okay I saw this thread and I LITERALLY came in just to bring that one up, just to see that you got there first.

Another thing that I always found funny: the cutscene after defeating Chaos 4 (Sonic's version), Eggman ends his little speech with "ACHOO! Adeiu, until we meet again my friends!"

Edited by TheFatPanda
  • Thumbs Up 1

But the way he says "friends" I swear is almost hysterical, it's hilarious!

One of the best ever.

I always did think the way he said Sonic was just hiliarious. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was funny the way Tails said it. laugh.png

The way Sonic threatens Zero if he doesn't put Amy down and then look around like a complete idiot when the area darkens, completely and ridiculously oblivious to the Egg Carrier's presence for a good ten seconds and then standing there without even attacking Zero, allowing it to kidnap her.

http://youtu.be/gA0LpDy4MxA?t=6m40s

It's above you son.

• Thumbs Up 1

2453296-you+confuse+knuckles.png

This might be intended, but I still find it hilarious. "Whuuuuuuuuutttt." biggrin.png

Hey, that is exactly what I thought :) that is THE best second in SA2! dat face :)

I always did think the way he said Sonic was just hiliarious. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was funny the way Tails said it. laugh.png

I wonder what happened to SAWnic! LOL! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic06FAIL.png

If there's one game with presentation just as bad, if not worse than Sonic Adventure's, it's Sonic 06's. All of the anthro characters look really out of place when they interact with the human characters, especially Sonic and Elise, since her head is smaller than Sonic's body blink.png  Since Sonic Team was trying to go with a more realistic art style, they tried to make the characters look taller, and it looks horrible, especially with Sonic and Tails. Also, The lip syncing is atrocious, and the characters move like puppets on a string.

Still, I will say the CGI cutscenes are gorgeous, and the only slightly akward looking character I mentioned in them is Sonic, for the reasons I explained above with him and Elise interacting.

Worst_Elise2--article_image.jpg

GRIFFITH!

The way Sonic threatens Zero if he doesn't put Amy down and then look around like a complete idiot when the area darkens, completely and ridiculously oblivious to the Egg Carrier's presence for a good ten seconds and then standing there without even attacking Zero, allowing it to kidnap her.

http://youtu.be/gA0LpDy4MxA?t=6m40s

It's above you son.

Or how Sonic yells stop.

Or how Sonic yells stop.

Or even how he says "shoot! I lost her again." I mean, he said it like he meant it, that is for sure (about as much as he would mean if he said "I love Dr Eggman's devious ways!").. more like "I am supposed to say this, right?"

http://youtu.be/CSRA2Yc0Jzc?t=11m16s

This whole "I wish for a mountain of hankies " thing?Sonic wants someone to cry? WHAT?!?. I just don't think that makes sense with Sonic's character! Usually he tells them to stop crying. To me , this just sounds stupid and hilarious! I always laugh at it! lol :) !

http://youtu.be/CSRA2Yc0Jzc?t=11m16s

This whole "I wish for a mountain of hankies " thing?Sonic wants someone to cry? WHAT?!?. I just don't think that makes sense with Sonic's character! Usually he tells them to stop crying. To me , this just sounds stupid and hilarious! I always laugh at it! lol smile.png !

The point is that he wants Sharah to take her time to grieve and get over the pain.  She'd just forcibly been removed from a confusing and abusive relationship.  Going through that and being told not to cry would only rub the wrong way, as this was a struggle that could only be dealt with through tears.  Also, it was an act of selflessness on Sonic's part.  He sacrifices his last wish to comfort Sharah.  I wouldn't say it was stupid.  It was a sweet and touching gesture, in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 6

Some people might agree with me or not but Sonic and Shadow turning Super in SA2

The point is that he wants Sharah to take her time to grieve and get over the pain.  She'd just forcibly been removed from a confusing and abusive relationship.  Going through that and being told not to cry would only rub the wrong way, as this was a struggle that could only be dealt with through tears.  Also, it was an act of selflessness on Sonic's part.  He sacrifices his last wish to comfort Sharah.  I wouldn't say it was stupid.  It was a sweet and touching gesture, in my opinion.

Indeed. Although Sonic is someone who doesn't like seeing any of his friends be hurt or sad, the last thing he would do in this situation with Sharha is to tell her to suck it up and get over it since he got a pretty good idea on what her relationship with Erazor was despite her never going into too much detail about it. Yeah, Erazor was a jerk and got what was coming to him, but Sharha sincerely thought there was some salvage and hope for the both of them. For once, Sonic knew that saying "Cheer up!" wouldn't be the solution for someone to get over something like this.

• Thumbs Up 3