Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

(0:16 onwards)

This is the greatest failure in Eggman's career, the essence of indifference he gives off at first before getting a bit nervy, then dancing around like a fucking maniac when he realizes what a terrible idea this mech was before running away in disgrace. I'm not sure if this was unintentional, but it makes me laugh uncontrollably every time. =D

I always thought that Eggman was "dancing" because the heat on the floor of his machine generated by friction caused by the conveyor belt was burning his feet.

I always thought that Eggman was "dancing" because the heat on the floor of his machine generated by friction caused by the conveyor belt was burning his feet.

Hmm, either way, it's a classic Eggman moment and it shows how his character has been kept consistent as the years went by, he's always been that lovable man-child =P

When you look through shadows first person view in Sonic Heroes, and rouge's head just *pings* suddenly to face you, both absolutely terrified me first time, and then made me histerical after that XD

Edited by Naysu

Watching the glitches in the Silver boss battle in Sonic 06, couldn't keep a straight face.

Edited by smashking

When Shadow yells DON'T TOUCH IT! Apart from that, most moments that I found hilarious were in Shadow, one of them is when Shadow karate chops Eggman to death and also the scene with the Commander as a child.

Another which is quite funny when Eggman hits his head when the Egg Wyvern is destroyed in 06! *DING* Also when The chao and Tikal get trampeled by her father's clan, I know it's horrible but I couldn't help but laugh at the noise the chao make! laugh.png

Edited by Pumpkin Head Ghost
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of '06, did anyone else find it funny when all the characters go their separate ways to track down Emeralds to revive Sonic and then Knuckles goes the wrong way and almost trips over Sonic's limp leg?

And then Mephiles does a little pirouette off screen when he tells Silver that his last chance at nailing Sonic is at Radical Train?

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 8

Rusty Ruins in Sonic 3D blast and those platforms that make Sonic twirl around like a ballerina. I remember laughing so much when I played that level because it was impossible to take him seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of '06, did anyone else find it funny when all the characters go their separate ways to track down Emeralds to revive Sonic and then Knuckles goes the wrong way and almost trips over Sonic's limp leg?

And then Mephiles does a little pirouette off screen when he tells Silver that his last chance at nailing Sonic is at Radical Train?

In fact the way the characters moved in 06 in general was pretty funny. They would always dance about and never stop moving.

In fact the way the characters moved in 06 in general was pretty funny. They would always dance about and never stop moving.

^^This

The amount of arm flailing and twitching around in that game is amazing. I can never look at these cutscenes with a straight face.They are downright hilarious(and that is just visually,unlike in SHtH where you need the audio to be able to laugh at what unintentional hilarity they're spouting).

^^This

The amount of arm flailing and twitching around in that game is amazing. I can never look at these cutscenes with a straight face.They are downright hilarious(and that is just visually,unlike in SHtH where you need the audio to be able to laugh at what unintentional hilarity they're spouting).

Speaking of ShTH and '06, I love often the characters will swipe their hands and make a laughably loud "fwoosh" sounds. Amateur dramatics at their finest.

Sonic 06's cutscenes are what happens when you get those Power Ranger tokusatsu suit actors to do your motion capture.

I don't really know if they're tokusatsu suit actors or not, but the mannerisms are simply uncanny, or maybe that's just one of the standards for acting in Japan. xP

• Thumbs Up 1

Why they thought putting the Sonic 4 theme in was a good idea is beyond me.

1- It was Jun Senoue.

2- I dunno. I think it actually sort of fit as the meeting of Classic and Modern. Plus I like the tune.

• Thumbs Up 2

In Sonic Adventure 2 when Knuckles and Rouge argue about the master emerald. I dunno why but that whole scene was just hilarious to me. I can't really explain it. Skip to 2:17.

All of the animations in Sonic Adventure as a whole. Especially this one:

seeif.gif

"SEE IF YOU CAN MAKE IT PAST HERE SONIC!"

that reminds me of this:

anyways... Definitely Knuckles' unusually calm "oh no" when he gets hit by Sonic/Tails during that fight just before the first Sky Chase in SA1

Edited by Mr.Snarf
  • Thumbs Up 4

In Sonic Adventure 2 when Knuckles and Rouge argue about the master emerald. I dunno why but that whole scene was just hilarious to me. I can't really explain it. Skip to 2:17.

"AAAAaaAaaAaAaAaA"

Top-notch voice acting there.

• Thumbs Up 2